Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Owens Trashes McNabb In New Book

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Sure. Yea him and I were best friends, duh.
    So what happened, why aren't you friends anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Chiledog is offline Registered User

"How can you hate someone who you don't know, and have never even talked to?
    Or are you holding out on us and didn't tell us that you two used to be friends."
    I think it is possible to hate someone without personally knowing them or having had a conversation with them. If we see or hear of someone acting in a way that is hurtful or detrimental to others, can we not hate them for that? I give you Adolph Hitler and Osama bin Laden as two examples.

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    I think it is possible to hate someone without personally knowing them or having had a conversation with them. If we see or hear of someone acting in a way that is hurtful or detrimental to others, can we not hate them for that? I give you Adolph Hitler and Osama bin Laden as two examples.

This can go on and on...Hitler and Osama, we don't hate them, we hate their actions.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog

That's a huge stretch to compare pro athlete Owens to Hitler or Bin Laden. Hitler and Bin Laden are mass murderers. Owens is a big mouth with an attitude problem. Hate is a strong word, and all we really know about Owens is that he is a jerk in his football life. We know little, if nothing at all about his personal life. Is that reason enough to hate him? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I think the man lost his way somewhere. After the catch vs Greenbay which some dub the catch 2 he cried. He was a modest young man who looked up to the veterans for advice. It seemed after Rice left he turned. I think maybe he fealt he had to showcase himself now that he was the main receiver. His work ethic is maybe the best in the NFL he has been known to go to the gym after games. He is one of the best talents the league has ever seen.

Now though he has become a side show freak. His antics have been disruptive to the teams he has played for and even teams he did not play for. Just ask the Ravens what they think of him.

If he had been a good team player in SF and did not talk all the trash he did when he left then I would have my doubts about McNabb. Garcia was a pretty quiet guy and worked hard to acheive his success he did not deserve the crap. Then he does it again to next qb? He is always looking to blame somebody else. My dad always taught us that it was our fault first. What did I do to help make matters worse or better? I tell you it keep's you humble and makes life alot easier.When you go through life playing the blame game you will never be truley happy because you will never deal with your own emotions. So do I hate the guy? No. Do I doubt that I would like to spend any part of my life hanging with the guy? Hell yeah!!!
    LET'S GO DODGERS

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

I am so glad the trash was set to the curb. Did anyone read his last book where he cut down the niners? He says at the end of the book that history would not repeat itself and he would prove it... guess what, the ****in jackarse proved it alright.

Opinion only: He is a very talented wide-receiver but how much are you willing to risk to have him. One thing to always remember, there is no "I" in team. T.O. has a problem. He needs to be the center of attention probably due to the lack of it as a child. The man needs therapy.

A side point. It cracks me up how in the book he indicated that he and McNabb were confrontational in the Locker room yet on interviews he says how McNabb is no leader. Taking a stand against someone who feels they need to have the ball every freaking down indicates to me that he was setting an example and putting things right. Being a leader.
    Sounds to me like T.O.'s talking out his ass and eating his own ****.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12