Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Opening Game Tonight

Who's going to win tonight..Dolphins @ Steelers ??

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

Re: Opening Game Tonight

two strong D`s, QB`s with questions marks over them and both teams missing veteran RB`s from last season i say 30-26 to steelers!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Something tells me upset.....Dolphins 24 Steelers 20

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Cant see past a Steelers victory to be honest.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

With Batch at QB in Pitt, I have to go with the Fins.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

big ben played probably his worst game for the steelers in the SB and they still won!
    theres more to the steelers than whoever is playing QB for them;batch can play as "well" as ben did in the SB if not better!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams View Post
    big ben played probably his worst game for the steelers in the SB and they still won!
    theres more to the steelers than whoever is playing QB for them;batch can play as "well" as ben did in the SB if not better!
    That was all last year my friend. Would you happen to be related to Charlie Batch by any chance? hehe
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm watching the kickoff of the new season on NBC, am I just old school or is the NFL looking more like the WWF?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Many analysts expect Miami to be a contender for the AFC East crown this year, but they sure didn't look like a possible division winner tonight. Culpepper looked horrible, Ronnie Brown couldn't gain anything on the ground, and the Miami defense did virtually nothing to stop Charlie Batch from executing offensively. It's tough playing the defending Super Bowl champs, but the Dolphins didn't show me much of anything tonight.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    That was all last year my friend. Would you happen to be related to Charlie Batch by any chance? hehe
    no man i just looked into my crystal ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams View Post
    no man i just looked into my crystal ball!
    Well you got me this time, Batch did play well, I know Batch isn't horrible, but I expected more from Miami's D honestly, and figured they would pressure him enough into mistakes to win the game.

Miami did get robbed on that Heath Miller TD though. That was horrible, and the explanation was even worse. "If the refs don't see the challenge flag it wasn't challenged??? Terrible. Why they did away with the buzzers also I don't know, they say they malfunctioned a lot but that could have saved Miami tonight who knows.

I will say this, when we have to challenge I want to see Coach Linehan sprinting onto the field throwing that red challenge flag right at the ref, and even tackling him if need be. :l
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Miami did get robbed on that Heath Miller TD though. That was horrible, and the explanation was even worse. "If the refs don't see the challenge flag it wasn't challenged??? Terrible. Why they did away with the buzzers also I don't know, they say they malfunctioned a lot but that could have saved Miami tonight who knows.
    I'm not so sure about this. I don't think Pittsburgh would have had much problem punching it in from the one. And if Saban wants to challenge that, he's gotta throw the flag to get the ref's attention. Watching the replay he's looking right at the official with his back turned, and gives one of the weakest throws I've seen.

He should have thrown the flag out there the second that Miller hit the ground because the closest official actually had to defer to someone else off screen to see if it was a touchdown. That should have been the first clue. But he waited around and even then swung his arm on a few practice tosses before throwing the flag out behind the guy.

If you want the ref to see it, you've got to put it in a place where he's going to see it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm not so sure about this. I don't think Pittsburgh would have had much problem punching it in from the one. And if Saban wants to challenge that, he's gotta throw the flag to get the ref's attention. Watching the replay he's looking right at the official with his back turned, and gives one of the weakest throws I've seen.

He should have thrown the flag out there the second that Miller hit the ground because the closest official actually had to defer to someone else off screen to see if it was a touchdown. That should have been the first clue. But he waited around and even then swung his arm on a few practice tosses before throwing the flag out behind the guy.

If you want the ref to see it, you've got to put it in a place where he's going to see it, IMO.
    Well Pitt had a problem down by the goal line a series or 2 before that when Batch fumbled, and besides anything can happen. (Bettis fumbled last year on the goal line also etc)

Maybe he should have thrown it earlier, but he still threw it before the kick, so that point is moot. They got robbed, Saban did what he was supposed to. Why can't the NFL/referees look at the split screen view we saw showing he threw it before the kick, there's no reason for them to not look at that. Saban was not at fault whatsoever.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

That challenge was a bit strange to say the least. Sabin almost looked like he was trying make it without anyone seeing him. First hesitation, then an underhand toss a few yards onto the field without so much as a peep from the sideline. If Cower were making it, he would have fired it at the back of the closest officials head while yelling, screaming and stomping his feat. Sabin and I'm sure a few other coaches learned a valuable lesson on making challenges.

They got robbed, Saban did what he was supposed to.
    I think to say they got robbed is stretching it. Even if the play gets reviewed and overturned, Pittsburgh still has the ball on the one yard line with loads of momentum. Yes, anything can happen, but I think it's reasonable to assume that even if they don't punch it in for the touchdown they get three points from a field goal and tie the game. Culpepper still went on to throw two costly picks, so Miami had more than their fair chance to win this game and blew it.

As for Saban, with the buzzers gone, Saban has to know that he has to get the official's attention with the flag. He was on the fence about it until the very last minute, and then when he finally decides, he gives this halfhearted toss that's no where near where the official is looking. If it's going to be the coach's responsibility to control the challenges, then it should be the coach's responsibility to make sure their challenge is seen, IMO. Saban can't expect the officiating crew to constantly be watching him to see if he wants to challenge. They need to be watching the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast