Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Return To Glory Guest

Re: O-line rankings FOX SPORTS

true, all martz did was pat them on the ***, he was not a very good coach at punishing his players when thay made mistakes, if he had done that, mad Mike may still be here.
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-07-2006 at 09:28 AM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I know what you mean. It seemed that it was never the players fault when something went wrong. Like if Bulger threw an interception he was always 'That was me, i called the wrong play'

Granted it might have been different he let Bulger audible, but he couldnt put on the mistakes down to him and leave the players to keep making them without any repercussion.

Return To Glory Guest

but that is mikes style, he never was to good about letting his qb's audible.

i know, he wanted complete control of the offense. The thing is it worked in the GSOT years, but you could tell in Warner's later years and Bulger's time here that there are times when they desperately want to audible.

But they never did just because they would be benched in an instant as soon as an audible back fires

Return To Glory Guest

yep, that is another reason we had to burn all of those time outs, and i truly believe that marc bulger would be the best qb in the NFL had he been able to audible, we already know that he is one of the most accurate passers in the game.

Ive known Bulger to have audibled only once, and he changed a pass play into a QB run and picked up the first down with ease.

Bulger was definitely restricted by Martz's playcalling and style, that season he threw over 20 interceptions were due to Martz making Bulger force it lon most of the time. I think this year with Linehan in charge you will see a much more reseved Bulger, one that picks apart a defense with little passes, only going really long when the oppurtunity provides itself. And with Holt, Bruce and Curtis its likely that the opportunity will be there quite often. But he shouldnt be made to just sit back there and toss the ball for 30-40 yard passes all the time like Martz wanted, it just doesnt work.

Return To Glory Guest

yep that's for sure, But i will miss chunking the ball down field, it looked cool on tv, you did not know were it was going, you just knew holt or bruce was going to come down with it.

I saw it last year in the Rams v Colts game on monday night. I saw the snap, and the camara was focused on Bulger and the Rams OL, and suddenly Bulger turns and throws the ball downfield. I thought who the hell got that far down the field that quickly? And then the ball dropped nicely into the hands of a wide open Kevin Curtis for a TD

Also, how awesome was Orlando Pace in that game? I thought the big guy had lost it a bit, but how he handled Dwight Freeney was just brilliant. I loved how Freeney tried to do his patented spin move on Pace, and all that happened was Freeney ended up spinning from Pace's left arm onto his right.

Overalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Return To Glory
    hahah good old texan fans finnaly showing up.

1) there is no reason for me to frequent this board

2) I joined before you did. So hahah about time you showed up.

you joined before me aswell, but your superior post count shows how well you have contributed to these boards

Overalls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    you joined before me aswell, but your superior post count shows how well you have contributed to these boards

This a RAMS board. I don't like the team. They are not in the same conference of the team I root for. They aren't in the same division of the team I root for. There is no real reason for me to be here getting all worried about my post count. I only joined this board for when our teams play each other.

So keep your mind on your own post count and quit the hating.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    If we have learned anything, it's that contribution is tied to quality, not quantity.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

If Barron doesn't get his head in the game he could also be one of the skinniest offense lineman in the league.

:O

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

I think the one thing I really have a problem with is the fact that Martz left the cupboards bare all but a few crumbs. How does an offensive "Genius" not maintain a healthy O-line? Did he think that in his superior concept of time an space his players would not age? Ask anybody that posses the bare minimum of football knowledge, "What is the most important part of the NFL to be sucessfull?", and unless that person is a complete moron they will tell you that if you control the line, you control the game.

If the Rams would have addressed RT position after winning the SB they would have more than likely won one or two more with that talent pool.

Only when the product that was presented became completely ridiculous, did Martz draft O-line heavy.

Overalls Guest

Not that it means as much since it was just the first game of the Preseason, but the Texans did not give up a sack vs. the Chiefs last Saturday. Let's see how many the Rams get this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12