Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Pats still cheating as much as possible

What a surprise, they're guilty. So Goodell wants to send a message and put an end to this kind of stuff? I know what I would do, take the victory away from them and give it to the Jets.

dramswin13 is offline Registered User

The Cheating Pats go back to at least Superbowl 36. They had to be cheating then.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Hang them upside down by their toenails and flog them publicly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Someone on a General NFL board I visit had an interesting theory.

Dallas QB coach Wade Wilson was recently suspended and fined for taking substances that are on the banned substance list. So the league went after the coach for his wrong-doing.

Its incredibly unlikely that Belichick didn't know about this or sign off on it. If that's the case, could the Wilson ruling give Goodell the precedent to suspend/fine Belichick? I wonder...

Chances are it'll just be the loss of draft picks, maybe a first day pick.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

They were talking about it on NFL Network and they brought up the possibility of fines, losing draft picks, or even holding them out of the playoffs. I would not be opposed to suspending Belicheck if they find real evidence.

I don't think they can go back in time to fix anything so don't get too excited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

No surprise they were caught cheating. I can only hope that Goodell lays the hammer down on them hard, like he has been doing with individual players.

Loss of some high draft picks works for me.

I would like to see them be held out of the playoffs also, but that just isn't realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Well, when OU was found guilty of "failing to monitor" their players and two of the kids got jobs where they didn't have to work, the NCAA ordered all the team's wins that season erased. Realistically, the most I think we could hope for is that they lose some draft picks. But if the league did uncover evidence that they've been doing this for more than the last two years, I think a similar response would be justifiable.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    No surprise they were caught cheating. I can only hope that Goodell lays the hammer down on them hard, like he has been doing with individual players.

Loss of some high draft picks works for me.

I would like to see them be held out of the playoffs also, but that just isn't realistic.
    Whatever Goodell decides he has to becareful that he doesn't penalize the Patriots players. This is all on the Owner and Headcoach in my opinion.

Rambos is offline Registered User

How about they don't get the win! To me the message is sent, it ok to cheat, it won't cost you what you gain! So what if we lose a draft pick next year, we are going to the show this year.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I agree they shouldn't get the win, but I was reading an article on ESPN where the guy was saying how they will lose draft picks but he doesn't think it takes anything away from Billicheck being a great coach. It made me want to puke. The media and the NFL loves the Pat's. They will get a slap on the hand, which is losing a 2nd round draft pick next year, or worse case a 2nd and a 5th.... Big Deal.

Shouldn't the NFL conduct a search of this guys house to see what other footage he has on tape? Or the Pats office?

Guaranteed that the fact that we played the Pats in the regular season in 1999, they knew our signals in the Superbowl. If someone has that regular season game recorder, please go through it and see if this guy is on their sideline trying to get pictures of our signals and send it to the media.

JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING: HOW ABOUT AN ASTERISK BY THEIR SUPERBOWL WINS!!!
    Last edited by renrawtruk; -09-12-2007 at 12:25 PM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Can we still call this team a dynasty or did their reputation "die nasty"
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

This just broke on a local television station here in the Boston area.

Pats Coach Apologizes For Spying Flap.

A tight-lipped N.E. Patriots coach Bill Belichick apologized Wednesday amid accusations his team spied on the NY Jets during last weekend's seasoni opening game.
    (by the way Belichick is always tight-lipped)
    At a morning news conference in Foxboro,Ma., Belichick released a brief prepared statement, saying "Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league's decision, I will have further comment.
    not
    Belichick was scheduled to answer to league officials regarding the matter on Friday. He said that he still hasn't been given any indication what the NFL intends to do about the alleged infraction, while indicating that he may have misunderstood what the league allowed.

"Earlier this week, I spoke with Commissioner Goodell about a videotaping procedure during last Sunday's game and my interpretation of the rules. At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling," Belichick said.

****************************************************************""The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be used in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said in a statement from spokeman Greg Aiello. Teams have specifically been reminded in the past that the videotaping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals on the sidelines is prohibited."

Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who prides himself on the team's squeaky clean image, had little to say about the controversy.

"There is an investigation going on now, and perhaps an adjudication of it, and I think it would be in appropriate at this time to make any comment," Kraft said.

"When you're successful in anything, a lot of people like to try to take you down and do different things. We understand that," said Kraft.
    Last edited by laram0; -09-12-2007 at 04:11 PM.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

So typical, as I stated.....just saw the headline:

"Belicheck's Pats cheated, but culprit is NFL system"

First of all "Belicheck's Pats" implies the team, not Belicheck cheated, and the real culprit is the NFL system?

what a Freeking joke. They are all in bed with this guy or something.

Think if this were Martz that they found cheating with the Lions. The GSOT would be ruined in the media. With Belicheat (thanks for this one Rammer!), they try to shift the focus to the NFL....#)(*&@#)$(*@&#$)(*

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    "When you're successful in anything, a lot of people like to try to take you down and do different things. We understand that," said Kraft.
    Yeah! Like successful at cheating!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Belichick was scheduled to answer to league officials regarding the matter on Friday. He said that he still hasn't been given any indication what the NFL intends to do about the alleged infraction, while indicating that he may have misunderstood what the league allowed.
    Is he kidding? Misunderstood what the league allowed? What they allow is NOTHING as far as video cameras. It can't be much clearer than that. This is a guy who got caught red handed cheating and is now playing stupid. Does he really think anyone will buy this garbage. Pathetic.

Um, no, when you're caught blatantly cheating, you'll be called on it. Kraft acts like this is some sort of right wing conspiracy aimed at the Patriots just because they're successful? Another idiot playing stupid. I guess I should expect this from an organization that specializes in doublespeak, denials and slight of hand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast