Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Not everyone happy about a Martz offense

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Wow, so one Pro Bowl year by Jones trumps Martz, and staying on the Lions trumps Martz.

I hope Martz never comes to the Rams. He might actually help them to a Super Bowl appearance and a Super Bowl win or something. I'd rather have a RB with 1 Pro Bowl tell me how to run my offense.
    No one said Jones trumps Martz Tx. You said Jones hasn't done SQWAT, right? Making the Pro Bowl does represent SQWAT, doesn't it?

As for Martz, whether you want to accept it or not, he is a polarizing figure who eventually melts down or causes team dissention. As I said earlier, Jones was only one of many voices on the Lions who were glad to see Martz go. IMO, the same will eventually happen with the whiners.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

I think that Martz could have utilized Jones' talent as a receiver out of the backfield a bit more. Obviously the LIONS o-line was pretty weak so Martz was using Jones to help protect the QB.

On a side note*** "SQWAT" can't wait to play scrabble again that word will be worth a ton of points.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Wow, so one Pro Bowl year by Jones trumps Martz, and staying on the Lions trumps Martz.

I hope Martz never comes to the Rams. He might actually help them to a Super Bowl appearance and a Super Bowl win or something. I'd rather have a RB with 1 Pro Bowl tell me how to run my offense.
    tx, I'm not saying it's Jones against Martz. Martz knows more about offense that probably half the other NFL coordinators combined. What I was trying to say was that the issues Jones brought up most probably lead to Martz being fired. That's all.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

WOW.

Nobody is denying what Martz has done, but he also made plenty of boneheaded mistakes here and with the Lions. The point is if you think it's ok for Hedge to rip Linehan, it's ok for Jones to complain about Martz. It's not like Jones is coming out of left field with nonsense. We all know Martz is stubborn and has abandoned the run many times when he shouldn't have.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12