HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Observations on the Seahawk / Cowboy game

That game felt like an Old West high noon street standoff, I just kept waiting for tumbleweed to blow in-between Parcells and Holmgren. Neither wanted to show too much, and appeared to be waiting for the other to make a move. In fact, with the exception of the Cowboy Defense, every unit looked like it was a preseason game (imagine that!) and didn't stray too far from their base vanilla packages.

Seattle
    Hasselbeck looked very comfortable. You can't help but think that he has a lot more confidence in his receivers just by not seeing Robinson staggering around with his ping-pong handle hands on the field. The new receivers, though not flashy, looked more than serviceable. Jurivicious and Pathon aren't going to break a game open, but they're not going to lose it for the Hawks either.

Bias Disclaimer Alert: I liked what I saw from Huckeba. I must add, I played ball for his dad, so I'm rooting for the kid to do well or at least make the roster. He's undersized, but appeared to be around the ball and got to Henson and Romo some in the 2nd and 4th quarters. He's learning behind a good one in Wistrom.

Dallas
    The Offense was underwhelming, but I am impressed (as I was afraid I would be) with Parcells D. They were very active and gave the Seattle O all they wanted. Demarcus Ware appears to be the real deal. He was blowing over and through lineman (almost) at will, including Hutchinson and Jones. That's no easy feat to say the least. If Ware can translate his preseason results into the regular season, he will quickly become a number that opposing QBs must find when coming to the line of scrimmage.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

KurtWarner2005MVP is offline Registered User

Re: Observations on the Seahawk / Cowboy game

good analysis HU.

DanS761 is offline Registered User

Very active against the Seattle offense? On seahawks second drive Hass went 10 for 10 and went 80 plus yards against the cowboys. There was 1 play where Hutch got burned really bad and it was the Ware sack/fumble recovery. It happens. After the first qtr the cowboys were playing against the seahawks 3rd, 4th team offense. I wouldnt get to excited about how the cowgirls did against the hawks since the first team barely played.

Such an "objective" point of view. If I ever need an objective point of view on the Hawks i'll ask a Rams fan!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I saw alot of last years problems with the hawks in that game.
    receivers are still dropping the ball.
    I thought...Well it must be the way Hasslebeck throws the ball,but then they were dropping Seneca Wallace balls also.
    The D. wasnt stopping the run,but then again it was Julius Jones running through any crack or seam he could find and getting good yards.
    Alexander looked good with his usual power running style.
    I still see a problem with the Dallas QBs They are still missing Quincy Carter.
    Special teams looked real good for both teams. pretty solid.
    Seattles O-line looked good giving Hasslebeck time to throw.
    Hawks just got to learn how to hold onto the rock.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Quote Originally Posted by DanS761
    Very active against the Seattle offense? On seahawks second drive Hass went 10 for 10 and went 80 plus yards against the cowboys. There was 1 play where Hutch got burned really bad and it was the Ware sack/fumble recovery. It happens. After the first qtr the cowboys were playing against the seahawks 3rd, 4th team offense. I wouldnt get to excited about how the cowgirls did against the hawks since the first team barely played.

Such an "objective" point of view. If I ever need an objective point of view on the Hawks i'll ask a Rams fan!
    Geez Dan, did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Show me where I displayed some kind of Ram bias...
    Seattle
    Hasselbeck looked very comfortable. You can't help but think that he has a lot more confidence in his receivers just by not seeing Robinson staggering around with his ping-pong handle hands on the field. The new receivers, though not flashy, looked more than serviceable. Jurivicious and Pathon aren't going to break a game open, but they're not going to lose it for the Hawks either.
    Let's recap my comments: Hass looked good, the new receivers looked good, Koren sucked and needed to go.....oh yea, that screams Rams bias, doesn't it?!

And as far as Ware....yes, he was very active the entire night! He had a sack, a pick, a fumble recovery and two forced fumbles.....if that's not active, I'd love to know what is.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    I saw alot of last years problems with the hawks in that game.
    receivers are still dropping the ball.
    I thought...Well it must be the way Hasslebeck throws the ball,but then they were dropping Seneca Wallace balls also.

Alexander looked good with his usual power running style.
    Besides a drop by Mili and Jurevicius, all of the other WRs dropping the ball won't make the team anyways.

Alexander a power runner? LOL

Nice Jacket

XxXdragonXxX is offline Registered User

Julius Jones averaged 1.8 yards on 9 carries against the Seahawks starting defensive line, never gaining more than 3 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
    Julius Jones averaged 1.8 yards on 9 carries against the Seahawks starting defensive line, never gaining more than 3 yards.
    Julius did better than 3 yrds on more than one occasion.Didnt you watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Julius did better than 3 yrds on more than one occasion.Didnt you watch the game?
    Yeah, he had 3 runs that went for more than 3 yards, none of them came when our starting defensive line was on the field.

He had runs of 10, 13 and 18 yards on their 4th drive of the game, but our line consisted of Otis Leverette, Craig Terrill, Rocky Bernard and Antonio Cochran on those 3 runs. We subbed our starters back in at the end of the drive and he ran 2 more times for 3 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by BBlades89
    Besides a drop by Mili and Jurevicius, all of the other WRs dropping the ball won't make the team anyways.

Alexander a power runner? LOL
    What kind of running style would you call alexander.Maybe slashing,cut here, cut back,or would you say maybe give me the hole and I'll blast through it,and if you try to tackle me its gonna hurt.:mask:I also saw 6 dropped passes.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -08-25-2005 at 01:03 AM.

Dropped passes were by...

Jerheme Urban (won't make the team)
    Jason Willis (Won't make the team)
    Calen Powell (Won't make the team)
    Leonard Weaver (backup fullback)

Those are the ones I remember.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Hass looked great, but watching the game, a lot of his passes were pretty cake - guys were wide open in zone coverage.

Demarcus Ware looked amazing. When Parcels took him ahead of Merriman, I was a bit suspicious, but he looked like a stud in that game. The interception he made was a simply amazing play on his part for a rookie, I thought.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
    Dropped passes were by...

Jerheme Urban (won't make the team)
    Jason Willis (Won't make the team)
    Calen Powell (Won't make the team)
    Leonard Weaver (backup fullback)

Those are the ones I remember.
    I think you guys should be excited by your receiving corp. As you said, the drops came from people that are going to be playing in Europe or in the Arena. Hass certainly looked more confident in his receivers than with Koren leading the pack.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I'm not a big Hasslebeck fan. He's pulled some all-time boners in his short career and underachieved at times BUT I think he's reached that next level as a qb. You wouldn't know by looking at last year's numbers but if you add in the numbers that should have been there, he had a really good season.

This year, I think he will be putting up elite numbers. 4000 yards and 30+ td's in my opinion. He'll have the best statistical year of any NFC West qb for sure.