Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    moklerman Guest

Re: A Message To The Seahawks Fans

Typically you blame the head coach for a loss in a big game.
    Apparently the front office shares my opinion. Good riddance to psycho Martz.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Apparently the front office shares my opinion. Good riddance to psycho Martz.
    What's that whoosh sound I hear?

Ah yes, it is your credibility flying out the window as you reveal your true agenda.

Too bad the FO did not fire him after the big game.

If they had, you might have a case.

Then again, you never were much good at proving your perceived case.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen
    As a Seahawks fan, I don't believe for a second that the game was fixed. But I'll tell you what I do think.

I think that because the Steelers were the recipients of one of the worst calls in the history of the NFL which made the Indy game far closer than it should have and the refs subsequently got called out in the media by Porter as having fixed that game and not wanting the Steelers to win, the refs reacted by making sure that no one could make such an accusation again by being very careful not to make any crappy calls against the Steeler again.

And in a game of inches and split second decisions, it doesn't take much of an awareness of having to be careful to influence some decisions.

QB gets close to the goal line? Better call it than not, because we don't want any outcries that the game was fixed.

Game clock running out and the QB calls a timeout. Well, the clock was close to being zero (actually, it WAS zero) but we'd best give it to him.

The DB said the receiver pushed off? Yeah, now that I think of it, I did see a hand move didn't I. I'd better call that, we don't want to give the apparency that we don't want the Steelers to win...

Anyways, like I said, it doesn't take much to influence a few calls.

But the main thing that I think, is that NFL officiating stinks. It's just putrid. Do any of you feel safe? Do you think that the refs are going to be fair to your team?

I know that regardless of your feelings about this particular game, I've seen far too much crappy calls. Instant replay and such is supposed to make things better, but so far it hasn't. Something needs to be changed.
    Cmon the refs didn't favor the Steelers beacause the media would roast them, or Porter saying the Colt game was fixed. You don't really believe that.

The Ben TD was called a TD and there wasn't sufficient video evidence to overturn. That ball could have crossed the goal line, but you couldn't see the ball and it was so close that you can't overturn. If they had originally called it as no TD, then with that video evidence they shouldn't overturn that call either.

Jackson did push off. Was it ticky tack? Yes, but he did push off. The rule says thats a penalty. Is it called consistantly? No. Should it be? Yes.

The poor officiating aside, the Hawks dropped passes, missed FGs, had poor clock management.

Overall the Hawks lost the game because of the Hawks, not because of the officiating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

As usual, a thoughtful, carefully worded thread by yours truly has been turned to gobbledygook by a bunch of posters who have no clue how to stay on topic.

moklerman Guest

As usual, a thoughtful, carefully worded thread by yours truly
    What do you really think of yourself?
    Cmon the refs didn't favor the Steelers...
    I agree. Good post.
    Then again, you never were much good at proving your perceived case.
    This, from a guy who thinks 3 Super Bowls in 4 years is "lucky". Or that Belechick isn't all that good and his coordinators carry him. Or that Martz outcoached BB in SB XXXVI. You're right, I can't argue with delusions. I would be stupid to keep trying.

Ramsbruce summed it up nicely. Dropped passes, poor clock management, missed fg's and penalties are what cost Seattle the game. Conspiracy nuts are just that...nuts.

What do you really think of yourself?
    That depends. If you ask me to rate myself on an absolute scale, I'd probably come accross as humble. If you asked me rate myself on a relative scale, I'd probably come accross as arrogant. If you don't understand the difference, I'd probably come accross as unclear.

bluengreen Guest

Cmon the refs didn't favor the Steelers beacause the media would roast them, or Porter saying the Colt game was fixed. You don't really believe that.
    Not favor them exactly, but to make them take extra care to be fair to Pitt and not make any bad calls. It's just human nature to do so after blowing a huge call against them.

The Ben TD was called a TD and there wasn't sufficient video evidence to overturn. That ball could have crossed the goal line, but you couldn't see the ball and it was so close that you can't overturn.
    Right. Once it was called a TD it there wasn't enough to overturn it, but it it hadn't been called a TD there wouldn't have been enough to overturn that either. But it was that little tiny bit of effort to be fair to Pitt which caused them to call it a TD in the first place.

And let them get away with the timeout after the game clock was down. And call the ticky tacky calls that would usually go unnoticed. They weren't really biased, they were just being careful.

The poor officiating aside, the Hawks dropped passes, missed FGs, had poor clock management.

Overall the Hawks lost the game because of the Hawks, not because of the officiating.
    Sure, they had every chance to win anyways and didn't get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    As usual, a thoughtful, carefully worded thread by yours truly has been turned to gobbledygook by a bunch of posters who have no clue how to stay on topic.
    Like it only happens to your threads?

This, from a guy who thinks 3 Super Bowls in 4 years is "lucky". Or that Belechick isn't all that good and his coordinators carry him. Or that Martz outcoached BB in SB XXXVI.
    Perfect example of gobbledygook. Something I write in a post is completely misinterpreted and twisted to fit the need of Mr. Agenda. (aka....Mr. King of Cynicism)

Not to mention that it has absolutely zero to do with this thread.

moklerman Guest

Not to mention that it has absolutely zero to do with this thread.
    I didn't bring it up.
    Something I write in a post is completely misinterpreted and twisted to fit the need of Mr. Agenda.
    There's no interrpreting to be done. Those are things you said. You're the one attacking me rather than staying on topic or addressing something I've said.

Scidog68 Guest

Wow......You'da' thought we played ourselves and cheated, based on the emotional level of this argument.

Such pointed, personal attacks. Again I say.....Wow.

Those are things you said. You're the one attacking me rather than staying on topic or addressing something I've said.
    No, those are not the things I said. You not only misinterpreted, you misquoted out of context when you state I said those exact things.

I did not start with the attacks. You started with the attacks in another thread, simply because you have an agenda. I might be inclined to ask you: How do you like it? When you are willing to admit that you started with the attacks let me know.

RealRam is offline Registered User

[On Topic]

Letting it slip away

By Chuck Klonke
    Special to SuperBowl.com

DETROIT (Feb. 5, 2006) -- The Seattle Seahawks said all the right things after Super Bowl XL.

They gave the Pittsburgh Steelers their due. They credited them for the 21-10 victory. They said that Pittsburgh was the better team on Sunday.

But on the flight back to Seattle, the Seahawks are bound to wonder what might have been.

Upon further review ... Hawks let one slip away

What might have been if Darrell Jackson hadn't been called for offensive pass interference after catching a pass in the end zone in the first quarter? It would have been a 16-yard touchdown and a 7-0 lead instead of settling for Josh Brown's 47-yard field goal.

"Usually you see a no call in a situation like that," said Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren.

What might have been if tight end Jerramy Stevens hadn't dropped three passes, including two that were deep in Pittsburgh territory?

"I just didn't make the catch," Stevens said. "I wanted to make the plays. I usually make those plays. It's frustrating as hell."

Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said that he never lost confidence in Stevens, who during the week engaged in a war of words with Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter. Hasselbeck also said that he didn't think that had an effect on Stevens' performance Sunday.

"I don't think he faded under pressure," Hasselbeck said. "Everybody has a bad day like that at times. I have confidence in him. I kept throwing him the ball."

Hasselbeck proved that he had confidence in Stevens when he passed to him for Seattle's only touchdown.

What might have been if the Seahawks hadn't been penalized at the most inopportune times?

A holding penalty nullified a 34-yard punt return by Peter Warrick late in the first half. Another holding penalty wiped out a pass from Hasselbeck to Stevens that took Seattle to the Pittsburgh 1-yard line when the score was 14-10 midway through the fourth quarter.

"It's not characteristic of my team to take that many penalties," Holmgren said.

It was a game of missed opportunities for the Seahawks, who stopped themselves as many times as the Steelers stopped them.

"We had momentum and it seemed like we could pin them back on their heels a few times, but we couldn't finish," said center Robbie Tobeck. "We had opportunities, and when you play a great team like Pittsburgh, you have to make every one of them count."

Hasselbeck said that the Steelers defense caused more than a few problems for him, but at the same time, he caught them on a few occasions, too.

"We picked up a lot of the blitzes, but that's only part of the deal," he said. "Then you have to do something with it. We beat them a few times, but not enough.

"Pittsburgh did a good job of mixing things and they threw in a few things that we hadn't seen before. We just stalled out in the red zone. When you're in the red zone, you have to score touchdowns."

And the Seahawks had only one -- the 16-yard touchdown pass from Hasselbeck to Stevens that was set up by cornerback Kelly Herndon's 76-yard interception return.

:football: So Seattle will head into the offseason wondering what might have been had they capitalized on all their chances.

[This is what I mean about Seattle's CLASS] "I told the players to make sure that they gave Pittsburgh credit," Holmgren said. "But we have played better than we did tonight. Unfortunately, we didn't play our best in the biggest game of the year."

moklerman Guest

THIS ENTIRE POST IS ENTIRELY OFF TOPIC NOTWITHSTANDING THE FACT THAT MOK WAS WARNED TO STAY ON TOPIC!!!!
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -02-07-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Better Luck next year seahawks fans!!

And

GO RAMS!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast