RamWraith is offline Registered User

NFL trouble on the horizon??

NFL | Owners may opt out of CBA
    Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:04:00 -0800

Mark Gaughan, of The Buffalo News, reports Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said every team is feeling the sting of the collective labor agreement they signed before the 2006 season, and the owners may decide to opt out of the CBA. "Cash is an issue in the National Football League. I think it's pretty common knowledge our last labor agreement is not our smartest move, and that we're way beyond, and I'm not talking about just the Denver Broncos, I'm talking about just the league in general . . . we being we collectively, 32 teams, can't live with this deal," Bowlen told the Rocky Mountain News.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: NFL trouble on the horizon??

Well, money has a tendency to screw up any good relationship.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, money has a tendency to screw up any good relationship.
    Ah yes. If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard that from an undercover female cop posing as a hooker.

Wait a minute....what.....did I say that out loud? delete, delete, delete.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Ah yes. If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard that from an undercover female cop posing as a hooker.

Wait a minute....what.....did I say that out loud? delete, delete, delete.

I'm sure glad you said undercover FEMALE cop as I was ready with a (allegedly) witty reply.

Although, on second thought, I am not sure why you felt the need to emphasize that....:x

Not to worry though, Hub, everything we read on this site is repeated only in the strictest confidence!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I suppose this really isn't too much of a surprise. It seems like every year we hear about how such-and-such is now the highest paid player in NFL history at his position. The Steve Hutchison deal seemed outrageous until two more guards got similar deals the next year. Adam Archuleta becomes the highest paid safety in NFL history. Then the next year the rookie LaRon Landry becomes the highest paid safety ever. As much as the cap keeps going up each year, it must be difficult to forecast what makes economic sense for the team, and it is undoubtedly eating into the ownership's share of the profits.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

economic sense??? those words just don't belong in the NFL. Salaries are growing way too fast for any sort of economic sense.

How can you jump back on topic when these guys are off in the land of undercover cops posing as hookers? That has to be more interesting to talk about than the NFL money problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keenum is offline Registered User

Those rookie contracts are killers. The NFL needs to look in to how the NBA does it. They already have the contracts set up for every pick in every round (they only have two, though). It obviously starts off high with the 1st pick, then gradually decreases. I'm not sure about the unsigned free agents contract details though.
    I just hope that if we lose the salary cap, some team won't become like the Patriots and start paying tons of money to all the best players. I mean, I guess it worked, without the cap, but those salaries are going to skyrocket even more without it.