Thread: Mike Martz

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Mike Martz

MM had 1 interview with the Miami Dolphins but the Dolphins haven't had him back for a follow-up. Arizona, Atlanta, Oakland and Pittsburgh haven't shown any interest at all. What happened to MM? (the offensive genius)

Did his run ins with the Rams front office condem this man?

What else could it be?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Mike Martz

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    MM had 1 interview with the Miami Dolphins but the Dolphins haven't had him back for a follow-up. Arizona, Atlanta, Oakland and Pittsburgh haven't shown any interest at all. What happened to MM? (the offensive genius)

Did his run ins with the Rams front office condem this man?

What else could it be?

uh.... he sucks as a head coach, and everyone knows it?

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

He should'nt have been so arrogant. We should have won that playoff game vs. Carolina double OT. (Tried to go conservative)
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    uh.... he sucks as a head coach, and everyone knows it?
    Exactly what I was going to say.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

The statement that Martz "sucks" as an NFL head coach is not one that can be objectively supported. Martz' record in his tenure with the Rams was far from that of a man who "sucks" and before the chorus of "He was blessed with a wealth of talent and screwed it up" starts, I'd point out that if he sucked that badly then he'd have struggled to get above .500.

There were things that he could be criticised for but for me, the statement that he "sucks" gets tossed out a little too casually.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I think that more than anything it just may be his personality. No one should question his record, but it is his quirks and brash personality that hold him back. he'll get another shot at HC if someone is willing to give him a chance and he agrees to answer to the front office. That's just my opinion...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    I think that more than anything it just may be his personality. No one should question his record, but it is his quirks and brash personality that hold him back. he'll get another shot at HC if someone is willing to give him a chance and he agrees to answer to the front office. That's just my opinion...
    Either that, or the other way around....a laissez-faire owner who gives Martz control of the FO. That was the problem in St. Louis, he had the laid-back owner, but never had any control in the FO.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    The statement that Martz "sucks" as an NFL head coach is not one that can be objectively supported. Martz' record in his tenure with the Rams was far from that of a man who "sucks" and before the chorus of "He was blessed with a wealth of talent and screwed it up" starts, I'd point out that if he sucked that badly then he'd have struggled to get above .500.

There were things that he could be criticised for but for me, the statement that he "sucks" gets tossed out a little too casually.
    Okay FatP, how about this....

Mike Martz couldn't coach a pop-warner football team. He was handed the keys to a fantastic football team and screwed it up so badly that we're still trying to recover from his vanity and errogance. Even a complete moron could get the team he inherited to .500. So using his record as an indication of his coaching ability holds no water.

..in other words, he sucks.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Okay FatP, how about this....

Mike Martz couldn't coach a pop-warner football team. He was handed the keys to a fantastic football team and screwed it up so badly that we're still trying to recover from his vanity and errogance. Even a complete moron could get the team he inherited to .500. So using his record as an indication of his coaching ability holds no water.

..in other words, he sucks.
    \

That's just off the planet but at least you've left us in doubt how you feel about him.

It's also wholly subjective of course.