Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

NFL reinstates Pacman, Jones finds out while eating @ Hooters

Adam Jones at Hooters
    12:32 PM Thu, Aug 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Just talked to Adam Jones who said he was excited about getting a second chance in the NFL after commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated him this afternoon.

Jones was at Hooters eating a chicken sandwich when he got off the phone with league and team officials regarding his suspension.

Of course the HBO Hard Knocks crew is in route to film everything.

Here's what Jones had to say about getting reinstated: "It feels good man, you know, to get a second chance and I just have to take advantage of it. First and foremost, I don't want to let myself down, definitely my little girl down. I'm thankful for Jerry, the fans in Dallas and my teammates for believing in me. I need to keep doing what I've been doing to get reinstated staying with myself and my teammates and staying away form those knuckleheads and just stay focused."

Did you think this day would come? "I never thought it would take this long but I'm just glad I'm getting another chance."

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: NFL reinstates Pacman, Jones finds out while eating @ Hooters

good P. R. for Hooters
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-29-2008 at 09:20 AM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I need to keep doing what I've been doing to get reinstated staying with myself and my teammates and staying away form those knuckleheads and just stay focused."
    Yeah, those knuckleheads will get you every time. Now that he's staying away from them, I'm sure all his problems will magically disappear and he'll become a model citizen.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yeah, those knuckleheads will get you every time. Now that he's staying away from them, I'm sure all his problems will magically disappear and he'll become a model citizen.
    In all seriousness though, I think a lot of the problems with young NFL players is that they can't separate themselves from the poor influences that they've known since childhood or high school. Look at the reports about Steven Jackson getting poor contractual advice from his sister.

Pacman actually came into my parents' business while he was a player here at WVU, and they had nothing but great things to say about him. He was very polite and said "sir/ma'am" while he was there. Not saying that Pacman is completely a victim of those around him, but I think it does have a pretty significant on behavior of NFL players.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    In all seriousness though, I think a lot of the problems with young NFL players is that they can't separate themselves from the poor influences that they've known since childhood or high school. Look at the reports about Steven Jackson getting poor contractual advice from his sister.

Pacman actually came into my parents' business while he was a player here at WVU, and they had nothing but great things to say about him. He was very polite and said "sir/ma'am" while he was there. Not saying that Pacman is completely a victim of those around him, but I think it does have a pretty significant on behavior of NFL players.
    This is true and we'll see if he follows through, but I have my doubts.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

very valid point Nick,a case of hanging with the wrong crowd ?