txramsfan is offline Registered User

My early NFC West predictions

1. The whiners. I hate to say this, it kills me, and I'd rather go to the dentist and request to have a tooth pulled without novocaine but in reality, this team is finally set up to win again. Smith has developed under Norm Turner to take off as a solid QB, they have a very good running game and they really improved their D in the offseason.

2. Seahawks. They are starting to get somewhat long in the tooth at their core players, but Hassleback and company have enough fire power to score and the defense is good enough to hold off most of the NFL.

3. Rams. We have what could be the best offense in the NFL, but this defense right now couldn't stop Dallas Southlake Carroll much less any team in the NFL.

4. Cardinals...Perrenial losers and too much turmoil.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: My early NFC West predictions

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    1. The whiners. I hate to say this, it kills me, and I'd rather go to the dentist and request to have a tooth pulled without novocaine but in reality, this team is finally set up to win again. Smith has developed under Norm Turner to take off as a solid QB, they have a very good running game and they really improved their D in the offseason.

2. Seahawks. They are starting to get somewhat long in the tooth at their core players, but Hassleback and company have enough fire power to score and the defense is good enough to hold off most of the NFL.

3. Rams. We have what could be the best offense in the NFL, but this defense right now couldn't stop Dallas Southlake Carroll much less any team in the NFL.

4. Cardinals...Perrenial losers and too much turmoil.
    1. RAMS (Awesome offense & Middle of the road defense will be enough)
    2. Whiners ( still not sold on Smith)
    3. Cardinals ( O-line issues)
    4. Seahawks ( aging)

Yeah, That's more like it.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

I came up with these prior to FA, but didn't post them because it's waaaay early. But since this thread is here, why not? I don't have any real reason for my choices, it's just how I see the natural progression of things.

1. Niners 11-5, 3-3 division
    2. Rams 10-6, 4-2 division (sweep Seahawks)
    3. Seahawks 9-7, 3-3 division (sweep Cardinals)
    4. Cardinals 7-9, 2-4 division

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

maltz88 is offline Registered User

The Seahawks are aging? They have the youngest defense in the division.

The Rams are the oldest team in the division on both sides of the ball.

Teams average age on offense:
    Rams 29.18
    Seattle 28.7
    Cards 27

Teams average age on defense:
    Rams 28.64
    Cards 28.45
    Seattle 27.2

Not that it matters, and this doesn't account for any starters that teams will pick up in the draft. But just in response to the Ram fans calling the Sehawks old. :notworking:

Keenum is offline Registered User

I think the whole NFC West is improving this year. The Seahawks may have stayed the same or gotten a little worse, can't tell yet.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Wow, this is a bit early to even entertain, but what the heck...

Last year's division winner won the division on two last-minute field goals... Can they repeat that feat? Based on what they have, and what they've done. ...maybe.

The Rams. Offense WILL be the best in the division. Defense will be the big IF. Again. Another race between us and the Hawks, with breaks going either way decide the winner amoungst the two.

The ******. I hate this. Believe me, I hate this. But they're getting close. They're making a lot of really good moves. They're young, hungry and will be a problem next year. Expect them to compete for number 1 in the division.

The Tards. Well, they're the Tards. Always have been, always will be..... But seriously, the change in head-coach may help, because they DO have some talent. But will they EVER put it together? ...I doubt it.

The deciding factor will be....

Who does well in the draft and free agency.
    Who gets through the year with the fewest, impact player injuries.
    Who gets the bounces and wins that game that makes the difference?

Know this, and know the winner of the NFC West.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Why is everybody on the ***** bandwagon? Becase they signed Nate Clements? Has Schneider taught you guys anything? You cannot rebuild through FA, only through the Draft. I'm not ready to give them the division yet, although Gore is a stud and Nolan is one of the best coaches in the league. My early predictions:

Seahawks: 10-6
    Old, but still the best. This is thier last year on top.

Rams: 9-7
    We have made some improvements.....ON OFFENSE. More will needed to be done to restructure the D in order for the Rams to pull out in front. But we are close.

*****: 8-8
    Not sold on Alex Smith. Hopefully the Whiners will learn that you cannot buy a great team (ie. Clements)

Cards: 8-8
    There is no way even the Tards can stiffle the amount of talent on that team. They turn the corner in 07.

As you can see from my predictions, I think we are in for an abslolute DOGFIGHT next year in the division.

funk_doc is offline Registered User

man this division is up for grabs...really. the seahawks i believe might go downhill this year. the tards...well i don't know about them. i think it might be between the rams and my niners. the rams' offense seems powerful right now but the defense doesn't scare opponents. a good draft can change that. if u guys get a good DT, ur D will be better. the linebacker corps can use some improving and the secondary seems pretty good with brown and hill back there. the niners, well the defense seems better . i know that clements isn't gonna turn the D around overnight, but if the niners can draft a good DE in the draft, i think our D will be solid. now the offense i know doesn't scare opponents, except for frank gore. now that teams know about gore and have more film on him, they will learn how to stop him. i hope the niners can get a good receiver in the draft to improve the offense just a bit. Vernon davis has to step it up. so i'm gonna say the division will go to either of our teams. btw to the people that are saying that we our front office is like dan snyder and trying to build through FA, it was just one big signing. well i guess if u count the guaranteed money to michael lewis it's two, but at least we don't lose the draft picks like the foreskins. remember, i believe we have like 8 picks in the draft on the first day alone.
    well rams fans...i can't wait for the season to begin. i'm not gonna be a hater so i wish ur team the best this offseason and an injury free one too. hopefully our division will be out of the gutter and may our teams play the way they did during our last meeting. good luck and may we have some good football conversations this offseason and during the season.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

With the exception of the Cards, any team could win this division. It's going to come down to injuries, plain and simple. We can predict whatever we like at this point, but I guarantee the rosters we look at today will look very dissimilar to the rosters that finish the season.

The Rams, the Hawks, the whiners......whoever stays healthy wins the division.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I was just trying to have fun....I know it's early.

Let's see.....parking lot spaces....