Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ninerfaithful81 is offline Registered User

Niners (And Issac Bruce) vs. Rams

Like always, I look forward to playing you guys this Sunday. I hope for the sake of both our teams that it's a good game. One thing that struck me is how the Rams organization seems to be acting over Bruce. I wanted to see what some of the Rams' fans thoughts were. One of the guys from our Niners board brought this conversation on St. Louis Today to our attention.

Here it is...

UCityDave: Jim -

Thanks for the forum. As you know, Isaac Bruce returns to the Dome on Sunday. The way the season has played out, some significant milestones will be within his reach during the game.

He needs just 6 catches to become only the fourth person in NFL history to catch 1,000 balls. (He's caught at least 6 balls in 3 of his last 4 games.)

He needs only 59 yards to pass Tim Brown for second on the all-time NFL receiving yards list. (He's had 60 yards or more 5 times this year, including the last 4 games in a row.)

He needs only 125 yards to become just the second person in NFL history to amass 15,000 career receiving yards. (He's had 125 yards or more twice this year.)

My question is, do you think the team understands that some of the people who bother to show up might be there to see these events, and they might want them to be memorialized (or at least noticed) if they occur?

We've already missed a lot because of someone's short-sighted decision to save $500k or $1MM out of a $118MM salary cap. Playing in a 49er uniform, Ike has passed Irving Fryar, Andre Rison, Mark Clayton, Tommy McDonald, Paul Warfield, Lance Alworth, Andre Reed and Don Maynard on the all-time receiving TD list. He's putting the capstone on a Hall of Fame career. Shame we only get to see him play once a year now. It would have given us something worthwhile to follow in an otherwise dismal season.

P.S. Anything on Jacob Bell's weight loss?
    Jim Thomas: I'm told the Rams won't even announce the milestones in the press box, much less on the stadium P.A., because the ***** wouldn't announce some Rams milestones when the teams played in Candlestick last month.
    But to me, it will be a special moment. I don't care how many more years and how many more teams Isaac plays for, he will always be a Ram. Rest assured, Mike Martz will do everything he can to get Bruce the milestones in St. Louis.
    If it were up to me, I would've kept Bruce for the final year of his Rams contract (through '08) and let him work with the Teen Squad.

Hopefully, if Bruce does reach those achievements, the Rams recognize it. I am empathetic to your guys situation, afterall we had Jerry Rice play in a Raiders uniform and it was just miserable to watch. As far as I'm concerned Bruce will always be a Ram, but I am thankful he is on loan to us! He's a real stand up guy and deserves major props if he can reach those achievements this weekend.

Regardless, best of luck Sunday!
    Last edited by RamDez; -12-18-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: no linking

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Niners (And Issac Bruce) vs. Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Ninerfaithful81 View Post
    Jim Thomas: I'm told the Rams won't even announce the milestones in the press box, much less on the stadium P.A., because the ***** wouldn't announce some Rams milestones when the teams played in Candlestick last month.
    Wow. So the Rams won't announce any Ike milestones because the whiners didn't announce any of ours? Did we have any milestones this year?

Obviously the TV guys will note any milestones, and I'm assuming the radio guys will as well, so it will be interesting ito see if the crowd gets word and gives Ike an ovation on their own. I hope they do because I think it's shameful that the Rams organization can't get past the pettiness and honor one of the greatest, if not the greatest Ram of all time as he makes some NFL history.

seams fair to me, the whiners never did it but we are expected to?

I love the bruuce but he is in a whiner uniform and till he retires he aint getting any love from me.

Lets hope he leaves it till the last week to get that record.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I love the bruuce but he is in a whiner uniform and till he retires he aint getting any love from me.
    Hmm. Aren't you the guy who gives the love and pays homage to London Fletcher by regularly wearing his jersey to Rams games??

I'll agree with you that Bruce doesn't need to reach the milestones on Sunday. I'd be just fine seeing the Rams shut him out on route to a victory. That said, if he reaches any benchmarks, and he probably will, it seems silly and childish for the Rams organization to pretend nothing noteworthy occured just because the whiners organization has no class.

By the way, it's good to see you posting and giving some opinions, even if I don't agree with all of them.

knightfall is offline Registered User

It's not customary for the host team to announce milestones hit by an opposing player. So I don't think it is classless for the red team not to announce milestone hit by players that have never played for them.

The Rams, on the other hand, is being classless with Bruce. This is one of their all-time greats. This guy epitomized what the franchise stood for. This is not some random division rival or some random opposing player. This is Isaac freakin' Bruce we are talking about here.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I'll be at the dome sunday, and i'll be cheering for bruce to break the records. If the Rams don't even announce them that is a class less act. I was at the greenbay game last year and they stopped the dang game to honor Favre when he become the all time completions leader. If we don't recognize one of our all time greats, then that really shows just how far this franchise has fallen.

And I dont care if we in or lose, im hoping for a competitive loss. This year is over, while i hate the niners I could care less about what the final score is. Hopefully we can be competitive and have something to build off of next year.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Bartell needs to shut down Bruce. Atogwe needs to intercept everything thrown his way.

I refuse to accept another loss to the Niners. I was gonna wear my Bruce jersey this weekend, but I'll pass and wear my Carriker one.

As much as Ike was a great Ram, he is currently not a Ram and on the sideline of the team I hate. No love from me. BEAT THE WHINERS!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I was at the greenbay game last year and they stopped the dang game to honor Favre when he become the all time completions leader.
    Great point. Honor Favre but not Ike?? When NFL players do something special, it's recognized, whether they're at home or away. That's just the way things work. For the Rams organization to not recognize anything Bruce does intentionally is just plain low and punkish IMO. These days though, I wouldn't expect anything else from a group lead by Shawgmunt.

knightfall is offline Registered User

Oh well, the Rams got what they deserve, another loss.

Ninerfaithful81 is offline Registered User

It was difficult to tell from the TV, can anyone tell me if the Rams announced Bruce's milestones?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Wow. So the Rams won't announce any Ike milestones because the whiners didn't announce any of ours? Did we have any milestones this year?

Obviously the TV guys will note any milestones, and I'm assuming the radio guys will as well, so it will be interesting ito see if the crowd gets word and gives Ike an ovation on their own. I hope they do because I think it's shameful that the Rams organization can't get past the pettiness and honor one of the greatest, if not the greatest Ram of all time as he makes some NFL history.
    what the hell milestones did the Rams hit ? most gatorade drank in one half,most dropped passes by DB's,oh I know most missed tackles on a single play,the whole thing is childish by both sides,Bruce should be given a couple moments if he hits those marks, anything else is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninerfaithful81 View Post
    It was difficult to tell from the TV, can anyone tell me if the Rams announced Bruce's milestones?
    Not that I heard. I did notice that many fans continued to cheer Bruce long after the catch, so I'm guessing word spread.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    what the hell milestones did the Rams hit ? most gatorade drank in one half,most dropped passes by DB's,oh I know most missed tackles on a single play,the whole thing is childish by both sides,Bruce should be given a couple moments if he hits those marks, anything else is unacceptable.
    Looks like the organization was true to their word about not recognizing anything. Too bad they couldn't have been true to their word by honoring the promises made to Ike after he renegotiated his contract.

Yeah the PA guy announced it when he had just caught his 1000th ball and was second in receiving yards. They put it up on the big screen as well. Of course we all cheered, probably the loudest the dome was all day.

I was right behind the niners bench (scored some free tickets from a friend's dad!) I still couldnt quite grasp seeing Bruce on niners sideline. It made my stomach hurt to see him standing in that uniform. However the worst was seeing niners fans in bruce jerseys. Those SOBs had the nerve to cheer for our player.

The game really turned out just how I wanted it. Sure I was ticked that we lost, but I am OK with it. The best part was seeing Bruce get some revenge against the organization that threw him under the bus for a few cap dollars. Oh and the dish sure was served cold Sunday, good thing we have a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Yeah the PA guy announced it when he had just caught his 1000th ball and was second in receiving yards. They put it up on the big screen as well. Of course we all cheered, probably the loudest the dome was all day.
    Good for them. I guess they came to their senses and realized it was the right thing to do. The public announcement a few days ago that they would not recognize any milestones is a head scratcher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast