Thread: Nnamdi Asomugha

Wolf Guest

Nnamdi Asomugha

Ok, so the Raiders give all this money to DHall without locking up Asomugha. Personally, the Raiders secondary will be a force this year with Wilson, Stu, Huff, Hall, Fabian, and Asomugha...but from what I've read, this is Asomugha's last year...

...honestly, would anyone want to pay him a contract next year to have him along Tye Hill?

chipperjones Guest

Re: Nnamdi Asomugha

Who is the Stu we speak of? They do have a talented D all togather, but back to your question I would pay him the money, but we wont. He has plenty good years left.

Wolf Guest

Stu Schweigert.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    Who is the Stu we speak of? They do have a talented D all togather, but back to your question I would pay him the money, but we wont. He has plenty good years left.
    Stuart Schweigart, who is essentially their worst player in that secondary. You forgot to mention Stanford Routt, who did really well last year. Their secondary has suddenly become a threat after looking like nothing two seasons ago.

chipperjones Guest

Ok ok...stuart sch----whatever that last name is. .the white boy as i call him...Are you sure they didnt place the franchise tag on him?

Wolf Guest

I think they placed the franchise tag on Asomugha, but they never signed him to a long-term deal.

chipperjones Guest

Ok, my bad I didnt see the "but from what I've read, this is Asomugha's last year..." sentence and thought you ment he was a FA.

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

Yeah....he was slapped with the exclusive franshise tag, so he's a year away from even being able to talk, so thinking about getting him is entirely way to premature.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

What I found most amusing by their use of the exclusive tag and then paying all this money to Hall is that the exclusive tag uses the average of the top five contracts THIS year not last year. So they just agreed to pay Asomugha just a little bit more.

He's a real good young corner, but he'll be looking for 11M/year next year, do you really expect us to come up with that kind of money?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Stu Schweigert.
    Sounds like an accountant from Poughkeepsie. Anyway although he's nothing special as a football player, I'm confident that he can balance a ledger like nobody's business.

WHAT SAY YE?

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-22-2008, 02:57 PM