By ARNIE STAPLETON
AP Sports Writer

Green Bay Packers cornerback Mike McKenzie's holdout could end soon.

"All I know is I'm meeting with Mike tomorrow at 8 o'clock," coach-general manager Mike Sherman told The Associated Press on Tuesday night.

Sherman said he was meeting with his recalcitrant cornerback at Lambeau Field.

Would he welcome back his best cover cornerback who has missed all offseason workouts while seeking a trade and saying he doesn't think the Packers can win under Sherman?

"I've said time and time again over the last couple of months" that McKenzie would be welcomed back, Sherman said in a phone interview.

Sherman reiterated there would be no adjustment in or promise to sweeten McKenzie's current contract.

McKenzie became upset this offseason when several cornerbacks of lesser talent surpassed him in compensation. McKenzie is entering the third season of a five-year, $17.1 million contract he signed in January 2002.

He missed a weekly paycheck of $161,000 by failing to report to the team last week.

McKenzie's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, didn't immediately return a phone message from The AP seeking comment.

The Packers allowed Rosenhaus, and before him Brian Parker, to shop McKenzie, and Dallas and New Orleans showed the most interest. But the team's asking price of a first-round draft pick and a starter proved too high.

The Packers over the weekend gave cornerback Al Harris, the starter on the right side, a five-year, nearly $19 million contract extension that included more than $7 million in bonuses.

The Packers drafted cornerbacks Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas with their top two picks in April.

Veteran Michael Hawthorne started in McKenzie's left cornerback spot in the Packers' 24-14 victory over Carolina on Monday night.