RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

McNabb done for the year with ACL tear

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb will miss the rest of the year because of a torn ligament in his right knee, ending his season early for the third time in five years.

McNabb was carted off the field early in the second quarter of Philadelphia's 24-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

The Eagles said McNabb tore his ACL.

"That's normally an eight month to a year injury, so he's done for the year," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

McNabb was rolling to his right near the Tennessee sideline and tumbled out of bounds after throwing an incomplete pass. He grabbed his leg and was immediately tended to by trainers. He was replaced in the lineup by Jeff Garcia.

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowler, came into the game tied with Peyton Manning for the league lead with 18 touchdown passes and was second in the league with 2,569 yards passing.

McNabb had surgery for a sports hernia and missed the final seven games last season when the Eagles finished 6-10 a year after going to the Super Bowl. McNabb also sat out the final six regular-season games of the 2002 season with a broken ankle before returning for the playoffs.

The Eagles were 2-5 with Mike McMahon filling in for McNabb last year and went 5-1 with Koy Detmer and A.J. Feeley starting the last six games in '02.

McNabb was 6-for-13 for 78 yards and threw an interception in the end zone before leaving the game.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: McNabb done for the year with ACL tear

That's too bad...I really enjoy watching him play...time to see if Garcia can get anything done...I highkly doubt it

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

He will never be the same after this, unfortunately. I guess that the Eagles will see if Garcia is still "crisp."

Seriously, this is another reason why it is so disheartening for our Rams to be underperforming. None of the NFC teams are stepping up or playing that well. This would have been an opportune time to step it up and get into the playoff hunt. Then again, we don't deserve to be the way that we have played
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I hate to sound shallow, but this is really gonna kill one of my fantasy teams. I better go check the Free Agent list.

Rams4Life28 Guest

sucks for him and the Eagles. I live on the street behind McNabb

Dr. Defense is online now Registered User

I really feel bad for this guy. He can never catch a break. It always seems like it will be a promising year and the eagles are winning and everything looks like it's going good and then he hurts himself again. Then he has to deal with T.O. My heart goes out to the guy. Such a nice guy, and he gets the worst luck.