Rams13 is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Most Overrated team going into 2001?

I would like to know everyone's opinion on who you think is the most overrated team going into the 01-02 season. Every season there is always a team that is so hyped up and they never seem to live up to that hype. I think last year allot of us will agree it was the Washington Redskins, they were truly hyped from even before the training camp stages because of their off-season signings. We all knew that the players they signed were a little over the hill though and the success would in no way be to what the media was portraying it to be. So how about this season ahead of us? The Redskins are no longer being overrated for this year so we have to hand that overrated title to someone else. Let me throw out a few suggestions: How about the Minnesota Vikings, once again Dennis Green has found a way to keep the team on the competitive edge despite the fact they have a disinegreating defense and your typical 21st century money hungry athlete in Randy Moss. Don't you think though they are also once again somewhat overrated? The talks that the unfortunate Stringer situation will motivate the team all the way to the Super Bowl this year, or the talks that the Cullpepper/Moss combination will be the best thing since Montana/Rice is a little overboard I think and so they definitely have to be 1 choice. The next team could be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. There is no doubt that the Buc's defense has been great the last couple of years and if they had any type of offense the last 2 years they could have really made some noise. However is Johnson really the answer at QB? Or is he just a band-aid for a while. I think he is certainly better then what they have had at QB the last 5 years but enough to lead them all the way to the NFC Championship? You be the judge of that one. And the last team I'll mention is the Baltimore Ravens. Yes they are the defending Super Bowl champions and do deserve some kind of respect, however they are not the most award winning super bowl champ's I've ever seen. First of all had the Raiders even shown up to the AFC Title game last year the Ravens would have been back to their nest in Baltimore, secondly it was a defensive effort that led them their. Hey there is nothing wrong with that because what it comes down to is if you win the big one and they did, but you put that anemic offense up against any kind of a defense that can play accurately and thats a game lost for the Ravens. The Raiders and the Giants defense put no challenge to the Ravens and so we saw Trent Dilfer of all people shine and win the SB. Elvis Grbac is overrated in himself and so I think that the Ravens could be just a tad overrated going into this season with their hopes of going back to back. I think all 3 of these teams I've mentioned are very talented in different areas of the field but none of them are complete teams and I think if the Rams defense is improved this year we can be a complete team. So let me hear what you all think. Who is your most overrated team going into this year? Either way I think the Rams are one of the most underrated teams of this year and will be back just like 1999 and those that aren't paying attention to that will be left in the dust. GO RAMS!

Atlas is offline Registered User
    Bristol Tennessee, but I wish I were in Germany.
    You hit the nail on the head with the Ravens. I think it'll be the Rams and the Titans this year. Very little dought.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious."

{Vince Lombardi}

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    I'm going out on a limb and say the two most overrated teams in the NFC are the Saints and the Giants.Both these teams are going to have to prove they are for real.In the AFC I think it's the Ravens(even though their stock has gone down since J.Lewis's injury.)and the Raiders.I just dont see that much in Oakland.Last year I thought the Titans were the best in the AFC and the same is true for this season.I believe the Titans need to improve their red-zone offensive strike though.Last year they settled for too many field goals.My Rams also need to work on red-zone opportunities and their defense.Both needs seem to have been addressed.Conwell is going to be a key in the red-zone and our defense is much improved.The Titans are hungry and the Rams are confident so I can honestly say a Rams/Titans superbowl is a realistic prediction.

GO RAMS!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

As I have stated in a previous post its Rams v Titans in this coming superbowl and here is a transcript of the outcome

Excuse the broad Scots accent

The ClanRam Warriors

As I cam in by Baton Rouge
    Just a wee bit fac New Orleans
    Tae the Superdome I was bound
    Tae view the Field O Superbowl
    I met a man in tartan trews
    Spiered at him “What was the news?”
    Quo he “The ClanRam army rues
    That e’er we come tae Superbowl

We were in bar sir every man
    When the Titan host upon us come
    A bloody battle then began
    Upon the Field O Superbowl
    The Titan horse they were so rude
    They bathed their hooves in ClanRam blood
    But oor brave clans so boldly stood

