Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Pats star linebacker Bruschi won't play this season

Pats star linebacker Bruschi won't play this season

New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi will sit out this season because of a stroke he suffered two weeks after helping the Patriots win their third Super Bowl in four years.

"Tedy ... has declared his intentions to forgo the 2005 campaign," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said in a statement. "The Bruschi family wanted to express their heartfelt appreciation for the tremendous outpouring of support they have received from fans throughout New England and others around the country."

The Patriots, coming off their third Super Bowl victory in the past four seasons, open training camp July 29 and must decide then if they will put Bruschi on the active roster.

Bruschi suffered the stroke over five months ago, just days after appearing in his first Pro Bowl.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

Re: Pats star linebacker Bruschi won't play this season

Its a bad thing for pat fans but, its not like belichick didn't plan for this. I mean he did sign some backup players during the offseason. The biggest question mark for the pats is the loss of their coordinators this season.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Has anyone ever talked about how such a young guy in good shape could have a stroke? It seems weird to me....but I am a slight conspiracy theorist... :smoke:

some people were claiming that bruschi was on steroids, but if that was the case then the nfl would have investigagted long ago.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Roids a possibility, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Ephedra type of stuff. Regardless I hope the guy recovers. As much as I hate the anyone who ever beats the Rams, especially in the Superbowl, I always hate see to people taken out by injuries...even more so with serious ones such as a stroke. Godspeed to him in his recovery, eace:

Joe

I hope to see him play again next year, thank god I saved those last games he played in the playoffs, that is against the colts, steelers, as well as the eagles.

Marshall1 is offline Registered User

eace: I hope that he can return someday, but a stroke is pretty serious. I hope him and his family well. And if he does come back I hope it is not with those Patties.
    "Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

too shae, just can't wait till the football season starts either way.

pats1 is offline Registered User

Tedy Bruschi is not on steriods. He had a common heart disorder from birth (http://www.stayinginshape.com/3osfcorp/libv/h23.shtml)
    and a blood clot developed which traveled through that hole and caused the stroke. Blood clots develop normally in the body, but there is also speculation that Bruschi's flight to/from the Pro Bowl 10 days before the stroke, since long airplane rides are thought to cause clots, created the clot which caused the stroke.

A few weeks after the stroke, Tedy had heart surgery to repair that hole. (http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ruschis_heart/) Because of that, many speculated he was at no further risk for a stroke. But since he is a family man he wanted to play things safe.

Just think about it. Compare McGwire's or Bonds' personality to Bruschi's. That's right. Is Tedy a huge man? No. Was he ever skinnier? Nope.

I'm disgusted with the classless accusation put out by those tasteless conspirators.

On a seperate note:

I've been loving all of the writers, trolls, and idiots come out this week and make the Bruschi decision fuel for their Pats-demise fires. Whoever writes a story today or tomorrow saying that the Pats will lose because of this should be fired!

Why do people feel that the Pats are surprised by this move and caught off their guard?

They knew this would probably happen for 5 months!! Longer for the coordinators!

This team is A LOT more than Tedy Bruschi. EVERY player on this team plays with the heart radiated down from KRAFT, BELICHICK, and PIOLI, not just Bruschi.

Bruschi will be with the team in every phase except the actual games, when he will be practically a coach on the sidelines. In the locker room, his traditional motivation will be present. In the meeting room, his experience will be present.

I find it hilarious how everyone suddenly comes out now and says the Patriots can't win, when nothing essentially has changed since February.

Tedy Bruschi isn't the Patriots. Nobody is the Patroits. The Patriots are an intelligent cohesive group of men working towards perfection.

Team chemistry will be just fine this year. Just ask the Colts and America's wonderboy after Randall Gay, Asante Samuel, Earthwind Moreland, and Troy Brown shut them down. (Of course in conjuction with the rest of the team and coaching staff)
    Last edited by pats1; -07-23-2005 at 08:58 PM.

I mean no one thought they would have won their first superbowl, I mean people have picked against the patriots for the last four years.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, Im just hoping bruschi will be with the team in some capacity.