Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Michael Vick At It Again

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If I were the GM of the Falcons, I'd trade Vick while he still has value and build a more conventional offense around Shaub.
    I posted this elsewhere a little over a month ago, but I'll copy and paste it here since it's applicable.

If the info I'm looking at is correct, Vick's deal included $37 million in signing bonus money - one initial bonus of $7.5 million, one roster bonus of $22.5 million in March 2005, and one roster bonus of $7 million in 2006. All of them are treated as normal signing bonuses. Since Vick still has eight years left on that deal, the majority of that prorated bonus money has yet to count and would be accelerated if he were cut. If I had to guess, I would think trading/cutting him afer this season would give the Falcons closer to a $30 million accelerated hit for 2007, which frankly would be extremely hard if not impossible to absorb.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Its nice t know we have a guy like Marc at the helm.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Update: Apparently the substance found was not marijuana nor was it illegal. Supposedly Vick is to be exhonerated? Someone might want to look into this or something but I just caught it on the radio. So.. Vick is not in trouble.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Jan. 21, 2007) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick wasn't carrying marijuana when stopped by security last week at Miami International Airport, ESPN reported Sunday.
    Citing anonymous NFL sources, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Vick wasn't carrying marijuana or any other illegal substance. The ESPN report also cited an anonymous Falcons source, who said the team expects to hear something formal by Jan. 22.
    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wouldn't comment on the report. He told The Associated Press the league had received no information on the issue.
    On Jan. 17, Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at the Miami airport. He was not arrested and was allowed to board an AirTran flight to Atlanta.
    The bottle was found to have a compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the police report said.
    Miami police have said it could take weeks to decide whether to file charges.

-nfl.com

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

He's still stupid though....

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    Update: Apparently the substance found was not marijuana nor was it illegal. Supposedly Vick is to be exhonerated? Someone might want to look into this or something but I just caught it on the radio. So.. Vick is not in trouble.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Much ado about nothing
    Sources: Vick had no pot, illegal substance at airport
    Posted: Sunday January 21, 2007 9:26PM; Updated: Sunday January 21, 2007 10:15PM

(AP) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick wasn't carrying marijuana when stopped by security last week at Miami International Airport, ESPN reported Sunday.

Citing anonymous NFL sources, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Vick wasn't carrying marijuana or any other illegal substance. The ESPN report also cited an anonymous Falcons source, who said the team expects to hear something formal by Monday.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wouldn't comment on the report. He told The Associated Press the league had received no information on the issue.

Last Wednesday, Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at the Miami airport. He was not arrested and was allowed to board an AirTran flight to Atlanta.

The bottle was found to have a compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the police report said.

Miami police have said it could take weeks to decide whether to file charges.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Hmm. He's hesitant to give up his bottle that just happens to have a hidden compartment with "some" pungent substance in it, a substance that is still a mystery. Stay tuned.....

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Vick won't face charges
    Lab tests on bottle showed no evidence of drugs
    Posted: Monday January 22, 2007 11:05AM; Updated: Monday January 22, 2007 12:48PM

MIAMI (AP) -- No criminal charges will be filed against Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick over a suspicious bottle he attempted to bring through security at Miami International Airport, state prosecutors said Monday.

Lab tests done on the bottle, which contained a hidden compartment that police suspected may have contained marijuana, found no evidence of drugs, according to a memo by Deisy Rodriguez, an assistant state attorney.

"Based on the lab's findings, the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is not filing criminal charges," Rodriguez said in the memo, adding that the bottle is no longer considered evidence in an investigation.

Vick, 26, was forced to surrender the bottle when he attempted to take it through airport security last Wednesday. He was not arrested and went on to board an AirTran flight to Atlanta.

A police report said the bottle appeared from the outside to contain water but had a compartment behind the label. That compartment contained "a small amount of dark particulate" and an odor consistent with marijuana, the report said. Monday's memo did not say what the material was.

Police had also said last week the lab analysis could take several weeks. The decision not to prosecute followed a weekend report by ESPN based on anonymous sources that Vick was not carrying marijuana or any other illegal substance when he was stopped.

Possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana is a misdemeanor under Florida law punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. First offenders rarely do jail time.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Well then what was this mystery pungent, marijuana-like substance?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

He may not have had drugs hidden in there at the time, but I'm not sure why else you'd have a bottle like that and be hesitant to give it up at the airport if that's not the purpose.

general counsel is online now Registered User

The results of the test were "inconclusive" and indecisive. According to reports in atlanta, its the spin doctors saying it wasnt weed. Bottom line is that they couldnt tell what it was.

Nick, showing that in addition to being an expert on the draft is also a contributing editor of High Times Magazine, is dead on correct. Why would he hesitate to throw it away if it wasnt for the purpose of carrying his stash.

Even vick, he of the fantastic athletic ability and equally limited brain function, wouldnt be stupid enough to try and board a plane these days while actually carrying weed. He would have had someone do it for him. My bet is that he was going to use the bottle to carry around his stash once he got where he was going.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Ron Mexico, the best running back to play QB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Came across this and had to share since Vick's in the news.

For fans of Pearl Jam's "Evenflow"... absolutely hilarious!
    Very nice, and very true; the Fcons will NEVER win a championship with Ron.

He already smoked it in the men's room.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-26-2007 at 01:36 PM.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    The results of the test were "inconclusive" and indecisive. According to reports in atlanta, its the spin doctors saying it wasnt weed. Bottom line is that they couldnt tell what it was.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Inconclusive and indecisive?? Than the call on the field stands! Guilty!

Atlanta will be charged a timeout!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12