Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Question Re: NFL | To Schedule Two Monday Night Football Games?--Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I agree with all you guys that this is a lousy idea, however, i would point out that L Ron Hubbard has sold millions upon millions upon millions of books. I would not put him in a category with new coke. I am not endorsing L Ron, merely pointing out that from a marketing perspective, the guy is the Tom Clancy of the religious publishing game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    So who is L ron hubbard anyways? Is he related to mother hubbard?

Seriously, I remember when I first heard of him and his book advertised on tv years ago. I think the book was titled dianetics. It had already sold millions the moment I had heard of it. Instant turn-off if you ask me. There was no mention of who he was or what he stood for or what the book was about, rather, just buy the book because it will change your life. Just because some loud mouthed over-inflated commercial comes on the screen claiming to have the greatest book of all time, which has already sold millions, does not mean I'm going to fall in line and plunk down some cash for a book by a self pro-claimed guru. tom clancy? never heard of him and I still don't really know hubbard.

:confused:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: NFL | To Schedule Two Monday Night Football Games?--Interesting

Too freekin' funny!!

tom clancy? never heard of him
    Ferter, I'll bet you've seen the movies made from his books, "Patriot Games", "The Hunt For Red October", "Clear And Present Danger" to name a few.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: NFL | To Schedule Two Monday Night Football Games?--Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter

Seriously, I remember when I first heard of him and his book advertised on tv years ago. I think the book was titled dianetics. It had already sold millions the moment I had heard of it. Instant turn-off if you ask me. There was no mention of who he was or what he stood for or what the book was about, rather, just buy the book because it will change your life. Just because some loud mouthed over-inflated commercial comes on the screen claiming to have the greatest book of all time, which has already sold millions, does not mean I'm going to fall in line and plunk down some cash for a book by a self pro-claimed guru. tom clancy? never heard of him and I still don't really know hubbard.

:confused:
    Hubbard is this guy who wrote a few self-help books that were highly commercialized, then he comes up with his own religion, scientology. The kicker to this is the only people you heard of following the scientology phase were the hollywood types like, Tom Cruise, John Travolta & Kirstie Alley. It was popular with Hollywood until the newest fad religion, Kabahla, came along. And then the peak of the Hubbard dynasty was his movie, Battlefield Earth, starring his buddy, Travolta. When it came out about 7 years ago, it was deemed by some critics as the worst movie ever. I've seen it. They were right.

Now, to get back on track, 2 MNF games is a bad idea. Carry on.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Exclamation Re: NFL | To Schedule Two Monday Night Football Games?--Interesting

Now, to get back on track, 2 MNF games is a bad idea.
    Yes, it is a bad idea, but not as horrible as over taxation.

carry on.

:smile:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12