throwback week

Thread: Michael Vick

K.G Guest

Michael Vick

Should I even mention the idea? What does everybody think? Whenever he can play we should def go after him if we got the money.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Michael Vick

There are a few other threads about this already. The answer is no.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

HELL NO, not even to have him for free would I want him within 1000 light years of the Rams, Reasons:

1. PITA and anyother animal rights group will likely setup camp outside Rams HQ
    2. How many Rams players would want to play with Vick on the same filed? Most would but a handful would not.
    3. Giving all the opportunities for distractions would you want to see any of it?
    4. Playing Pro-football is and honor and a privilage. ESPN radio is just full with commentaries about how he, like any other have a right to make a living--true, but let it be somewhere else. Last I looked he did go to college; hope he put is educational opportunity to better use then he did his professional football career.

IF the Rams go out and get themselves a VICK, there is a Tank, Pac-Man, and R. Williams out there--if you get one bad apple--why not get the whole lot of them.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I like pita with my kabobs.

I am sure Vick would be distracting and some players would like him and some players would not like him. You would have to ask the players what they think of him to get a clear answer of how they feel.

Adding Vick would bring more media attention to the Rams that is for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Vick? again..

I was watching Bernie Mac in Mr 3000 yesterday. It is a baseball movie where they bring back on old player and he brings in the crowds. He is old and ornery. The owner of the team decides to keep him in whether he does good or bad, just because he is bringing in the fans.

Vick could do that for the Rams. I am not sure how many Vick supporters there are out there, but he could expand the fan base for a bit. Yes it would be a distraction and yes players and fans could be upset over it, but it would generate attention.

I would not be terribly upset if they brought Vick in. I think people deserve second chances in life. I think Vick has been punished, he has shown remorse, and perhaps pit bulls and fighting dogs are better off for it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So are there any reports out there to show if he can play anymore? What positions he would consider playing? Is he actually cleared by the league to play?

I think it is an interesting concept. He can run, he can throw, can he catch too? The offense could use some help and special teams could too.

Maybe this is too far out a concept for most fans....are you guys completely against it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigtiger737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    So are there any reports out there to show if he can play anymore? What positions he would consider playing? Is he actually cleared by the league to play?

I think it is an interesting concept. He can run, he can throw, can he catch too? The offense could use some help and special teams could too.

Maybe this is too far out a concept for most fans....are you guys completely against it?

MICHEAL VICK..... should die of std's and go away

K.G Guest

I dont understand how you guys are completely against it. I am sure his football skills arent as honed but you know in jail all he did was workout. If the players are allright with it we should go after him.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I don't care if Vick comes back with all the skills of T. Brady, J. Montana and S. Young all in one. I don't want sick VICK anywhere close to the Rams.

There are somethings more important then winning games--self respect being one of them. I would hang my head in shame to admit of being a Ram fan with Vick on the squad.

As I mentioned earlier, playing professional football is a privilage and honor, not a right. He can earn a living doing something else.

Fact is, what message would the NFL be saying if Vick returns? Its ok to do horrible things, as long as you have talent, you are welcome back and are "forgiven". Great message for the youth of this country.

Warner4prez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Fact is, what message would the NFL be saying if Vick returns? Its ok to do horrible things, as long as you have talent, you are welcome back and are "forgiven". Great message for the youth of this country.
    At the risk of negative rep, I'll reiterate a point that I've made once or twice as well as a few other level headed members of the board, Leonard Little did kill a woman and he's taking his snaps on the field. With this very football team no less! Are you ok with placing the value of the life of dogs over human beings? Because it sort of seems that way as no one cries to have him removed and keep a distance from the team.
    This nauseating sentiment of Vick is a horrible human being is sometimes too much to handle. Especially when there are players with backgrounds just as sketchy in the NFL currently.