psycho9985 is offline Registered User

new primetime line ups

Can Madden deal with Mike Patrick?And can Al Michaels deal with Joe Theisman. I dont think I could.Sparks may fly

Michaels stays with Monday Night Football

NFL.com wire reports NEW YORK (July 26, 2005) -- Al Michaels is staying with Monday Night Football when it moves from ABC to ESPN for the 2006 NFL season, parting with John Madden after four seasons in the booth together.

Michaels has been the play-by-play man on Monday Night Football since 1986, the last three with Madden as analyst. After this season, Madden is moving to NBC, which is taking over the Sunday night time slot in 2006 for what the NFL considers its main primetime package.

"I feel like I'm a creature of Monday night. I'm home and I'm staying home," said Michaels, who had been heavily pursued by NBC, but said he wanted to stay where he has worked for 29 years -- ABC and ESPN are both owned by the Disney Co.

"The three words 'Monday Night Football' resonate like no other," he said during a news conference to announce the lineup.

Michaels will be joined in the booth by Joe Theismann, who had teamed with play-by-play man Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire on ABC's Sunday night games.

Michelle Tafoya and Suzy Kolber will be the sideline reporters.

ESPN vice president Mark Shapiro said Maguire and Patrick are both expected to stay with ESPN. He said Maguire will be part of a two-hour Monday night pregame show to be hosted by Chris Berman, who has hosted the network's Sunday night "NFL Primetime."

NBC, which had been without NFL football since losing its contract to CBS in 1997, announced that Bob Costas will host its Sunday night pregame show.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: new primetime line ups

The thought of Theisman loose on a broadcast with no Paul Maguire to keep him in check is disturbing.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Michaels will be joined in the booth by Joe Theismann
    Well, it's official...MNF is dead! Apparently ABC can't watch their pet suffer any longer so they loaded their gun with a Theismann bullett and shot it in the head. R.I.P. Monday Night Football.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

KurtWarner2005MVP is offline Registered User

Theismann with no Maguire is not a good thing.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by KurtWarner2005MVP
    Theismann with no Maguire is not a good thing.
    Man, ain't it the truth! Theismann needs to be an analyst for Arena II League or something.

Hey, KW, I've been meaning to ask you... where's the better KC bar-b-q, Shermer's or K.C. Smoke downtown? I've met people from there who say it's either one or the other, which one do you like better? I've got to take a day trip up there, and would like an insider opinion on this. Don't want to miss my opportunity at the KC delicacy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Are you ready for some football?.....A Sunday night party. Or will Hank jr. moved to ESPN.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild