Since Rudy never posted it here, I will do it for him

Howdy, Howdy, Howdy,

Here is the next installment of gripes, snipes, peeves, and rants from the Rampagers resident cynic, namely ME!

First off, this is for those who at one time, or still somehow think that Randy Moss ever deserved mention as the best player in the NFL ( Which of course, he never was, and never did )

"I play when I want to play... Do I play up to my top performance, my ability every time? Maybe not, I just keep doing what I do, and that is playing football." " When I make my mind up, I am going to go out there and tear somebody's head off. When I go out there and play some football, man, it's not anyone telling me to play, or how I should play. I play when I want to play, case closed "

------ Randy Moss to the Minneapolis Star-Ledger ------

Well, golly gee Randy, it's not like it's your FREEKIN' job or anything to put it in gear every down or attempt to play the position as it should be played, or to support the fellows who share the same locker room, or even at the very least, to give the effort your salary demands, to the hard nosed working stiffs that scrimp and save to support the Vikings and pay your godforsaken bling-bling buying salary.

Never thought I'd see this day, but I truly feel sorry for all the Viking fans out there, who have been bamboozled and hoodwinked by this pompous, overrated, self serving, loafing, lazy, narcissistic, no heart havin', gutless, donkey's butt. It does do my heart good to see the entire team implode though, as the true character of Moss and Carter and the team itself has surfaced. It no longer looks so much like an NFL sideline on the Viking side of things each Sunday any longer, as it does a Vick-Chandler family picnic. Hell, there's so much pushing, shoving, and childish soap opera antics going on, the WWF is thinking of holding their next PPV event after next weeks opening kickoff.

Dooooooo Youuuuuuuu Smmmmmmmmmeeeell what the Moss is cooking? Yep, sure do Randy Peee-yew!

Central division foes have to be giddy that the Vikes gave Mr Moss, an 18 million dollar signing bonus and committed 75 million over 8 years to him, because it virtually ensures the Vikes remain non-competitive and heartless for the duration of his stay. In closing there is no truth the rumor that Dennis Green will have the competition committee form a rule which prohibits any and all defensive players from coming within 10 yards of Carter and Moss while they are on the field of play so that they may, as Dennis puts it... "not have to work so hard"

Speaking of pugilistica footballa, what's the deal with Jaguar DT Larry Smith? At last count, he's been involved in not 1, not 2, not 3 , but 4 locker room brawls with teammates, first he goes all Norman Bates on return man Reggie Barlow at the half of the 1999 AFC championship loss to Tennessee, then he sucker punches starting center Jeff Smith before a game earlier this year, then he gets in a sumo death match with Tight End Damon Jones in the middle of the locker room while both players are standing in all their (ahem) manly glory... Exactly when is Tom Coughlin and Jaguar management going to realize that Mr Smith doesn't work and play well with others?

Elsewhere...

3Com Corp. has informed the ***** that the company will remove its name from the team's home field and not renew a multimillion-dollar annual naming contract, according to team spokesman Sam Singer. The ***** control the naming rights to the city-owned stadium. While it was thought that the team would pursue a corporate replacement for 3Com, Singer said that after lengthy discussion and study, the new name would be "Crack Back Leg Whip Stadium at Cap Circumvention point"

Just a thought... But has anyone ever heard of a athlete having UN-successful surgery?

This just in... Terry Glenn has been named to the all-suspension team, and is considered to be the front runner for the 2001 Leon Lett award

In Tennessee, the injuries continue to mount... Jeff Fisher was spotted around Titan HQ sporting a air cast on his right wrist. Rumors are that he injured the wrist while attempting to pull his hair out while lamenting the season his Titans are having.

ABC television crews were dispatched this week to Warren Sapp's abode, in order to install the 147 cameras that will cover every inch of his house for it's new 24/7 Warren Sapp channel. ABC Sports president Howard Katz was heard to say after the 1,056th time Warren was shown on the sidelines last Monday night, that "hey!, we can't get enough of Warren, and we're betting the TV public feels the same". Casting is not completely set at this point, but we hear that Gary Coleman is set for the part of Sapp's imaginary friend "Lil' Warren"

Speaking of TV, Jeff George kicks off his new superhero cartoon series " The adventures of I used to have a career man" next fall

Excuse me, but just HOW are you enjoying 4th place Mr Haslett?

In Detroit, there is some public sentiment growing to acknowledge and honor another great Detroit failure by changing the team name to the Edsels

This just in... Keyshawn Johnson still has as many TD receptions as I do.

What's more annoying every Thanksgiving? The In Laws? Or John Madden going on for three plus hours about the wonders of "turducken"?

In closing, while it is always a scary sight watching Georgia skulk around the Ram sidelines, just imagine how Carroll must have felt on his wedding night

Till next time: