Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Panthers and Clausen

A lot of people are talking about the Panthers picking Luck with their #1 pick even though they got Clausen last year.

Is Luck going to be able to do much better surrounded by the same talent? If they could find a trade partner wouldn't they be better served trying to get more picks and building around Clausen?

I know Bradford has made a huge impact but I wonder sometimes what would have happened if he was drafted before DeSpags addressed the lines.

Even though we had terrible luck with our receivers I think the Rams did a good job of not putting the cart before the horse.

So should the Panthers go for Luck?

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Re: Panthers and Clausen

That would benefit us a lot seeing that it can increase our chances of getting A.J. Green. Let them do what they want in the draft, as long as we can strike gold with what brings us closer to a top tier team.

Remember, its every team for themselves.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    A lot of people are talking about the Panthers picking Luck with their #1 pick even though they got Clausen last year.

Is Luck going to be able to do much better surrounded by the same talent? If they could find a trade partner wouldn't they be better served trying to get more picks and building around Clausen?

I know Bradford has made a huge impact but I wonder sometimes what would have happened if he was drafted before DeSpags addressed the lines.

Even though we had terrible luck with our receivers I think the Rams did a good job of not putting the cart before the horse.

So should the Panthers go for Luck?
    If he does, in fact, come out, the Panthers will most assuredly select Andrew Luck. Their new coach will want to start with his guy at QB, not unlike Spags and Sam.

Also, the Panthers have addressed their OL. They've got J. Gross and traded up for J. Otah (who has been hurt all season). Throw in a tremendous running game with Williams and Stewart and I believe that all they need is a new gun behind center.

Oh, and they definitely need to upgrade the WR position as Steve Smith can't do it all by himself.

They would be completely nuts if they passed on Luck.

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Luck is an outstanding quarterback prospect, and if the Panthers have the first pick in the draft, they should take him. Carolina will likely have a new head coach in 2011, one that isn't married to Jimmy Clausen. Plus, the investment in Clausen isn't large since he was a second round pick.

I think the only way Carolina passes on Andrew Luck with the first pick in the draft is if (1) they're able to strike the ever-elusive trade down deal with another team who wants Luck, or (2) Luck simply doesn't declare for the 2011 draft, forcing Carolina to take someone else.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

So, for the Panthers, its the Luck or the Irish.