Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

My final words on Vick: "Shut up, Mike."

I don't care if he says he's sorry. I don't care if he claims to have learned his lesson. I don't want to hear that he now understands that dogfighting is wrong.

The only thing he's sorry about is that he got caught. He has not had any revelation. He does not understand why he was wrong. He is only aware that he has failed to get away with it.

Shut up, Mike. I don't want to hear another word.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: My final words on Vick: "Shut up, Mike."

Amazing how people 'find Jesus' when it is convenient for them to do so.

Maybe God allowed Vick to be brought the point where he finally realized he wasn't in control as much as he thought, maybe Vick is using it as a ploy.

Not by words but by deeds... I guess we will see.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post

Maybe God allowed Vick to be brought the point where he finally realized he wasn't in control as much as he thought, maybe Vick is using it as a ploy.

it is very easy to say i found Jesus and by saying that you get a large group of people off your back,but your right he will be judged on what he does from this point and not by what he says,if this experience has helped his faith and make him a better man than more power to him, but don't talk about it,do it.

viper is offline Registered User

I have to agree, Av. He's only sorry that he got caught and now he's espousing the rhetoric that you'd expect someone in his position to spew. I have no sympathy for him.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Vick's statement was obviously an obligatory directive from his handlers in order to start the damage repair campaign. Of course it's nothing but lip service. Vick finding religion and completely changing his bad citizen ways in a few short weeks is absolutely rediculous. As others have noted, actions speak louder than words.

suhpr3me is offline Registered User

It might be all bogus, but come on guys, what else is he supposed to say? "No, dogfighting is okay im just mad because i got caught but i really am not sorry." Of course he we will apologize to the public in a appropriate manner, its the most civilized thing to do. What else is he supposed to say?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    It might be all bogus, but come on guys, what else is he supposed to say? "No, dogfighting is okay im just mad because i got caught but i really am not sorry." Of course he we will apologize to the public in a appropriate manner, its the most civilized thing to do. What else is he supposed to say?
    How about fielding some questions? Oh no, he might get tripped up, no script.:x

Quote Originally Posted by suhpr3me View Post
    Of course he we will apologize to the public in a appropriate manner, its the most civilized thing to do. What else is he supposed to say?
    How about something like, "I've got some soul searching to do and need time to reflect on what I've done in order to work toward redemption. It will be a painful process and I hope people will give me a chance to prove by my actions that I can change."

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    How about something like, "I've got some soul searching to do and need time to reflect on what I've done in order to work toward redemption. It will be a painful process and I hope people will give me a chance to prove by my actions that I can change."
    That's good stuff, mike. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you e-mailed that to him for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    That's good stuff, mike. I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you e-mailed that to him for future use.
    Oops, too late!

helorm341 is offline Registered User

The apology isn't what's bad to me, it's the timing of it. He should have done this months ago and saved himself (and all of us) the media circus. Although the finding Jesus part of it is laughable.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post

And people wonder why I am not religious...No offense, but people like Vick have corrupted religion in so many ways. He's not the only one, its been going on for hundreds of years. Religion becomes more and more corrupt and it saddens me for the people that truly do take it to heart. Most people who get offended by others that make fun of their religion or whatever the case may be, they are usually the people that don't follow their religion and are such hypocrits to it. I have a friend who goes to church everyday, and he claims its for mostly sinning and I asked, well why do you do it in the first place? He said because he can be forgiven...Now to me, I think that is a slap in God's face and is basically saying well I can do whatever I want as long as I believe in you, Jesus. As long as I go to church and wear a cross, I'll be OK. I can go drink even though I'm underrage, its OK now. Things like that irritate me so much, if you knew you were doing something wrong and you truly loved God, you would ask for forgiveness and never do it again. I just find anything like this to be truly disturbing, that people think they can just get away with whatever they do because they believe in a certain God. There are so many things I don't know about religion, and obviously there are some GREAT things and some BAD things, depending on how people use it. But that is the whole thing I guess, using a religion, rather than following it. People don't worship anymore, they just use their religion to get out of situations and that bothers me so much. I think it is a disrespect to fellow followers of the religion and to God itself. People abuse religion, and that is the problem with it nowadays and (there's more to it, obviously there's a long story behind it with my parents and whatnot) that is why I'm so turned off by religion and why I'm so disgusted with Vick saying he's a man of God now. NOW he is religious, wow Michael, excellent timing.

P.S. I hope I haven't offended anyone in what I said, it is just experiences I've had with religion(s). Like I said, there are some people that actually do love their God and keep it to themselves. For those people out there, good for you because not many people can truly say they're religious anymore.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