But alas we could no longer stay
    And o’er the hills we come away
    Sair we did lament the day
    That e’er we come tae Superdome
    Thus the great RamDez did say
    ClanRam man show me the way
    I will o’er the hills this day
    To view the Field O Superbowl

They were at dinner every man
    When great RamDez upon them come
    A second battle then begun
    The Bruce , Warner and Faulk
    As RamDez they did espy
    Then they fought most valiantly

The Defense they returned again
    That Offense did their standards join
    Martz played a bloody game
    The O Line boldly did advance
    The ClanRam fought wi sword and lance
    The Defense they made heids tae dance

Then the loyal ClanRam wi RamDez
    So boldly set upon their foes
    Laid them low wi ClanRam blows
    Laid them low on Superdome
    Of twenty thousand Titans men
    A thousand fled tae Tennessee
    The rest O them lie on the plain
    There on the Field O Superbowl.

I wont bother with the score as I dont want to totally spoil it for you

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Very good eloquence Dez. Most overrated team: I still say Tampa Bay. The D is not really that outstanding anymore, we proved that last year, as did Minnesota. Speed kills that team. Dunn won't last the whole season, and neither will B. Johnson. Rumblings are coming from the D side of the ball that sounded like the Rams last year. Not saying they will tank like we did, I just don't think it is the same cozy atmosphere at One Buc Plaza.

AFC side, the Chargers. Some folks have them going to the playoffs already, they still were 1-15 last year. Flutie had Moulds to throw to in Buffalo, he will have to rely on Jeff Graham and a rookie RB.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Dez

will you tell the readers that you have perhaps adapted somebody elses work or will I?

But it is v good

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I agree that the Chargers are overrated in the AFC but I don't think they are the most overrated in that conference. I think the Ravens get the edge for that role. GO RAMS!

Originally posted by DODRAM
    Dez

will you tell the readers that you have perhaps adapted somebody elses work or will I?

But it is v good
    Now Dod, as if the Corries never adapted anything in their lives

I am looking for someone to get that on tape for me George, any ideas ???

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    A team I still keep hearing a lot about but not really sure why is the Vikings. They have a potent air attack, but with Robert Smith gone the running game is unproven. And I have always thought their defense was weak, but they did make it to the NFC Championship Game last year, and the Vikings of all teams have the best record in the last 5 years of anyone in the league. However, I will go on record for this year that they are overrated, and won't make the playoffs.

I agree with you there George, It has always amazed me that they did so well last year

Thumbs up

Yes the Vikings were one of the teams I mentioned when I started this thread and I agree with both of you. They are very much overrated and when you have a greedy player such as Randy Moss, a weak defense, and some people will disagree with this statement but an overrated qb in Culpepper you won't be so lucky every year. I think the Vikings will choke again this year. GO RAMS!

Wink

I also have to agree that the Vikings are overrated.Even if they make the playoffs they will choke as usual.There is another team in the NFC I think is overrated,but I'll wait until after sundays game to say that the Eagles are.OOOPS.

(I know I shouldnt be calling the Eagles overrated before we play them,but they just dont strike me as SB contenders.)

GO RAMS!
    Last edited by Aries51; -09-04-2001 at 11:05 PM.

I will agree with you that the Eagles are a tad overrated, but I do think their weapons are a little more of a serious threat to oppenents then the Vikings weapons. And if Mcnabb is underestimated he can be dangerous. I think in Minnesota you know what to expect with Culpepper so you just try and defend his playing style, Mcnabb is somewhat more unpredictable. Good point though.

Oh,I agree Warnerfan78.The Eagles are a good team and The Rams will have quite a battle on their hands at the Vet Sunday,but I have a hard time seeing The Eagles in the NFC title game;They seem to struggle most within their own division.

GO RAMS!

I don't see them going that far either. I think they will be equal to last year and maybe as far as the divisional playoffs but thats it. I think the Rams will handle them this weekend but I think allot of other teams will underestimate them and go down.