Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Observations from the Raider game

Wow, is that team bad, or what? I know it's early, and after only one game it's hard to declare the season over for them, but....wow. That team is BAD.

Did Art Shell even know there was a game going on?

With the Chargers playing about a mile off the receivers, wouldn't it make sense to throw some short passes?

Is there anyone on the Raiders O line that can block?

Did you hear about Jerry Porter on the sidelines laughing and fist pumping when Brooks got sacked for about the 100th time? Talk about a disfunctional group...

Where did they dig up that coaching staff? O coordinator was running a Bed and Breakfast until ol' AL called? What a joke. I loved every second of it, and I'm sure the drama will only get better as the season moves on. Can't wait. One bright spot for them though. They have a heck of a punter!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Re: Observations from the Raider game

I saw last nights game and I totally concur with your assessments RamFanRaiderHater (Whew! Is that a mouthful!) Anyway, I watched Art Shell-acked) continue to write notes with his pencil on a paper. I believe I know what he was writing:
    1.) Man we suck!!
    2.) No wonder 8 other coaches declined this job. I guess they couldn't find another idiot to take it. Hey!! Wait a minute! That's me, doggone it!!
    3.) Will somebody please shoot me?
    4.) Well now I know why Norv Turner was smiling after he got fired.
    5.) I wonder if the Black in the Silver & Black is actually a black hole and is indicative of my career path.
    6.) Will somebody please read #3? ....Please I can't stand it anymore.

WHAT SAY YE?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Choaktown Faiders NEVER rang so true! They are beyond bad and have so many problems, they'll never get out of the black hole. Al Davis didn't learn his lesson the first time around with Art Shell, and now he's reliving the nightmare. Aaron Brooks is absolutely horrible, it's only a matter of time before Andrew Walter is out there running for his life. And some think we had scoring problems?

Gotta say though, I'm lovin' EVERY minute of it!

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

On another note Is Shawn Merriman gonna be the greatest linebacker in the history of the NFL? Man that guy looked good last night. Maybe it was because it was against the Raiders or maybe its because hes that good.I hope the Rams coaches are already game planning for that beast.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    On another note Is Shawn Merriman gonna be the greatest linebacker in the history of the NFL? Man that guy looked good last night. Maybe it was because it was against the Raiders or maybe its because hes that good.I hope the Rams coaches are already game planning for that beast.
    No doubt about it, Merriman is SCARY. Size, strength, speed and a killer instinct.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

However, I did discover last night what the "black hole" was in reference to....

Their offensive line.

...and next week, Brooks/Walters get introductions to Mr.Ray Lewis. How sweet is that? :x

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I would not be suprised if Brooks was pulled as the starter. The guy really is one of the worst starting QB's in the league right now. They need to get the kid experience if he is to be their future. I must admit seeing all those dejected fans in the stands made me happy. I really cannot stand classless fans. Speaking of which dont be suprised at the Charger game by all the classless fans there as well. I went there for the pre season last year and I was really pissed and suprised at the crap we heard. What made it worse is we had kids with us and they still had no regard.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

I would not be suprised if Brooks was pulled as the starter. The guy really is one of the worst starting QB's in the league right now. They need to get the kid experience if he is to be their future.
    I agree to an extent, Brooks has shown that he wasn't consistent with the Saints, he had some nice games and some horrible ones. Watching last night I can't lay all the blame on Brooks, that O Line was horrible. If we are going to cut Jackson some slack because our O Line has been bad at times, than we must cut Brooks a little slack because that was like pee wee football O Line out there trying to protect Brooks.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-12-2006 at 09:52 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

I enjoyed the game. I think the Raiders have a good chance at that #1 pick.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Maybe it was because it was against the Raiders or maybe its because hes that good.I hope the Rams coaches are already game planning for that beast.
    Both, I think.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

The Raiders were insane for signing Brooks to begin with, much less naming him starter. The problem is that tui and Walter will not do too much better.

Not trying to pile on, I hope the Raiders get it together and establish a run game with their talented back (Jordan) and somehow get some time for Moss to run a deep route or two.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, at least they will have the first pick in the draft. But we all know that the old man in the white jump suit well probably give that up for a has been player or coach.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

A very good pass rusher, not a true LB. He's playing outside in a 3-4 scheme. The guy is good though, and I'm not looking forward to seeing him against the RAMS.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

The Raiders looked bad, but they had some good showings too. They have two very talented, young Linebackers back there and an improved defense. The O-Line looked horrible, but Jordan looks quick and powerful. Aaron Brooks looked bad but he still made some nice plays with his legs and on a few checkdown passes to Moss.

My brother is a Raiders fan. He's kind of been like a dad to me so I've always taken the Raiders as my second team. I think the Raiders have a lot of young talent on that team. If those young players can develop, the Raiders will be a good team in a few seasons.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

He's a very good player specifically as a pass rusher in the perfect scheme to take advantage of his skills. I'll assume you were exaggerating on the greatest ever comment though.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Watching last night I can't lay all the blame on Brooks, that O Line was horrible.
    God that line was horrible. Brooks plays like a joke quite a bit but I don't know many quarterbacks that you could put behind that line and expect them to suceed. And the offensive coordinator didn't help matters by continuing to call these deep seven step drops in the pocket. At least give the guy a shot and change things up with some quick three step releases or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    I enjoyed the game. I think the Raiders have a good chance at that #1 pick.
    Really makes you wonder which way they go. Oakland fans like to talk up Andrew Walter as the future, and I really like the kid, but if you're Oakland with the chance to grab Brady Quinn, you have to take a big look at that option. If you like Walter enough, a trade down makes sense for the Raiders. Plenty of teams will be looking at Quinn if he has the kind of season many expect from him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast