Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: NFL No Fun League

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Although I think the celebrations have become so stupid it's embarassing (changing diapers, burping babies)
    Ya those were some bad celebrations but i guess Shaun Alexander came up with them. So will CJ still be able to use the pylon as a putter?

Truth is offline Registered User

Teams have been penalized before for excessive celebration. It hasn't stopped it from happening. I'll tell you what, It's not going to stop it unless the penalty is much more severe (Not that I think it should be). The only way they'll get the teams to police this themselves is by penalizing the offending team with loss of the score that caused the offending celebration and possiblyloss of down or possession as well. But, let's face it. They're not really that serious about it. They know the fans enjoy it. Time to move on.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Man!! I don't know why they care. Prehaps it's just my little modest knek of the woods, but everyone friends and family were excited last year to watch the bengals to see what Chad would do. I think all they really need to do is take away the score if the play is directed at a person or i.e. TO spiking the dallas star if it is defiant or condesending flag em if it's fun for the fans maybe prehaps the nfl should remember the fans give them there jobs.. Damn rich old men !!!!!!!!!!!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtiger
    TO spiking the dallas star if it is defiant or condesending flag em
    That should be the proverbial "line not to cross". Period.

On a side note, if I am on the field getting my brains bashed out in order to put points on the board, I would wanna celebrate my success/survival as well. How many of these geezers actually played? Do they TRULY realize how much blood, sweat, and tears goes into the game and how hard they fight to get into the endzone? Ridiculous. Let them celebrate.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    That should be the proverbial "line not to cross". Period.
    Hey, while I thought it was disrespectful, I loved it. Loved it more when he got plowed for doing it...

You don't want the other team to celebrate? Don't let them score...
    This space for rent...

Rambos is offline Registered User

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:03:12 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports NFL teams voted Wednesday, March 29, to adopt several rules changes, including restrictions on touchdown celebrations and to protect quarterbacks to low hits. The teams voted to approve a rule to disallow touchdown celebrations by using the ground, ball or any other artificial props in the celebration. Officials will also be allowed to call a penalty if a defensive player can avoid a low hit on a quarterback, but does not so. New rules also included reviews on instant replays have been cut from 90 seconds to 60 seconds, as well as a rule to protect long snappers from injury on extra points and field goals. Proposals to allow wide receivers to flinch with penalty and equip one defensive player's helmet with an electronic communicator were not approved.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

wow kinda crappy rules Long snapper one is good but end zone dances is a disappointment and I was kinda looking forward to the D head mic it's only fair it goes both ways I think...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12