Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RockinRam

Thread: Palmer to Raiders for two 1st round picks!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Palmer to Raiders for two 1st round picks!

Al Davis is alive! Or his spirit is compelling Mike Brown to do his bidding. Either way the Raiders give the Bengals exactly what they were dreaming of when they refused to cut Carson Palmer. Cincinatti landed Oakland's 1st round draft pick in 2012, and also their 2013 1st round pick should Palmer win a playoiff game this year for the Raiders, otherwise it's a 2nd rounder in 2013.

The best part of this trade to me is that it leaves the Raiders without a pick in the first four rounds next year, thtree of which were traded away for quarterbacks. The 3rd rounder was for Terelle Pryor in the supplemental draft, the 4th for Jason Campbell, and the 2nd was traded to the Patsies for 2 picks in this years draft.

And what might possibly be even funnier is that Marvin Lewis had said that they were willing to give up Palmer for a 2nd rounder only. Gotta love Oakland over-paying for an over-hyped player yet again. It's gotta suck to be a Raider fan today.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Palmer to Raiders for two 1st round picks!

I was in shock when I got the news. So happy our FO doesn't make decisions like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Absolutely nuts. Classic Choaktown knee-jerk, act without thinking move. At least the Faiders won't have to worry about giving up their first round pick in 2013.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Classic Al-Davis move, all the more impressive that he's no longer in the realm of the living.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

This leads me to think was it really Al Davis pulling all those dumb moves or do the FO have meetings where they have a huge hukha and just blaze all day discussing what they should do?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If the Bengals can get a first round pick in 2012 and a second or first round pick in 2013 for Carson Palmer, imagine what a team picking first overall could get in a trade package for Andrew Luck. Three first round picks? Plus more?

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

I was happy to hear that the Raiders traded for Carson Palmer. This team is up and coming, but hat were they thinking two first round picks.

Talk about over paying. Whos decision was that, even one first round pick was overpaying. I cant believe they gave up two. I think a second round pick would have been good enough. Unfortunatly this is another knee jerk reaction and a classic Raider move.

I for one am happy that the Rams F.O does not make panic moves like this one.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Rams Fan View Post
    Whos decision was that
    Hue Jackson running the Raiders
    Edited on: October 18, 2011 1:17 pm
    Mike Freeman
    CBS Sports

There was little doubt that up until his death Al Davis was still running the Oakland Raiders. Every signing, every move, every thought process went through him. When he died, there were questions about who would run the team.

We now know for certain, according to sources inside the team and in the NFL, that Hue Jackson has complete control of all personnel decisons involving the Raiders.

Team executive Amy Trask is handling certain aspects of the team but, for now, Jackson is the guy making practically all of the football decisions for the Raiders on and off the field. I'm told that will continue for the imeediate future, probably through the season.

It's a stunning turn for the Raiders. A rookie head coach is now running the football operations of one of the most historic franchises in all of sports, replacing a legend.
    It's worth noting that Jackson was a coordinator at USC while Palmer was there for two years, then coached wide receivers in Cincinnati for three years while Palmer was there. So it sounds like Jackson got control and immediately went out and got "his guy," no matter the cost.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If the Bengals can get a first round pick in 2012 and a second or first round pick in 2013 for Carson Palmer, imagine what a team picking first overall could get in a trade package for Andrew Luck. Three first round picks? Plus more?
    Lets hope we can find out. I'd actually love if we set up a deal with a team before the draft (if we had the first pick). We take Luck for them, they give us a 1st, 2nd, next years 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'd be willing to do that I guess .

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Lets hope we can find out. I'd actually love if we set up a deal with a team before the draft (if we had the first pick). We take Luck for them, they give us a 1st, 2nd, next years 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'd be willing to do that I guess .
    IF and if we do suck that bad I'd love that deal in a heartbeat! I doubt it would happen!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Extremely bold move by Hue Jackson.? I hope his over exuberance doesn't cost the Raiders in the long run.? I honestly feel the Raiders do not care for No.1 draft picks , so its no big deal to them.
    The Raiders got their man to lead them to the promised land, lets wait and see.?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

So what do they do now with Jason Campbell and Terrell Pryor? Too much mediocre talent.

The Bengals are going to have so much talent in the next couple years. Franchise QB, WRs, AND TE already, they are set to dominate. I wonder who they're going to draft. Matt Kalil might make sense to keep Dalton alive. Justin Blackmon? Oh god.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.