Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: THE OWENS SAGA--As My Stomach Turns

If there was ever an example of the press grabbing a story and running with it to the extreme only to have to be pulled back into the world of realism, this would be it.

Though I admit if I was a star receiver who had Drew Bledsoe throwing to me, I'd probably be thinking about some alternative measures as well. ZING!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

This story could only have been better if it were the Raiders that signed him, instead of the Cowboys. Can you imagine what fun we could have had with TO, Moss, Shell, & Davis all together?

The man has some serious issues. What a shame that such physical talent is wrapped into such a screwed up head. :\
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

According to the police report (as posted by foxsports), Dallas Fire & Rescue were dispatched for an "attempted suicide". The publicist for Owens said a prescription of 40 pills was filled on the 18th, and only 5 pills had been taken before the incident. The bottle was empty at that point. When the police asked Owens if he had taken the rest of the prescription, he answered "yes". When asked if he was trying to hurt himself, he answered "yes".

Still sounds like a suicide attempt to me, or at least a cry for help. Surely if TO really wanted to kill himself, he could have found a more effective means of doing it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    According to the police report (as posted by foxsports), Dallas Fire & Rescue were dispatched for an "attempted suicide". The publicist for Owens said a prescription of 40 pills was filled on the 18th, and only 5 pills had been taken before the incident. The bottle was empty at that point. When the police asked Owens if he had taken the rest of the prescription, he answered "yes". When asked if he was trying to hurt himself, he answered "yes".

Still sounds like a suicide attempt to me, or at least a cry for help. Surely if TO really wanted to kill himself, he could have found a more effective means of doing it.
    When the people involved hold press conferences and make statements like "I don't remember", "I was out of it so I don't know what I said" and "that was a misunderstanding", it raises red flags for me. It will be interesting to hear what was actually said in the 911 call and if the missing 35 pills can be accounted for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12