Thread: No Cottrell?!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

No Cottrell?!

It is being reported here in Minnesota on the local sports radio that Ted Cottrell will be retiring. He has filed his retirement papers with the NFL and had stated "he does not want to retire". He is claiming there is no interest for his services around the league. I guess that means he won't be an option for our d-line

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: No Cottrell?!

Found this from KFFL

Vikings | Cottrell to retire
    Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:52:07 -0800

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports former Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell revealed Monday, Feb. 13, that he has filed retirement papers with the NFL. "I don't want to retire," Cottrell, 58, said. "I'm being forced into retirement." Cottrell has been unable to land a job with an NFL team, despite 10 head coaching changes. "It's been a bizarre year," Cottrell said. "All these openings but no jobs. I've called some people and it's the same old story. 'We'll let you know if anything opens up.'"

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

"I'm being forced into retirement."

"All these openings but no jobs. I've called some people and it's the same old story. 'We'll let you know if anything opens up.'"
    Sounds like someone doesn't want to take a step back to an assistant's position.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I cant get the job i want, therefore i am "forced" to retire. Sounds like another spoiled brat in the world of professional sports completely out of touch with reality. Not only can he get a job as a position coach if he wants one, but no one is "forcing" him to do anything. Gee, I am a lawyer who knows a little about football and can negotiate contracts and has some knowledge of the salary cap. I cant have jay zygmunt's job, i guess i am forced to retire.

ramming speed to all

general counsel