MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Pacman on the radio ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...hat?print=true

Pacman joins Michael Irvin for radio chat
    Associated Press

Updated: March 25, 2008, 1:19 PM EST

Adam "Pacman" Jones spent time Tuesday with someone who knows what it's like to be an NFL outcast.

The troubled cornerback, suspended from the NFL and unlikely to rejoin the Tennessee Titans if he gets to play again, was a guest on Michael Irvin's three-hour radio show amid speculation he could become the Dallas Cowboys' next reclamation project.

Jones discussed his six arrests since being drafted, his chances for reinstatement and where he might end up if he gets the OK from commissioner Roger Goodell.

Irvin, a former Cowboys star, jeopardized his eventual Pro Football Hall of Fame induction with sordid off-the-field problems involving strippers and substance abuse. Irvin once admitted that he thought his actions cost Dallas at least one Super Bowl, if not more.

"I think he's more comfortable knowing I've gone through some stuff," Irvin said.

Jones was the first defensive player drafted in 2005 with the sixth pick out of West Virginia, and he was Tennessee's best defender in 2005 and 2006.

But Goodell suspended Jones for the 2007 season for his off-field conduct. Jones settled the last of his criminal charges Feb. 14 by entering a plea to obstruction of a police officer in Georgia, which left him with a felony conviction.

Jones had agreed to stay out of strip clubs, but went to an Atlanta club Jan. 3, prompting Goodell to send Jones a letter in February barring him from working out at Titans headquarters. The commissioner also said Jones would be reconsidered for reinstatement before training camp.

Jones told Irvin that he's working hard to make good decisions, including steering clear of some relatives he grew up with.

"It's like I'm on a cliff right now. Any slip-up and I'm off the cliff," said Jones, who said his relatives understand that he needs to "separate himself" from some people in his past.

Jones' suspension can't stop the Titans from trading him, which is where the Cowboys speculation comes in. Titans coach Jeff Fisher has repeatedly said that the team has "moved on" in regard to Jones.

The Cowboys have had a measure of success bringing in players with troubled pasts. The best example is current receiver Terrell Owens.

After his stormy tenure in Philadelphia ended with a suspension and release, he came to Dallas and has been one of the league's most productive receivers the past two seasons.

The Cowboys trace much of their Super Bowl success in the 1990s to plucking unhappy pass rusher Charles Haley out of San Francisco.

There has been much discussion of P. Jones the last few weeks. As some of you know I have not been in favor of spending a draft pick for him for reasons already stated. I didn't get to hear the interview, but from what he is purported to have said during the interview, it sounds like Pacman might be starting to see the light. I really hope so. It would be a great thing if this young man could turn his life around off the field. I wish him well ..

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Pacman on the radio ...

[QUOTE=Pacman joins Michael Irvin for radio chat
    QUOTE]

two pillars of the community there.....

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Joking aside,is always good to see someone become a better person...should that actually happen!

jkramsfan Guest

actions speak louder than words, he can say anything on the radio,lets see if he backs it up.

Ramer Guest

I agree with jkramsfan, lets see if he can back his words! Honestly, with his track record, I don't believe him!

Keenum is offline Registered User

Hopefully he is turning the corner.
    The kid has some elite skills that come natural (speed, feel for the game, etc...) and could become a great CB for a team willing to take a risk.