Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Which other team(s) do you root for that you'd never tell your friends about?

Pretty much everyone here is a Rams fan, or at least I would hope so.

But my question to all of you is this:

Which other team(s) do you root for that you would never tell your friends about?

I, for instance am a closet Texans fan, I have no idea why, i've just always liked cheering for them guys.

You?

"There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

methodical_reaction is offline Registered User

Re: Which other team(s) do you root for that you'd never tell your friends about?

I don't really cheer for other teams, but there are several players that I love to watch. Michael Vick, Champ Bailey, Peyton Manning & Marvin Harrison, LT, Ray Lewis but I can't really call myself a fan of those teams. I guess I just enjoy watching any player that excels at the game, so much so that they alone can take over the matchup of which they are a part.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Re: Which other team(s) do you root for that you'd never tell your friends about?

I have no problem revealing my "other" team... And actually, I have two "other" teams.

My 1st team is of course, our Rams. I have followed them since I saw a game at the LA coliseum many, many, many years ago. I will confess though, I waivered a bit on if I wanted to continue to be Ram fan when they abandoned California and went indoors to St. Louis. I actually began to follow another California team at that time, because I wanted to pull for a team that was somewhat "local". ...and before you think it. NO! The Whiners were not a consideration. SO.....that left the Faiders and the Chargers. The Faiders are, well, look at my name. So, I'm a closet Charger fan because they are local, they play the hated Faiders twice a year, and as a bonus, they have the coolest uniforms ever in the NFL. (the old light blue with white helmets and gold lightning bolt) I am NOT a Charger fan though, when they play the Rams, as was the case a few weeks ago. If they move to LA/OC, as is the rumor, I could see myself as a season ticket holder.

Oh, and my second "other" team? ...anyone that plays the Faiders.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

I never tell my friends that im a Chargers Fan too...... that win they had against the Rams made me a bit less of a fan of the Chargers, I also like the Patriots, Steelers, and thats about it... Fan of the Steelers because of Hines Ward and BIG BEN!! Patriots fan cause of Tom Brady because He Played for the MICHIGAN WOLVERINES who are going to BEAT the OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Got a soft spot for the Browns.

thoey is offline Registered User

There are other teams? I thought they were all opponents?

This space for rent...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Really, There are only 3 teams I hate...Whiners, Raiders and Patriots. Of course on game day I hate who ever we are playing.

Rambos is online now Registered User

There are other teams? I thought they were all opponents?
    I hate all other teams, I don't really know why. I like to watch other teams lose after we win early on Sunday, I watch to see others go down!

I guess I like the team that is pulling off the bestest upset.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I don't root for any other teams, unless they can help the Rams by winning, but my 8 year old son has decided to become a Jaguars fan so I'm driving up to Jacksonville with him on Sunday to take him to his first Jags game.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

My preferences among other teams tend to fluctuate, which is why I wouldn't generally call myself a true fan of any of them. I like the Saints for having given us some really good games in the past and because it's hard not to feel for them after what the city and the team have been through. I'm also becoming more partial to the Jaguars because they keep drafting college players I liked (for example Matt Jones, Maurice Jones-Drew) and a couple years ago I was talking to my aunt about a wedding she had attended between another relative and this Samoan boy, and apparently there were a couple of guys in his family who had made it onto the Jaguars roster as linemen. I never did find out which players, so I have no idea if they're even in the NFL anymore much less on the team, but at least for a while I figured I had relatives by marriage to root for there. There was a time that I really enjoyed watching Ravens games not so much because I loved the team, but because Jamal Lewis would break runs that looked impossible while their defense was saving games the team had no business winning. A couple years ago, you'd see teams put everybody but the corners up in the box, and Lewis would still smash through for 40 yards.

I've also been a Peyton Manning fan ever since I saw him running a no huddle offense with a broken jaw wired shut back in 2001. At the time, his passer rating was probably somewhere in the mid-80s, but he got my admiration playing with that kind of grit. He'd take a jarring hit right against that broken jaw, get up and head back to the line.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I would have to say Pittsburg, Chicago and Baltimore. Not really fans of there's just like watching them play. Mostly because they have smash mouth game plans. Just run at the guy and make him hurt for playing chicken with you. That and I love watching these defenses at work. That and who ever is playing seattle.

Milan is offline Registered User

I'm a fan of any team that gives us a better chance to get into the playoffs.

(I.E Anyone facing Seattle, Arizona and San Francisco)

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

The thought of cheering for another team is ubsurd! Unfaithful in my estimation. Rams to me are like a wife, you can't just go out on her because she's gotten alittle pudgy!!!

Team adulterers regress, repent, and return to the team of your youth!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    The thought of cheering for another team is ubsurd! Unfaithful in my estimation. Rams to me are like a wife, you can't just go out on her because she's gotten alittle pudgy!!!

Team adulterers regress, repent, and return to the team of your youth!!!
    Amen brother! In the NFL I cheer for no one besides the Rams. I watch almost every game that is on and may want one team to beat another, but that is mostly because of picks I made for the week or fantasy football reasons.

I live north of Los Angeles, so all of the teams I root for are/were in L.A.

Football - Rams.

Baseball - Dodgers...Baseball as a whole has lost the appeal it once had for me...strikes, over paid crybabies, no team loyalty, etc.

Basketball - Lakers...I still like Shaq and do like to watch him and the Heat.

Hockey - Kings...Don't really follow hockey that much anymore.

Nascar - Kevin Harvick...Lived down the street from me until he left Bakersfield...gotta root for him.

But for some reason when it comes to college football, I HATE USC. I have been a Fighting Irish fan for as long as I can remember, (probably because the games were always on tv and being part Irish, I dig the mascot ) and love nothing more than watching ND beat USC. I'm still bitter that USC stole the win from ND when Bush pushed Leinhart into the endzone. I can't wait for the game next week.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -11-18-2006 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Added Nascar

bigredman is offline Registered User

Actually, anyone who knows me accepts the fact I'm not embarrassed to admit, do, or say anything.

Pro football - St. Louis Rams only
    College football - Notre Dame, Oregon Ducks, USC.
    Pro hockey - San Jose Sharks, Stockton Thunder.
    Baseball - Boston Red Socks and Dodgers.
    Pro Motorcycles - Ricky Carmichael
    Nascar - Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Michael Waltrip
    Indycar - Danica Patrick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast