View Poll Results: Which Non-Ram most deserves to win the big one?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donovan McNabb

5 35.71%
  • Jeff Fisher

2 14.29%
  • Jason Taylor

0 0%
  • Ladanian Tomlinson

2 14.29%
  • John Fox

0 0%
  • Brian Urlacher

1 7.14%
  • Walter Jones

1 7.14%
  • Drew Brees

1 7.14%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 14.29%
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which Non-Ram Would You Like To See Win A Title?

Which veteran player or coach (non-Ram) would you most like to see win their first Super Bowl?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Which Non-Ram Would You Like To See Win A Title?

I'm going with Fisher. Among active coaches, he is 2nd in wins. Yet no ring. That guy has done very well with (in a lot of years) not much talent.

But if I can go off the list, I'd say Marty Schottenheimer for the same reason. Sixth all time in wins, but he is the only HC with at least 200 wins and no ring.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

My first thought was Jeff Fisher. However, he had his chance and some team named the RAMS spoiled the party.

I actually would like to see Jack Del Rio do it. I really like his no nonsense style of coaching.

LifeLongRam Guest

Marty Schottenheimer if he comes back to the game.

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

ladian tomlinson, three season of over 1500 hundred yards rushing, a verstile back that can do it all kinda reminds me of marshall with the good hands, elusievness, and a team oriented guy. plus when he brings his team to the playoffs he gets injured and cant play so he deserves a third chance to prove himself.
    Last edited by jackson3909; -06-19-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: typo

Keenum is offline Registered User

Of course, my first thought was "NO ONE," becaue that means that the Rams didn't win it. But if I had to pick, I would go with Jeff Fisher. I've got a lot of respect for him.

A-Web is offline Registered User

So, McNabb is winning a vote, and no one has explained why they voted for him, I guess I'll put myself on the spot then;

I would have to say McNabb because of alot of different reasons. One, I think he is an amazing quarterback who understood that being a quarterback meant being a leader. Not just an athelete with an agenda. He stopped running around like a clown a long time ago, and learned to throw the ball. He has worked for a long time, and has remained faithful to the unforgiving city of Philladelphia. I think if he doesn't win one soon, not only will he eventually retire, but the city might turn on him completely.

I have tremendous respect for a quarterback who can command such a misfit crew of WRs to a NFC Conference Championship match, and at the same time, utilize the pass so efficiently to get there.

I think that unlike some of the others up there, specifically the coaches and a few others, McNabb only has his playing career to make his mark on football. I would not expect him to be coaching in 10-15 years, and so this is all he has. I would hope that he can accomplish something before it is over, and build up a resume so that he might be given an opportunity to sportscast like some of the past greats. Guys like Steve Young, Marshall Faulk, and well...just about every other sportscaster out there. I just hope that after trying and trying like that, that the people who put the effort in will at some point be rewarded.

I think some of the coaches might deserve it equally, but as Joe Paterno has proven, you can coach until you are in a casket, but you sure cannot play on the field till the same deadline.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I went with McNabb as well. I had season tickets to Syracuse football back when McNabb was behind center. He was so well loved around here that he could have run for mayor and won. Great times. Watching Donovan in the Carrier Dome definitely shaped me into the football fan I am today.