THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Cool Mora's Falcons Hungry For New Beginning

The best offense is made up of a complementing defense, something the Atlanta Falcons lacked last year. Coming off a playoff from two years before versus Green Bay, the Falcons management retooled. The acquisition of Jim Mora Jr. and Rich McKay was a bold move.
    Arthur Blank is a serious businessman and in the NFL knowone wants to be another Bill Bidwell especially in Atlanta where sports teams are mediocre besides the Braves. And even they disappoint in the playoffs.
    With a healthy Mike Vick in the lineup and a new west coast approach and Mora 's knowledge of the NFC. It will be a good season in a tough division.
    With the addition of an arsenal consisting of Peerless Price,Dez White, Brian Finneran, and rookie Michael Jenkins, the birds are set for flight under Greg Knapp. The only concerns is how well the defensive front can hold opponents in the red zone.And that task was assigned to Ed Donatell to fix last years breakdowns.
    So the Atlanta Falcons will only soar if and when all the pieces come together. And Mora thought Terrell Owens was a big headache. Falcons season record should be 8-8 and a playoff hope.

THE FIELD GOAL @ cs.com (Oscar F Lopez)

THE FIELD GOAL

daredevil25 is offline Registered User

Re: Mora's Falcons Hungry For New Beginning

I like the read, but the latter part of the article about Mora and TO from all I've heard is untrue. Mora and TO never had problems w/ each other, during the 2002 season when the Niners loss just about every single player in the secondary to injury, TO even came up to Mora asking if he could play S if need be. Mora and TO never really had problems (or Knapp beyond that tirade last season), Owens problem was with upper management.

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
    The Falcons Flock Message Board

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Wink Re: Mora's Falcons Hungry For New Beginning

Hi Daredevil25,
    Thanks for the kind words on the article. But the truth of the matter was that Terrell Owens was all about me me me and not enough about the whole team concept.
    Sources around the Bay Area have confirmed since his departure to the City of Brotherly Love that his disdain was not only with upper management but at times with the actual coaches who wanted to involve other prospects to defy the defensive schemes designed for Terrell Owens.
    But not knowing Owens personally all i can say is that the ***** are better off this season. And as for him still bitter. He recently made comments to the effect that if had been with a QB like McNabb all along he would have had a Championship by now. He basically was poking at the ***** and espcially Jeff Garcia.
    THE FIELD GOAL

Agreed, TO is taking every stab at Jeff that he can. Honestly its just silly IMO, his #'s were great w/ Garcia and he acts like Garcia wronged him or something. The only part I agree w/ him is that had he played w/ Steve Young, his #'s would more than likely be higher. He's in Philly now though, and "for his sake" his past traits of playing down against good competition.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Now they beat the lowly niner's whom we should kill(come on Marc ,spice it up!) they are hungry for what.......cheese puffs? The Falcons should be a gimme , providing we cut out the T/O's in the red zone. IF the Falcon's are hungry, better eat some alka setzer now for that ****ty feeling they are gonna get in their gut's after this loss!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Admin reminder: this is NOT a smack forum. end reminder

theodus69 is offline Registered User

sorry, I forgot! GO RAMS!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Now they beat the lowly niner's whom we should kill(come on Marc ,spice it up!) they are hungry for what.......cheese puffs? The Falcons should be a gimme , providing we cut out the T/O's in the red zone. IF the Falcon's are hungry, better eat some alka setzer now for that ****ty feeling they are gonna get in their gut's after this loss!!!!!!!
    Not to talk smack, but you've got some crow to eat. This is why I don't talk a lot of smack when I go to opposing team's boards.