cfh128 is offline Registered User

McNabb traded to Redskins

Pretty shocking news to see a trade go down like this between division rivals. This should end any talks about McNabb being traded to us.

Reported by Adam Schefter on espn.com:

The Philadelphia Eagles have reached agreement on a blockbuster intra-division trade that will send perennial Pro Bowl quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Washington Redskins, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

The two sides still must finalize language, but McNabb is now headed to Washington. Compensation is not yet known, but it is likely to include Washington's 2010 second-round pick.

The move means the Redskins now have a new starting quarterback and the Eagles have a new one as well in Kevin Kolb. Michael Vick is now in line as the team's backup.

Sources said McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, scared off several other teams. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 and is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.

At the league meetings, head coach Andy Reid said the Eagles were listening to offers for all three quarterbacks, including 11-year veteran McNabb, who quickly said on his Web site that he wanted a quick resolution to the trade conversations.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: McNabb traded to Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Pretty shocking news to see a trade go down like this between division rivals. This should end any talks about McNabb being traded to us.

and any trade up to take Bradford from the Skins..

i saw it rumoured a couple of days ago..but just thought it was too unlikely to be true to bother posting it.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I like D-Mac, but am glad he's now a skin, not a ram. (Especially considering the price-picks/age/contract situation)

Kolb, Djax, Maclin, Shady McCoy, Celek. They may not have a D, but the O should be fun to watch.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by #39 Fan View Post
    I like D-Mac, but am glad he's now a skin, not a ram. (Especially considering the price-picks/age/contract situation)

Kolb, Djax, Maclin, Shady McCoy, Celek. They may not have a D, but the O should be fun to watch.
    im glad for the Rams..but im glad for McNabb too...after 11 seasons of putting his body on the line every sunday for the "city of Brotherly love" he will finally get some love (oh the irony) from the fans of the team he plays for.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

This is the strangest trade I have seen in awhile, why would you trade a good QB to your division rival? Personally, I really like Mcnabb and hope he torches the eagles next year for two wins on the skins schedule. I cant remember who said it but some dude said "Eagles drafted Mcnabb in 1999, they have been trying to run him out of town since 2000" I think it's time for philly fans to learn a little appreciation for what they had.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

What happens to Jason Cambell? Will he be a backup or traded do you think? I hope McNab torches Philly for years to come I will enjoy watching this matchup now.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Guess all that stuff about the Rams being forced to trade Bradford to the Redskins isn't going to happen. Hmmm... imagine that... more unfounded rumors.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

McNabb only has one year left on his current contract. To have Bradford sit behind him for one year isn't that far fetched. Not saying it will happen but it isn't a bad idea.

Springfield Rams is offline Registered User

Campbell will definitely be traded, he has a lot of talent and some team will get him for a really good price. I'd love for him to be a Ram.

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Hope it doesn't come back and bite the Birds in the rear. As if it does, the Eagles will have a poor season in 2010. But on the other hand, the Eagles didn't give McNabb a squat of respect all those years he was with them!
    Autumn Winds!