Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: The Michael Vick love-fest continues.

Maybe it's the new medication I just started yesterday, but...
    I'm predicting an end to Vick's running game and his days in the pro bowl. This will be his last year.
    Next year (if we play the dirty birds) Vick's going to try an end run to his left, and run straight into Alex Barron. Once that happens, he'll end up on IR for the season.

OK, I guess I should have thought that out before I posted it...Mom just reminded me that this is only wishful thinking...Vick and Barron could not face each other. I should have waited until my second cup of coffee before posting.

Now, I just feel like a dumbass.:tut
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -12-22-2005 at 10:46 AM.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

A M E N !!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Maybe it's the new medication I just started yesterday, but...
    I'm predicting an end to Vick's running game and his days in the pro bowl. This will be his last year.
    Next year (if we play the dirty birds) Vick's going to try an end run to his left, and run straight into Alex Barron. Once that happens, he'll end up on IR for the season.
    Sam, maybe it is your medication, cause I'm not sure when Vick and Barron will be on the field together.

Maybe it's time to go back to the old meds. LOL
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

hey guys lets stop dancing around the real issue here, hes a black qb and since the limbaugh/mcnabb fiasco, black qb's are untouchable,right or wrong thats the way it is now, no network will come out an say that vick doesnt deserve it because they dont want the negative feedback,look at the black qb's in the league right now, do any of the networks say anything negative about them ?no

general counsel is offline Registered User

steve young improved dramtically and quickly. there has been NO improvement in vicks passing skills, accuracy, pocket presence, ability to read defenses in two years. No improvement of any kind.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    steve young improved dramtically and quickly. there has been NO improvement in vicks passing skills, accuracy, pocket presence, ability to read defenses in two years. No improvement of any kind.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Not to mention, Young didn't make the trip to Hawaii until AFTER he started putting it all together. Come Feb. Vick will have been three times without displaying the first sign of being a pro-bowl caliber QB.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    In case there were any doubt as to what a joke Pro-Bowl selections can be......I give you 2006 Pro Bowl QB, Michael Vick. Current NFC QB ratings:

1 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 96.3 Pro Bowl
    2 Marc Bulger STL 94.4
    3 Mark Brunell WAS 87.0
    4 Jake Delhomme CAR 86.5 Pro Bowl
    5 Drew Bledsoe DAL 86.1
    6 Kurt Warner ARI 85.8
    7 Donovan McNabb PHI 85.0
    8 Brad Johnson MIN 83.7
    9 Chris Simms TB 79.8
    10 Eli Manning NYG 75.4
    11 Brett Favre GB 73.1
    12 Daunte Culpepper MIN 72.0
    13 Michael Vick ATL 71.8 Pro Bowl
    Bulger was injured early enough in the season that we knew he wouldn't make it. Brunell, Bledsoe, Warner, and even Eli deserve to go before Vick.

Favre is an INT machine this year, more INTs then TDs so he's a no go. McNabb injured, CPep injured, Brad Johnson didn't play enough games and played average at best, Simms has been fairly average (just like Vick), but as I said above Brunell, Beldsoe, or Warner deserve Vick's spot.

The neverending hype machine makes sure Vick gets in with piss poor numbers. There is no real return for promoting Warner, Brunell or Bledsoe. There is a huge return to promote Vick.

I guess if you want to watch the NFL you just have to deal with the "Vick Hype" until someone else comes in and takes it from him, or he underperforms so badly that even the NFL can't promote him anymore.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

This selection to the pro-bowl absolutely makes me sick. He is a horrible QB. I could see him getting elected if the criteria for QB stated that he had to miss almost half his passes and run. But that's not what is says, so there is no way Vick should go to the Pro-Bowl. That honor should be reserved for good players.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Not to mention, Young didn't make the trip to Hawaii until AFTER he started putting it all together. Come Feb. Vick will have been three times without displaying the first sign of being a pro-bowl caliber QB.
    That's a very good point that makes my plea for patience sound a little hollow.

In which case, why has he made it for the last 3 years? Must admit I'm mystified, but on the basis that it's not just the media who vote for his inclusion it can't just be his race and the idea that they are reluctant to comment negatively about him because of it.

Is it not enough to vote for a guy who can change a game with his legs from the QB position? Look what he did to us last year...............

I'm actually pretty indifferent about him and whether he makes it or not but there must be some legitimate reason why all these people including a fair chunk of players voted for him.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

STEVE YOUNG changed when he had some players around him.. Tampa was sad.

Michael Vick has Warrick Dunn, T.J. Duckett, Alge Crumpler
    - the league's best rushing attack. AND a good Defense.

Notice when Vick's backup from Virginia (Schaub) is inserted he throws for 300 yards.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

All true...............

I think to get a Vick in the pro-bowl that we can all agree deserves to get there we might have to wait for his little brother who also plays at tech and is by all accounts (SI I think, correct me if I'm wrong) a much better passer but still has the legs.

That would be scary.

rebel13 is offline Registered User

Just think, if he were female, handicapped and gay, he would be the NFL's most valuable playerLOL :clanram:

Milan is offline Registered User

Vick and Bulger have been in the NFL the same amount of time.

Vick has started 5 more games then Bulger
    and played 12 More games then him, which is almost a season, and in that time Vick has come up 420 yards short of what Bulger has just throwing (Including Vick's Rushing yards added to his throwing yards)

This season, he has less passing yards then Bulger, despite playing 5 more games then him, also only has about 530 more yards then Bulger despite playing 5 more games. (That also includes his rushing yards).

In 5 games a quarterback can get 1000 yards, with not too much difficulty (about 200 YPG) yet Vick can only muster 500 more yards then Bulger in 5 games.

I'm wondering why he's in the Pro-Bowl, he doesn't deserve to be there, I'm betting he's going to go into the HoF which he doesn't deserve either unless he improves his play.

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Who is Michael Vick anyway?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Comparing Vick to Steve Young is a joke. MV has no passing skills at all. Every pass he throws is a bullet, no touch on the ball at all. The Falcons need to wake up and make MV a wide receiver and put Schaub in at QB.

Let's not forget they are 8-6 and have a solid team all around.......so how great is MV ???

Rams !!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast