AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Moss and Owens... together?

From KFFL.com:

Raiders | Looking to Acquire Owens?
    Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:41:47 -0700
    WPVI.com reports there is some speculation the Philadelphia Eagles could trade WR Terrell Owens to the Oakland Raiders for WR Jerry Porter. If the trade were to occur, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

I can see it now...

Collins, back to throw, looking down the field for Owens, throws it and its... picked off by... by his own teammate! Moss has the ball and... Owens is chasing him! Owens grabs the ball from Moss, and now he's running with it... now their fighting over the ball and... fumble!!!!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Moss and Owens... together?

Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.
    Oh it doesn't take a degree in linguistics to read between these lines. Here's what Moss is really saying: "I can co-exist with Owens as long as my stats don't drop". These no-good self-centered bums. Never mind the fact, that this could be great for your T.E.A.M. Oh no, your first thought should always be about you. Give me a break Moss. And you just know that Owens is saying the exact same thing. You know what, these two deserve each other. I hope this deal happens. There will be more cancer in that lockerroom than the Mayo Clinic.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I think it would be great if this happens.

First, TO would no longer be in the NFC, which is good.

Second, it would be fun predicting the over/under on when the two-headed crybabymonster implodes (week 4, maybe?)

GameTime is offline Registered User

WOW....I guess Kerry Collins would get bumped up a few rounds in fantasy football drafts as well. Think of the touchdown antics these two could come up with together. That Could get pretty interesting

Yeah, Moss could do his "mock moon" and Owens can then shove a Sharpie up his...

Coastal Guest

Small problem. There is a reason the Giants gave up on Collins..same reason Raider fans learned to scream at him with anguish last year. He has no touch on the ball, makes very bad decisions, and is a very up and down player. Having TWO superstars glaring at him for badly missing them won't help his accuracy.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I really doubt this will happen, and while I hate to cite ProFootballTalk for anything with a straight face, they do bring up the main reason I don't think this will amount to anything...

The biggest impediment to such a deal is that the Raiders paid a $7 million signing bonus to Porter earlier this year. With the bonus spread over only five years per the CBA, Porter's current cap number is $2.4 million ($1.4 million bonus allocation and $1 million in salary). Trading him would cause the entire bonus to accelerate against the 2005 cap, pushing the total cap hit to $7 million, for a net increase of $4.6 million.

Picking up Owens' salary would chew up another $3.25 million in 2005 cap space, pushing the total cap cost of the deal to $7.95 million.

On top of that, Owens wants a new contract.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL
    You mean behind Bruce and Holt.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Clearly, this trade won't happen. But it would be funny seeing these two Prima Donnas fighting over one football.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It sure would give me another reason to hate the Faiders, not that I need one, but it would be fun to watch the disfunctionality of it all. The really bad side effect would be having the already out of control myopia of Traider fans reach a new level.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal
    Small problem. There is a reason the Giants gave up on Collins..same reason Raider fans learned to scream at him with anguish last year. He has no touch on the ball, makes very bad decisions, and is a very up and down player. Having TWO superstars glaring at him for badly missing them won't help his accuracy.
    1st thanks for the civil post.2nd I agree somewhat. This senerio would be alot of fun to watch,But! remember moss can probably pull down anything Collins throws within 20 Yards T.O. cant.It will be sanfran for T.O. all over again,and since he wont have the stats Moss will, T.O. will demand more money or trade.If the deal happens(I dont think it will) T.O. is gonna get punked by Moss,and Moss will make Collins look great.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

KurtWarner2005MVP is offline Registered User

i wouldn't trade Issac "Old faithfull" Bruce or Torry "Big game after big game, money man" Holt for either Randy "parking attendent runner over" Moss or Terrell "Donovan McNabb sucks" Owens.

beerhelmet is offline Registered User

Moss & Owens as teammates would make for some great entertainment. I can't imagine it ever happening though.
    If it did, I would give them about 3-4 games before they would be fighting on the sidelines.

T.O. tearing down the Moss banners, Moss mock-mooning the T.O. fans.
    it would be great.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal
    Gotta back this take. Never been a Collins fan, didn't think the Raiders upgraded at all with this move. Gannon had great presence and poise in the pocket, lacked only the long ball. Collins had the arm strength with no "touch" or focus. I realize he was a "Value for the money" pickup, but Moss and TO would flounder without an upgrade at QB.

Norv Turner is DEFINITELY (one of) the man to exploit that kind of arsenal, though.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Kerry"no mas"Collins just flat out sucks! Give him those 2 and the Raiders will be 500 at best! Whooooopeeeeeee!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!