Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Patriots Are Showing Their Guilt, And The NFL Doesn't Want To See The Proof

Why would the Patriots care what Walsh has after Belicheat openly admitted to Goodell that the Patriots have been taping opponents since 2000? If Walsh produces evidence, Belicheat will just reiterate his claim that he thought it was legal. Goodell must be pulling his hair out.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: The Patriots Are Showing Their Guilt, And The NFL Doesn't Want To See The Proof

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Why would the Patriots care what Walsh has after Belicheat openly admitted to Goodell that the Patriots have been taping opponents since 2000? If Walsh produces evidence, Belicheat will just reiterate his claim that he thought it was legal. Goodell must be pulling his hair out.
    We don't need Walsh for the defensive signal taping, we need him for taping the closed practice/walkthorugh. The Pats care because taping a closed practice/walkthrough right before the Superbowl really raises the cheating bar. Belicheat can't just say oh I thought taping closed practices/walkthorughs was legal also. Even if he does it just won't fly like the signal taping did. It should also mean more penalties/fines at the very least for the Pats, so they care.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -02-16-2008 at 07:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Thanks general counsel and avengerram for providing us with real clan lawyers to help us understand what they are doing with Walsh.

You would think that Goodell and the NFL would want to get to the bottom of this issue and resolve it, but they do seem more interested in sweeping it under the rug. They look guilty of something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    We don't need Walsh for the defensive signal taping, we need him for taping the closed practice/walkthorugh. The Pats care because taping a closed practice/walkthrough right before the Superbowl really raises the cheating bar. Belicheat can't just say oh I thought taping closed practices/walkthorughs was legal also. Even if he does it just won't fly like the signal taping did. It should also mean more penalties/fines at the very least for the Pats, so they care.
    I hope you're right, but my impression is that Belicheat is trying to diffuse any and all taping issues with the "I thought it was legal" excuse. In any case, this story continues to get a lot of traction and seems to be gaining momemtum, regardless of how much the NFL wants it to go away.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I can only presume that the reference to antitrust is a suggestion that free trade/competition has been interfered with by virtue of the combined actions of the Patriots and the NFL.
    Thanks AV.

As far as Walsh producing any tapes as evidence, all Beli-ache will do is deny he ordered Walsh to do it. After all once a liar and cheat, always a liar and cheat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12