Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: NFL implements new fan code of conduct for 2008 season

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Nowhere did they say loud cheering and standing isn't allowed....it's the drunk a-holes that pick fights and shout curses at everybody during the entire game that it seems they are trying to get rid of, and I'm all for that. I think they are trying to make the environment more family friendly, and some stadiums are far from it.
    I think they are already taking care of these people in most places. You do see certain fans get ejected from the games already. So what exactly is the new fan code of conduct going to change?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    What's a "sensible manner"? How is that decided? Is dropping an f-bomb in frustration sensible? Is it worthy of being ejected? Is yelling "Take that you whiner!! " to an opposing fan harrassment? The new code of conduct is well meaning, but it's pretty ambiguous and open to lots of problems IMO.
    Ah hell, just do the mom test. Ask yourself, "What would my mom think if she saw/heard me do/say that?" If you'd be ashamed to face her, then you probably shouldn't do it. I know, it not concrete enough for everyone, but if everyone just supported their team instead of dissing the opponent or fans of the opponent, these rules wouldn't be needed in order to have a good time at the game.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

There's nothing wrong with smack talk with the opposing fans. I'm sure most of us have been on both sides of it. However there's no need of the vulgar direct or indirect attacks that I've seen and heard at games. Smack can be fun.

As it stands right now I would never ever take my 2 daughters to a game. They are 10 and 12 years old. They would love to go to a game it's just not the sensible thing to do from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with smack talk with the opposing fans. I'm sure most of us have been on both sides of it. However there's no need of the vulgar direct or indirect attacks that I've seen and heard at games. Smack can be fun.

As it stands right now I would never ever take my 2 daughters to a game. They are 10 and 12 years old. They would love to go to a game it's just not the sensible thing to do from my perspective.
    And isn't that sad.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    And isn't that sad.
    In a sense it is. Football is a passionate sport that stirs emotions, both good and bad. There's just no way of getting around that fact. For better or worse, the culture is not conducive to a G rating no matter how hard the NFL or anyone else thinks it should be, especially when the example is being set on the field and there are opposing fans intermingled in the stands.

In a sense it is. Football is a passionate sport that stirs emotions, both good and bad. There's just no way of getting around that fact. For better or worse, the culture is not conducive to a G rating no matter how hard the NFL or anyone else thinks it should be, especially when the example is being set on the field and there are opposing fans intermingled in the stands.
    Well, you know things have changed a whole bunch in my lifetime. Younger fans seem to accept things the way they are today. But I remember attending Rams games in LA with my dad and uncle and I was 8, 9, 10. I don't recall the rowdyism that goes on today. We all cheered for the home team and everyone had a good time without all the confrontation between fans, players, etc.

I guess I sound like an old fart because I am catching myself saying the same things old farts said when I was young. But I can't help but pine for the simpler times of my youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    Well, you know things have changed a whole bunch in my lifetime. Younger fans seem to accept things the way they are today. But I remember attending Rams games in LA with my dad and uncle and I was 8, 9, 10. I don't recall the rowdyism that goes on today. We all cheered for the home team and everyone had a good time without all the confrontation between fans, players, etc.

I guess I sound like an old fart because I am catching myself saying the same things old farts said when I was young. But I can't help but pine for the simpler times of my youth.
    I hear you Chris. I've got a big mouth and I miss the days when I could talk smack with opposing fans and it was all in good fun. Things are so much more confrontational these days, on the field and off. It's gotten to the point at Monster and University of Phoenix where I have to get seats at the top of a section so my back is against the wall and I can avoid flying debris. Good thing I'll be surrounded by some big dudes in the cozy confines, er confines of the EJD when we get together for the Bash game against the Gnats.

I hear you Chris. I've got a big mouth and I miss the days when I could talk smack with opposing fans and it was all in good fun. Things are so much more confrontational these days, on the field and off. It's gotten to the point at Monster and University of Phoenix where I have to get seats at the top of a section so my back is against the wall and I can avoid flying debris.
    Who are you kidding you're going for the cheaper seats.

Who are you kidding you're going for the cheaper seats.
    Funny how that works out, huh?

By the way, you're one of the "big dudes" I'll be counting on to deter flying Gnat objects as well as flying Gnat fists!

By the way, you're one of the "big dudes" I'll be counting on to deter flying Gnat objects as well as flying Gnat fists!
    Sounds like you're in good hands. Hope you don't need'em.

HornyRam is offline Registered User

What's a "sensible manner"? How is that decided? Is dropping an f-bomb in frustration sensible? Is it worthy of being ejected? Is yelling "Take that you whiner!! " to an opposing fan harrassment? The new code of conduct is well meaning, but it's pretty ambiguous and open to lots of problems IMO.
    I think you are old enough to know the answer to your first question. Beyond that, I do not have the answers to your other very good questions. If you want to know how close you can get to the line without crossing it, perhaps the stadium you plan to attend can give you the finer details you seek.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Why can't you bring them laram0? I have been to plenty of games with kids that are younger than that. What is the problem? Are you afraid that they will see people being ugly or are you afraid for their safety?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HornyRam View Post
    If you want to know how close you can get to the line without crossing it, perhaps the stadium you plan to attend can give you the finer details you seek.
    That would be the Edward Jones Dome. I'm not going to ask, but I will do a little line approaching to test the waters. Gnats fans beware!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Note to elementary gym teachers, community center coaches, etc...

Not everybody wins!!

Part of the problem lies in that mentality. When you don't know how to handle adversity and/or loss, you lash out, plain and simple. When schools and communities get a grip and stop being over-sensitive, things will change, and the National Football League wouldn't have to change to the National Fairy League. That's the road they are going down in my book.

Heckling is an integral part of the stadium experience, Mr. Goodell, and this rule disrupts that.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

I'm always up for a wrestling or whatever match.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast