Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Niners bring Linehan in for second interview

Niners bring in Linehan for a return visit
    Posted: Adam Schefter

As some teams narrow their head-coaching search, the San Francisco ***** are doing the same with their hunt for an offensive coordinator.

Former St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan is scheduled to interview with the ***** for a second time. Linehanís flight is scheduled to land in the Bay Area this afternoon, and once it does, heís off to the *****í training facility in Santa Clara.

Linehan is believed to be the first candidate to have two interviews for the job. Former Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski also is a candidate.

The ***** wanted to interview around six candidates and have them bounce their ideas off head coach Mike Singletary. After listening to those candidates, the ***** are narrowing their search.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Niners bring Linehan in for second interview

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Niners bring in Linehan for a return visit
    Posted: Adam Schefter

As some teams narrow their head-coaching search, the San Francisco ***** are doing the same with their hunt for an offensive coordinator.

Former St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan is scheduled to interview with the ***** for a second time. Linehanís flight is scheduled to land in the Bay Area this afternoon, and once it does, heís off to the *****í training facility in Santa Clara.

Linehan is believed to be the first candidate to have two interviews for the job. Former Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski also is a candidate.

The ***** wanted to interview around six candidates and have them bounce their ideas off head coach Mike Singletary. After listening to those candidates, the ***** are narrowing their search.
    Linehan's close to the vest, protect the ball at all costs offense is probably well suited for the way Singletary wants to run his team. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Linehan gets the job.

friendly_foe is offline Registered User

lol, is "forty 9ers" a bad word that gets the *** treatment around here? That's pretty funny.

as for the topic, I have mixed feelings about the guy. I wasn't a fan of Martz and I think this guy fits our new coaches style much better, I just wonder if a lot of his success in Minnesota was because of the personnel. He made it pretty obvious that he isn't HC material, or at least not yet but I was curious of your guys thoughts.

And I come in peace, I realize we have to hate each other on Sundays, but who says we have to the rest of the week. Besides, I'm interested in seeing how the other side lives

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I don't see where the Niners got mistreated at all in this thread. Hey! There were many of us at the niner game, and you guy's have some great fans.

I don't think Scott is good for any team to be honest. For you guy's, I hope he is not hired.

Many Rams fans live in the Bay Area, and under the new coach, your team smoked us., (I say this because my son and many friends are Niner Fans).

Quote Originally Posted by friendly_foe View Post
    lol, is "forty 9ers" a bad word that gets the *** treatment around here? That's pretty funny.

as for the topic, I have mixed feelings about the guy. I wasn't a fan of Martz and I think this guy fits our new coaches style much better, I just wonder if a lot of his success in Minnesota was because of the personnel. He made it pretty obvious that he isn't HC material, or at least not yet but I was curious of your guys thoughts.

And I come in peace, I realize we have to hate each other on Sundays, but who says we have to the rest of the week. Besides, I'm interested in seeing how the other side lives
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Linehan's close to the vest, protect the ball at all costs offense is probably well suited for the way Singletary wants to run his team. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Linehan gets the job.
    That's a good point. Say what you want about Linehan as a head coach, but as an offensive coordinator he was effective. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the job either.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Thank God! Hopefully he gets the job, then he might bring over our crappy players to the 9'ers like he did when he was with us by bringing over Miami's crap.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I hope they hire him. that would be fabulous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I'd love to see Linehan with the 49'ers.

In his first week he'll probably try to cut Frank Gore to make room for Richard Owens.

bigredman is offline Registered User

It was reported this morning on San Francisco radio KNBR that Singletary has in fact offered the offensive coordinator job to Linehan. Great news for Ram fans!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

be preparred to hear that future hall of famer Isaac Bruce is retiring,I can't imagine he wants to play for this clown.