Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Ram Dragoon's Avatar
    Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,293
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: NFL Live Trent Dilfer comments.

    Does anyone even listen to Trent Dilfer?

    Does anyone ever take him serious?

    Who thinks he is an expert?

    What mister first ballet Hall of Fame, Dilfer, himself knows what it takes to be an elite QB....?


    If there was a list made of the top 10 QBs who made it to the Superbowl who where total duds, I wager he takes the number one spot. And just for the record, why is he nolonger playing the game himself? Oh thats right--no one wants him, including the Raiders--now thats sad


  2. #17
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,649
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: NFL PrimeTime Trent Dilfer comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This should tell you how Cutler is percieved by those in the football world. He is not respected. The only players I have heard back him up are his former Vandy teammates. None of his current teammates or any other NFL player has had one good thing to say about him as far as I know. I think he's making his future difficult, and he's not a tough guy.
    Pffft, Philip Rivers loves Cutler.

    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE


  3. #18
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,520
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: NFL PrimeTime Trent Dilfer comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Pffft, Philip Rivers loves Cutler.

    Loves to drive him to nervous breakdowns on the sidelines.

  4. #19
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,531
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: NFL Live Trent Dilfer comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Football is a team sport.
    It didn't appear to be a team sport when you suggested the Broncos achieved what they did in 2008 because Cutler pretty much carried them on his shoulders. Why is football a team sport only when things go wrong?

  5. #20
    A-Web's Avatar
    A-Web is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: NFL Live Trent Dilfer comments.

    So we're spouting off about "experts" (Former players) critisizing players who may eventually be better than them because they weren't that great?

    So, isn't it mildly hipocritical because I am sure those ex-pro football players are better at what they did than you would be. And they happen to be more knowledgeable in that position than you. Besides the fact that Cutler is a quarterback who will try to take a game into his own hands when he doesn't need to, and force a bad pass here and there (gunslinger), I would say that he was right in his summary. This isn't about his old career, he is in a casting career now where he analyzes. To judge his performance on that based on his on the field play in another job is quite unfair.

    Was he a great QB, no. But I'm sure he knows what he's talking about in terms of necessary skills. Everyone has stated that Cutler makes judgement mistakes, and that that is the one area he could most improve in.

    But, that's for him to figure out.
    Last edited by A-Web; -04-11-2009 at 08:49 AM.

  6. #21
    jmk321's Avatar
    jmk321 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    albany
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: NFL Live Trent Dilfer comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It didn't appear to be a team sport when you suggested the Broncos achieved what they did in 2008 because Cutler pretty much carried them on his shoulders. Why is football a team sport only when things go wrong?
    Because Jay Cutler did his part in helping the team win. If Cutler didn't throw for 300 yards in a game last season then the Broncos didn't have much of a chance in winning. Cutler was not the problem for the Broncos, their defense was. It is hard to win no matter who is quarterback if your defense is one of the worst in the league.

  7. #22
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,520
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: NFL Live Trent Dilfer comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    So we're spouting off about "experts" (Former players) critisizing players who may eventually be better than them because they weren't that great?

    So, isn't it mildly hipocritical because I am sure those ex-pro football players are better at what they did than you would be. And they happen to be more knowledgeable in that position than you. Besides the fact that Cutler is a quarterback who will try to take a game into his own hands when he doesn't need to, and force a bad pass here and there (gunslinger), I would say that he was right in his summary. This isn't about his old career, he is in a casting career now where he analyses. To judge his performance on that based on his on the field play in another job is quite unfair.

    Was he a great QB, no. But I'm sure he knows what he's talking about in terms of necessary skills. Everyone has stated that Cutler makes judgement mistakes, and that that is the one area he could most improve in.

    But, that's for him to figure out.
    Spot on post. How good Dilfer was or wasn't has nothing to do with how he evaluates players. After 13 years in the NFL and being pretty well respected along the way, I'd say he probably knows a thing or two. And for the record, besides leading a team to a Super Bowl victory, he did have his career moments and even managed to make the Pro Bowl, with Tampa no less.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Because Jay Cutler did his part in helping the team win. If Cutler didn't throw for 300 yards in a game last season then the Broncos didn't have much of a chance in winning. Cutler was not the problem for the Broncos, their defense was. It is hard to win no matter who is quarterback if your defense is one of the worst in the league.
    No doubt that the defense was a major detriment for the Broncos, but I still can't get around Cutlers performance in the last three games of the season when push came to shove in the fight for the division title.

  8. #23
    A-Web's Avatar
    A-Web is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: NFL Live Trent Dilfer comments.

    As much as everyone comes down on the defense, no one seems to put any weight on the running game of the Broncos. 9 running backs, 8 that hit the injured list in the season, were used last season. That is easily one of the biggest problems within that organization, at least last season. As for Cutler and "doing his part," that could have been easily called forcing it with no other options, and getting lucky.

    If you are in a fight with a guy who is a better fighter, and is twice your size, and there is no escape, you are going to take a swing or two at him to try and save your life. Chances are, if he is the better fighter, you're dead anyways. But, since you threw a couple swings, there's a chance you could catch him good one time and put him out. Not saying that is what happened here, but you can't say it didn't. If you have no option but to throw the ball, you are going to get yards.

  9. #24
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: NFL Live Trent Dilfer comments.

    No doubt that the defense was a major detriment for the Broncos, but I still can't get around Cutlers performance in the last three games of the season when push came to shove in the fight for the division title.
    I see your point mike but was that totally him though? As Rams fans we see when a team can't run the ball what the defense can do to disrupt the QB. The Broncos had Joe the Plumber (not Jake Plummer) rnning the ball at the end of the year due to injuries. I'm not taking up for Cutler because I didn't see the Broncos play at the end of the year but I'm just curious if a lack of a running game had anything to do with his performance.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Gordo Live, August 18
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-19-2008, 07:46 AM
  2. J. Thomas Live, 12-27
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  3. Jim Thomas Live: 12/11/07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
  4. faulks comments on trent greens knee injury
    By general counsel in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -03-27-2007, 07:05 PM
  5. Niners Acquire Qb Dilfer From Browns
    By RamsFan16 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -05-08-2006, 05:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •