gap
    gap is offline Registered User

NFLSunday Ticket????

I have been seeing a lot of commercials stating the NFLST is included with DirecTV. I went to their sight, but cannot find the answer to this question. Is this for all DTV customers, or only for those starting new service? Anyone know for sure?

I don't want to have to turn off DTV, but I will if free NFLST is only for new service.

gap

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: NFLSunday Ticket????

You can call Directv, but I guarantee you this is for new customers only. I can also guarantee they will not let you cancel service, then add it again to get Sunday Ticket.

Because of the lockout, I cancelled Sunday Ticket a few months ago hoping they would give me a deal, but they didn't. I'm hoping they offer me something to subscribe again, but am not going to hold my breath. I'll be at the home opener, so I'll wait until the second week of the season to see if anything happens. Regardless, I'll be signing up again as I can not miss a single game. What can I say, I'm an addict.

gap

Just ended DTV. Hello Rabbit ears. I called DTV, and they didn't care that I have been a loyal DTV customer since the early 1990s. This is only for new DTV customers. Done!

gap

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

That seems like a low blow to all of you loyal customers, I'm planning on getting Direct TV this year just for the free Sunday Ticket.

Not to beat you guys when you're down, but almost bought DTV+Ticket last year, decided I could hold out, phew!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You can call Directv, but I guarantee you this is for new customers only. I can also guarantee they will not let you cancel service, then add it again to get Sunday Ticket.

Because of the lockout, I cancelled Sunday Ticket a few months ago hoping they would give me a deal, but they didn't. I'm hoping they offer me something to subscribe again, but am not going to hold my breath. I'll be at the home opener, so I'll wait until the second week of the season to see if anything happens. Regardless, I'll be signing up again as I can not miss a single game. What can I say, I'm an addict.
    Mike how much are they charging for the football pkg this year ?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Looks like $335 jk. There is also an option if you can't get Directv because of resident restrictions or inability to get the satellite, which lets you stream all games on-line for $350.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

This site has a bunch of people saying they called in and got the ticket for free. You should call back and try to talk to another person.

Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -08-01-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Sorry, no links.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

And if anyone that has ticket wants to make some money, or to help pay for the ticket, I'm looking to buy the ticket to go service from someone. I think it's like $40-50 to add, so I'd pay that plus extra for your trouble.

thoey is offline Registered User

I have had the ticket for the last 6 or 7 years. Every year when it is time to start getting billed, I call them up and talk to them about the pricing. After a couple mins I let them know that it is too much this year and that I need to cancel it. While they have never given me the ticket for free, they usually drop $100 - 150 off the price.
    This space for rent...

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

DirecTV seriously needs to consider a "Follow your team" packaging deal. I can imagine their sales going up if there was an offer for following one team at a significantly lower price. After all, we're only watching 2 teams play out of the 32 (most of the time).

thoey is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, as with most things, DirecTV doesn't have as much say as they would like in what they can provide. They are bound by contract with the NFL. I believe I heard that contract will be up soon and maybe an idea like that could be added.
    This space for rent...

gap

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    This site has a bunch of people saying they called in and got the ticket for free. You should call back and try to talk to another person.

Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
    I actually talked to three different agents, and they all held the same line. Because rabbit ears suck around here, I have opted for cable. As much as I hate cable, I now hate DTV more. Cable should be installed next week, and DTV will be turned off. Actually, I'll probably leave it on until they turn it off for lack of payment. That way I keep NFLNetwork as long as possible. Maybe I'll see a few RAMS preseason games before it gets shut off.

One down side to this is that I will lose, and never get back, the west coast network feeds. I have been able to keep those through the years, due to the grandfather clause, but I will now lose them. I guess it is not that big of a loss, as they aren't as valuable now due them only being SD.

gap