throwback week

Jack_Youngblood Guest

Nice Little Quote On The Seahawks "Success"

"Why is everyone hyping Seattle so much? Look who they beat -- teams fighting for the No. 1 pick, the Colts when it didn't matter, the Eagles when they didn't have a QB. Now look at who they lost to -- Jacksonville and Washington, two playoff teams. I think the Seahawks will be done in the playoffs."
    -- Wes D., Alexandria, Va.

I feel cool cause Wes D is my boy Wesley Doles who goes to Edison high with me.

He just called me and told me about his quotation on nfl.com

BoomGoesTheDynamite! Guest

Re: Nice Little Quote On The Seahawks "Success"

Dude, you are making the board look very jealous and like a bunch of poor sports.

Exactly how does a quote in a stupid chat from a guy in west virginia validate anything? Give me a break.

How does this help the Rams any? Face the facts. Seattle may or may not win the Super bowl, but they are a whole heck of a lot better than our team, so taking little girly pot shots makes us look like fools.

You don't need to root for Seattle, but this level of resentment makes Ram fans on this board look sad and pathetic.

We are better than that!

And in the future, a quote from a user in an internet chat does not deem worthy on this message board.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

The Bears schedule wasn't all that demanding either. While I will root for any non-Cowboy NFC team in the Super Bowl, our best doesn't measure up to either Denver or Indianapolis.

The Seahawks are for real, and stand an excellent chance of making it to their first Super Bowl. Good for them. This, of course, makes the Saints, Lions and Cardinals look all the more pathetic. At least the Lions and Cards have pre-Super Bowl NFL Championship games to recall, leaving the Saints in dead last. (In the AFC, only the Jags, Texans and "new" Browns have not made it to the big game. All three of those teams are newer than the Saints.)

sbramfan Guest

Seahawks are for real. I think they are similar to Denver.

The advantage that Seattle has is that they don't have to play Pittsburgh, NE, INDY, Denver, Jax, or Cincy to get there.

So if they do, I think on a given day, they could beat any of those teams. I'd put my money on the AFC at this point, but Seattle ranks right up there.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

They have a good QB, and excellent RB (remember when MF scored 26 td, he alone drove us to the playoffs), his OL is really dominant, and they have winstrom and fisher on the D. Maybe they have to imporove their D
    They also beat the giants and they beat us twice with MB.
    I don't like seattle but I think they are one of the best teams in the nfl right now

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The squawks are for real, but how real? Yeah, they beat the best team in the NFL, a team that was already a lock for the playoffs. They beat a team who was in mourning, without a coach, and had no real drive that week.
    But, they also beat some good teams.
    Now, one last game, then they begin the real test. Can they beat Lovie's Bears? The Gnats? The Bucs? Will the "Unbeatable" attitude doom the team?
    My prediction is they will get to the NFC championships before they fall flat on their face.
    I have faith in Seattle. Faith that they still won't be able to go all the way...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

That's such a misnomer in the realm of NFL fandom. The Rams in 1999 also heard the same thing on their way to becoming Super Bowl Champions.

In the NFL, there is no pushover any week. You can take all your strength of schedule stats and throw them away.

Like Al Davis says, Just win Baby.

Jack_Youngblood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoomGoesTheDynamite!
    Dude, you are making the board look very jealous and like a bunch of poor sports.

Exactly how does a quote in a stupid chat from a guy in west virginia validate anything? Give me a break.

How does this help the Rams any? Face the facts. Seattle may or may not win the Super bowl, but they are a whole heck of a lot better than our team, so taking little girly pot shots makes us look like fools.

You don't need to root for Seattle, but this level of resentment makes Ram fans on this board look sad and pathetic.

We are better than that!

And in the future, a quote from a user in an internet chat does not deem worthy on this message board.
    This is actually a quoted email that was put on the "You Said It" page on NFL.com. And its Virginia, not West Virginia. If the editors on NFL.com decided it was good enough to put it on their website, I think it is good enough to put on this message board.

Here is the link to the page, it will probraly be taken off so you might want to check it out sooner than later
    http://nfl.com/features/squibkicks/

jkramsfan Guest

the seahawks only need to win 2 games and at home to get to the big game, i like there chances,good luck.

rawkhrdr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Youngblood
    "Why is everyone hyping Seattle so much? Look who they beat -- teams fighting for the No. 1 pick, the Colts when it didn't matter, the Eagles when they didn't have a QB. Now look at who they lost to -- Jacksonville and Washington, two playoff teams. I think the Seahawks will be done in the playoffs."
    -- Wes D., Alexandria, Va.

I feel cool cause Wes D is my boy Wesley Doles who goes to Edison high with me.

He just called me and told me about his quotation on nfl.com
    So your friend...who is not a football expert, is an expert on the Seahawks?

He is dissing on our strength of schedule? Well we don't decide who we play, we just play them. And unlike the Rams we beat them...11 straight, and that is a feat no matter what schedule you are playing. They may have lost to Washington and Jax. But did you see that Washington game, if Josh Brown's kick is 4" to the right we win that game in regulation and then we are on a 14 game win streak instead of 11. Jacksonville clobbered us, I will give that to you.

Now how about teams we beat, because there are a lot of those. But if you just want to include playoff teams or teams that are on the cusp of the playoffs, NY Giants, Dallas Cowboys, Colts (although they rested their starters for most the game, we were ahead then they pulled their starters). The Hawks also swept their division (a tough feat no matter how bad the rest of the division is), have only lost one conference game all year (Washington, in overtime).

They also did this with their top 2 WR's down for good portions of the year...Jackson and Engram were hurt for 10 and 4 games respectively. With a patchwork secondary consisting of back-ups to back-ups playing significant portions of the season. With Hamlin out since the Houston game, Dyson and Herndon almost never playing at the same time, and guys like Jordan Babineaux, Jimmy Williams, and Michael Harden getting significant playing time. Our linebacking corps was also seriously injured this year when Jamie Sharper (who had never missed a game until this year) went on IR, D.D. Lewis missing several games, the Hawks were forced to use to rookies in their starting linebacking corps. Granted they were Lofa Tatupu and Leroy Hill (not a bad option) and their 3rd LB was Kevin Bentley...Kevin freaking Bentley. I could go on but I think that i may have proven my point.

So because NFL.com decided to display your "knowledgable" friends opinion, I think that I will stick with facts. The Hawks may lose their first playoff game, but they will at least have made it to the playoffs. That is more than the Rams can say this year. But I love how you friend omits the two playoff teams that the Hawks did beat.