keith m. klink Guest

if you truely look deep inside you , you are all religious is some way , it's to which extent of it . churchs have become so corrupt by the people that run it and also by who goes , they let the corruption happen . it has become a corporate money -maker . go throw the bible just for a brief time , they don't ask for money , they ask you to have faith in a power that is so great it is redeeming . ST THOMAS wrote in his transscripts ( which the church will not acknowledge because it would be the churchs downfall ) ANYWHERE , ANYWHERE THAT TWO OR MORE PEOPLE PRAY IN THE NAME OF THE LORD IS A CHURCH . that could be your backyard , a park bench , a campsite , or your dinner table . religion is the belief that something bigger than you is in you and other people need to know this and share this . it is about kindness to a strainger , to love and help a person or an animal in need for their good and yours . to build a moral foundation for yourself and uphold it so others can see the strength of you and your convictions. today is 8-30-07 , yesterday while out with my wife , we stopped at a market , in the parking lot was a young dog , ripping through a dumpster for anything to eat . he was so very very thin , starving , eating greasy brown paper bags for food . he had a collar and tags , but you could tell he was scared , lonely , and starving , we stopped , i gave him my bottled water , and some pizza from our lunch . but he would not come near because of fright . i used a phone book and called 4- dfferant town and county offices to find a way to help this lost guy . using 20 minutes of my cell phone minutes and an hour out of my busy day. because it's a living , innocent creature that needs someone's help , where countless others look as they go by, someone had to help . later that night after being home for a while , there was a knock on my door , a middle aged man was standing at my door , as i answered , he said i'm not trying to sell anything , and i don't want anything , can i just give you this cd . a reading from the gospel of JOHN . i said sure . i asked him onto our porch, as it was , just about two doors up at the top of our street , someone took a old pawnshop ( always great to have about 10 in your neighborhood , they bring in great people ya know ) an turned it into a comunity church and fellowship center . with about a 12-15 person following . we had talked for awhile he myself and my wife later on . we told him of the terribly difficult last 4-years , and his many setbacks as a teacher , husband, father , and a pastor of his small church . we gave him a drink , talked for about 2- hours , you see ,he was just out trying to tell people in the neighborhood that up the street is a place to talk to people , to share some hardships and joy's with others , we were the first house , and he left when it was dark , and i apologised for keeping him so long on what was supose to be a small task for him, and he asked me if he could say a prayer for me and my wife . we talked some more and he was on his way. this is faith , when noone would help a starving little dog , i felt like no matter what else needed to be done , this was my priority , and in return , someone came to my door to say a prayer for me , he didn;t try to get me to join a group or church or anything , he just wanted to let people know , that someone is here to help , if your starving , lonely . someone is willing to help , even if they are not asked . that is faith , religion , the morals of an ever shrinking society of human kindness . when i heard about this michael vick thing , it made me want to vomit , to force innocent unknowing animals to fight to the death , or sometimes close to death , and then just kill and discard them as a sport, enraged me so much . since i was 9-years old , i raised and breeded golden retreivers , some of the best bloodlines in this state , for people to enjoy as a part of their family . if any of you have had an animal as part of your family for 8-10-12 years or more , you know that when they are passed away or die somehow , just how devistating that can be to a family , now think of these people making your dog fight until almost dead , the yelping , screaming , and carnaige of a pet killing another pet , and then discarded like toilet paper , for the pleasure of some peice of garbage man . MIKE VICK , and his many friends and supporters are the scum of this society , and by saying that he found religion , is just another of his many immoral lies to society to get him out of another dirty mess that he takes pleasure in being apart of .

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

In regards to Vick (I'm beyond listening to a typical cliche' of one facing incarceration), have any of you seen a dogfight before?

I regrettably have. It was a hard thing to watch, being a dog lover. Why did I go you might ask. Well, I was curious. The same way that rubberneckers try to catch a glimpse of a mangled car wreck. Though, I do not condone this it is part of a culture. The same way that Cock fighting is in Latin/Asian countries.

These animals are not showed love or compassion. They are raised for a single purpose. Kinda like farm animals. If this truely bothers you it's because you are more than likely relating this to Fido or Rover. This is not the case. I'm not a fan, just playing devils advocate. These animals are bred for a single purpose...to kill.

I've heard that pigs are smarter than dogs. But, we raise pigs for a purpose, bacon. Heck, when I was a kid we had a pig named Pork chop and cow named Ribeye. I have friends that have pits as family pets and their great. But, everybody I know that does own one is aware of the animals capability. No matter how loving it may be it still has the potential and instinct to kill. Say what you may, but the statistics support what I'm saying. I guess that is why you often hear pit names like Killer. Because they are what they are.

I hope that I have not offended anyone and I do not support dogfighting. I just don't like one sided battles. Especially, when everyone just echos each others words because they cannot come up with their own opinions. Which incidently is IMO a tragic breeding ground for sheep. Now that is ironic.

Why didn't they diagnoise ADD when I was a kid?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Hey BadMo,

When this story first broke I told the Warden that dogfighting was probably a cultural thing much as cockfighting. That does not make it right, just helps to explain why it exists.

Cultural has nothing to do with ethnicity, but rather more like a way of life..
    denoting or deriving from or distinctive of the ways of living built up by a group of people

Depsite the arguments of whether it is or is not morally reprehensible the fact is that it is illegal in and of itself and the matter was compounded by the gambling aspect (also illegal) further compounded when the enterprise crossed state lines.

I fully understand that these (or MOST of these) dogs were raised for the sole purpose of fighting much as cattle are raised for slaughter. Cattle however are slaughtered without subjecting them to a mauling first. That and the fact that those deemed unfit for battle were killed by vrious means not worth repeating.

Mike Vick was the envy of hundreds or thousands of fans. He had the money, the fame, the lifestyle afforded to a very small percentage of the country and he basically threw it away. I personally would not be sad if he never played another down in the NFL, and I daresay he will barely be missed by anyone other than Falcons fans. Possibly not even by them if the team shows any improvement.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast