Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Class!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: No Class!

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I turned the game off in disgust as soon as it was over so I did not see any of that overt taunting of LT by the Patriot players. That changes things in my mind because if any player in the NFL deserves respect, it's LT. Damn those Patriots!! Indy becomes my favorite team on Sunday!
    I'm not sure they were specifically taunting LT; here's what I recall from the video. LT was walking across the field, he was obviously upset, and some of the Pats players that he was passing reached out and physically grabbed him to try and slow him down or stop him. Then at some point a bunch of them got in front of him to obstruct his path and there looked like there was some kind of argument, and LT turned and walked away and I believed had a loose handshake with one Pat on the way off the field.

While it's unclear from the video why the Patriots were blocking/encircling LT, I think the most logical reason is that they were blocking LT from confronting Ellis Hobbs, who was at midfield mocking Merriman's signature celebration. If that's the case, that seems rather cowardly in my opinion. You go to mid field to mock your opposition after the game and then your teammates stop your opposition from approaching you about it? I'm not suggesting it was a preplanned tag team operation, but if the Patriots had any class or were any kind of good spots, it would have been their own player they would have been approaching, telling him to shape up. Just my two cents.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not sure they were specifically taunting LT; here's what I recall from the video. LT was walking across the field, he was obviously upset, and some of the Pats players that he was passing reached out and physically grabbed him to try and slow him down or stop him. Then at some point a bunch of them got in front of him to obstruct his path and there looked like there was some kind of argument, and LT turned and walked away and I believed had a loose handshake with one Pat on the way off the field.

While it's unclear from the video why the Patriots were blocking/encircling LT, I think the most logical reason is that they were blocking LT from confronting Ellis Hobbs, who was at midfield mocking Merriman's signature celebration. If that's the case, that seems rather cowardly in my opinion. You go to mid field to mock your opposition after the game and then your teammates stop your opposition from approaching you about it? I'm not suggesting it was a preplanned tag team operation, but if the Patriots had any class or were any kind of good spots, it would have been their own player they would have been approaching, telling him to shape up. Just my two cents.
    You know what Nick, every team that plays the Patriots seem to come off as an arch rival, usually with bad blood. The Chargers did some things during the game that seemed foolish and out of character to me, probably because they were dragged down in the mud by the Brady Bunch. Again I say, damn those Patriots! Indy needs to do everyone a favor and knock New England off their high horse, with extreme prejudice!

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Emotion and showmanship is a part of the game, but when you do stuff like direct it at the fans or players thats wrong. If I sack a the QB in a game, then I'd be happy too, hell I might e happy enough to do the texas two step, but I wouldn't mock the other team, its fans or its coaches a la T.O. or the Patriots. No body has a problem with Steven Jackson "rolling the dice the endzone" as well they shouldn't. Its an expression of emotion. But T.O. doing Ray Lewis' dance in the enzone is over the line. Screw the classless Pats who are finally being exposed as such, screw Bill Belichek for being an ass to Eric Mangini and a cameraman, screw Tom Brady for being a OVERATED QB on a team that won with solid defense, and screw ESPN for being homers and constantly shoving them down the nation throats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12