Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shadesofgrey Guest

The official " Lets draft Graham Harrell" thread

(* I wanted to post this in draft, but it was locked)
    At any rate, I love this kid. What a passer. IMO he'
    s got all the intangibles to be a great NFL QB. Watching him beat Texas last night was awesome. He's got a nice release, can push the ball down the field, and is accurate under pressure. That last drive to win the game was a 2 min. drill passing clinic. TO have the cojones to throw it up for Crabtree...man I love it!!!

tonyray05 Guest

Re: The official " Lets draft Graham Harrell" thread

Dreamworld boys , management won't pay the money lol. Lets rebuild the ownership and the management!!! Crabtree would be a helluva choice!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If we're looking at someone from Texas Tech, I'd probably rather go Crabtree at this point. I think he'd be a killer combo lined up with Avery on the other side.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Certainly something to think about around the 4th round.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RedArcher7 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If we're looking at someone from Texas Tech, I'd probably rather go Crabtree at this point. I think he'd be a killer combo lined up with Avery on the other side.

Did you see that catch? Too bad he's going to the Lions.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The only way I'd consider him is if, between now and the draft, he gains 100 lbs and becomes a Blue Chip OT.

chndlr54 Guest

QB woud be great spread offense QB would not be to good in nfl. Tebow would be better. He does it all and usually carries his team.

Shadesofgrey Guest

A great NFL QB is someone who sees the field, is smart enough to read the d, has a quick release, accurate passing, and will stand in the pocket and make big throws under pressure. Plus the ability to lead his team. Graham Harrell is all these things. Tebow in my mind is more of a McNabb type qb: good passer and great runner. I think he'll do good in the NFL, but he'll never be a Brady or a Manning. Those guys make their money with their arms and smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by chndlr54 View Post
    QB woud be great spread offense QB would not be to good in nfl. Tebow would be better. He does it all and usually carries his team.

Shadesofgrey Guest

So what your saying Avenger, is that you like your draft pics like you like your women :P

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The only way I'd consider him is if, between now and the draft, he gains 100 lbs and becomes a Blue Chip OT.

Shadesofgrey Guest

You think the highest rated passer in college football will be around in the 4th? Seems unlikely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey View Post
    You think the highest rated passer in college football will be around in the 4th? Seems unlikely to me.
    I guess I'm confused......David Johnson (198.25) is the highest rated QB in college football. Harrell is 9th (165.90). Fifth in the Big XII.

But why would the highest rated QB necessarily not be there in the 4th. Dennis Dixon (161.24) and Colt Brennan (159.84), the two highest rated QBs in the draft, were still there in the 5th and 6th last year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I think we can grab him in the 4th, maybe even 5th if we are lucky. As HUB pointed out, Brennen went in like 5th or 6th and i really wanted us to pick him.......but whatever, i think we can grab him on the second day and still get all the other help we need.

Tebow is a great college qb, how that'll transition into the nfl has yet to be determined. But i can think of another qb not named Mcnabb that was a lot like Tebow, his name is Vince Young, and personally, i dont want a runner/passer for our qb, and hes not like a running back, hes more like an FB. He might be great, but no one knows. Same can be said about Harrle, but i rather have Harrell.

Shadesofgrey Guest

Let me rephrase..The "best QB in college football"...Harrell is no Colt Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I guess I'm confused......David Johnson (198.25) is the highest rated QB in college football. Harrell is 9th (165.90). Fifth in the Big XII.

But why would the highest rated QB necessarily not be there in the 4th. Dennis Dixon (161.24) and Colt Brennan (159.84), the two highest rated QBs in the draft, were still there in the 5th and 6th last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey View Post
    Let me rephrase..The "best QB in college football"...Harrell is no Colt Brennan
    Oh I see. Then I must ask, what makes him any different than Colt Brennan? Two QBs that have spent their college careers putting up crazy numbers in a non-pro offense.

Harrell may be the next great QB, but he will have the ghosts of Kliff Kingsbury and BJ Symons hanging over his head until he does.

Truth is offline Registered User

The only thing I want to se us draft in the 1st round (unless we fill the gap with a FA) is a tackle. Offensive or Defensive, makes no difference to me. If we don't fix the lines, it doesn't matter who the Qb is, how fast the receivers are, or how good our DBs are. A QB can't pass from his back. Any QB in the league, given the time our line gives, will carve up a defense.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast