Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Class!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

No Class!

LT vented against the Patsies for no class after game. I agree this team has no class!!! I've seen this on various occasions where they celebrate in the most taunting ways.

I hope they get their butts kicked by the Colts, but Dungie would never allow the Colts to taunt in same manner, but would be nice!
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -01-15-2007 at 02:59 PM.

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: No Class!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    LT vented against the Patsies for no class after game. I agree this team has no class!!! I've seen this on various occasions where they celebrate in the most taunting ways.

I hope they get their butts kicked by the Colts, but Dungie would never allow the Colts to taunt in same manner, but would be nice!
    I would agree that taunting is a basic display of one's lack of class, but then, if the Chargers don't like it, they should have won the damn game! Besides, I would view what the Patriots did as a reply to Merriman's little "dance", which to me is every bit as classless. Personally, I can't stand that crap. Make the tackle, get back to the huddle and pretend like you've done it before.

I was pulling hard for the Chargers, but yesterday, they played like a bunch of punks.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I would agree that taunting is a basic display of one's lack of class, but then, if the Chargers don't like it, they should have won the damn game!
    That doesn't give them the excuse to taunt the other team like that. I find nothing wrong with a celebration like Merriman's but when you direct it at somebody else, thats wrong and classless and disrespectful.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

If the Chargers won, they would've done the same thing, they would've been all over the field, going crazy. Its not like EVERYONE on the Pats did that. It was a few guys doing it, because they probably heard Chargers' teammates talking trash the whole game. Do I find it OK to taunt like that? No, but like I said some guys like Tom Brady go up to every player and congratulate them on one hell of a game, and walk to the locker room, others talk smack. What can you do? Yeah its lack of class, but to say its the whole team, and its all Belicheck's fault, and to say you can't celebrate because they won 3 SB's is just stupid. No matter what, you're going to the playoffs to WIN, regardless of how many times you've won in the SB.

Now, the thing that kills me the most...is...

We should've been the pats of this era...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Now, the thing that kills me the most...is...

We should've been the pats of this era...
    Man I feel you. I was wondering the same thing. if Vermiel had stayed with the Rams a few more seasons and more efforts were spent on defense. We could of easily won at least 2 more. Thats one of the things that angers me the most when I watch the Patsies doing what they do. That should be us.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I would agree that taunting is a basic display of one's lack of class, but then, if the Chargers don't like it, they should have won the damn game! Besides, I would view what the Patriots did as a reply to Merriman's little "dance", which to me is every bit as classless. Personally, I can't stand that crap. Make the tackle, get back to the huddle and pretend like you've done it before.

I was pulling hard for the Chargers, but yesterday, they played like a bunch of punks.
    they need to stop there crying, "they shouldn't do the dance that Merriman is known for", excuse me he's a football player, not a dancer, and the chargers defense danced around after every tackle and then when someone does it back its disrespectful, shut the hell up,sounds to me like a bunch of sore losers.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It's almost impossible to acurately judge what happened to cause the bad feeling on both sides. I'm a Charger fan and I must admit it looked to me like many Charger players were talking a lot of trash and getting in the Patriot players faces throughout the entire game. It's a cliche but true, if you can't take it, don't dish it out because payback is a you know what. If the Chargers should be mad at anyone, it should be themselves for that complete meltdown in the fourth quarter.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

They didn't exactly copy the Merriman dance - they left out the taking of an enhancing substance.

I do not like the Pats, but I am still pissed that merriman got to choose to take his suspension after playing the game against the Rams.
    Last edited by Nick; -01-15-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Family site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rambos is offline Registered User

They didn't exactly copy the Merriman dance - they left out the taking of an enhancing substance.
    Funny but true!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I'm not a great one for smack-talking of any description, I'm even less for taunting as to me both are a waste of breath. Conequently I don't like individuals or teams that indulge in it.

That isn't the reason I was pulling for the Chargers to win however, that's down to the fact that I have little time for their distinctively tedious brand of football or their curmudgeonly coach.

I know who I'll be supporting in the title game.......................

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Fortunately or unfortunately we the fans are not privy to the trash talking that goes on during the game. The Chargers just might have deserved the taunting/celebration they witnessed from the Patriots?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Fortunately or unfortunately we the fans are not privy to the trash talking that goes on during the game. The Chargers just might have deserved the taunting/celebration they witnessed from the Patriots?
    So true. Having played many organized sports in my younger days, I've been subjected to opposing players with "big mouths" during a heated battle. After I whipped their butts, I can say that I displayed a little more emotion and a little more celebration than I normally would. ...just a lilttle "payback", if you will.

But dancing and celebrating a victory of this magnitude should have been expected, and I didn't see anything that was way outta line. I lost a little respect for LT after watching his response to it all. It was a very bad case of sour-grapes, IMHO. His team should have won that game, but choked, and he knew it and couldn't deal with it.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's almost impossible to acurately judge what happened to cause the bad feeling on both sides. I'm a Charger fan and I must admit it looked to me like many Charger players were talking a lot of trash and getting in the Patriot players faces throughout the entire game. It's a cliche but true, if you can't take it, don't dish it out because payback is a you know what. If the Chargers should be mad at anyone, it should be themselves for that complete meltdown in the fourth quarter.
    That's true mike; the Dolt players were acting like a bunch of college players in the BCS title game instead of focusing on the game at hand. They are a very young team that needs to grow up.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I tend to agree with LT on this one, especially after seeing Pats players grab him and encircle him in the post-game video. I don't think the "If the Chargers don't like it they should win the game" argument makes any sense, because to me that's basically saying that the Patriots behaving poorly after the game is somehow justified because of their win and that's not the message we should be sending at all. Act like you've been there and be professional about it.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I tend to agree with LT on this one, especially after seeing Pats players grab him and encircle him in the post-game video. I don't think the "If the Chargers don't like it they should win the game" argument makes any sense, because to me that's basically saying that the Patriots behaving poorly after the game is somehow justified because of their win and that's not the message we should be sending at all. Act like you've been there and be professional about it.
    I turned the game off in disgust as soon as it was over so I did not see any of that overt taunting of LT by the Patriot players. That changes things in my mind because if any player in the NFL deserves respect, it's LT. Damn those Patriots!! Indy becomes my favorite team on Sunday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast