Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

PFT: "Kurt looks like krap."

KURT LOOKS LIKE KRAP

Early word out of Giants camp is that presumptive opening day starting quarterback Kurt Warner has looked rough thus far in his training camp performances.

A league source says that Warner's oft-injured hand seems to still be bothering him. We predict that, once he's facing live fire behind the team's rebuilding offensive live, Warner's oft-scrambled eggs will be served up with a side of IR.

The real question, as we see it, is the length of the leash that coach Tom Coughlin will attach to Warner, if he indeed has the ball in his hands on opening day at Philadelphia. Ironically, it was opening day in Philly three years ago when Warner's deal with the devil first showed signs of wear -- and it was Week One in New York last season when Warner got sent to the bench permanently in St. Louis, thanks to a barrage of body blows from his new team's defense.
    Questionable source, but I thought it was worth having a look at.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: PFT: "Kurt looks like krap."

"k"urt looks like "K"rap. That's funny. I wonder how long it took the questionable source to figure that one out.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    "k"urt looks like "K"rap. That's funny. I wonder how long it took the questionable source to figure that one out.

Whether or not he looks good in camp, I can't imagine him surviving very long behind that crappy O-Line.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Questionable source or not, I don't think it surprises anyone here.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Kurt had his moments of glory. I'm very glad that they were with the Rams. However, all those hits in the Arena League and the NFL have taken it's toll.

Thanks for the memories Kurt, hope you have a terrific financial advisor.

For those of you who want a more in-depth look, NFL Live will be covering Giants training camp tomorrow on ESPN.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Its krazy to be konvinced that kurrent reports of krappy play in kamp kan be konsidered a klear indication of the kwality of the upkoming season that Kurt is kertain to have.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Its krazy to be konvinced that kurrent reports of krappy play in kamp kan be konsidered a klear indication of the kwality of the upkoming season that Kurt is kertain to have.
    Stop making me spit out my beverage, dude!

NFL Live reports that Eli Manning is working half of each day with the first team. Sean Salsbury reports that Manning appears to have his finger on the pulse of the starting QB job in New York. Manning says he's trying to learn from Kurt and while they're competing, they're also helping each other out. Manning says his goal is to start as a rookie, but he won't be disappointed if he doesn't.

Ditka says that he expects Manning to start right away. Manning is well bred and that the Giants should put Manning in the game and let him get his feet wet right off the bat. Salsbury and Ditka agree that if Warner loses 3-4 games, he has to be taken out and replaced by Manning. Ditka says Marino, Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman all got in and played immediately and learned in action and that's why Ditka would put Manning in now. Salsbury said that you've got Warner, a two time MVP, who you can go ahead and let start first, but Trey Wingo countered by saying if Warner was still that caliber of player, he wouldn't be in New York.

Eh, no real answers.

More commentary on Warner from NFL Live.

Trey Wingo, Sean Salsbury, and Mike Ditka, once again. What to make of Kurt Warner now with the Giants? Andrea Kramer sits down with Kurt. Kurt says when he talked to Martz after the season, everyone was under the impression that Kurt was coming back to be a Ram and that he would complete, if not be the starter, for the Rams.

Kurt says that it's hard to say what changed to cause his release. There was injury and time Kurt wasn't on the field, and Marc had some great success, as long as some other factors. He said he wished he could get ahold of something to tell him why he was released (to note, Kurt didn't mention his poor play at all as a possibility).

Warner said that things don't last forever with an organization (sites Montana and Rice), and he thinks there were outside factors, and says his religious beliefs didn't play a role. From day one, everyone knew what came first for him and everyone might not have believed the same but it didn't divide the team.

Warner says he feels great, no hand or head problems. Is in better shape than he's ever been in. Says he viewed things as a year to year basis since Eli is in NY. He knows Eli is the man of the future, but he's looking at this year. Kurt said he doesn't want to step aside this season for Eli to come in -- he wants to play the full season, and he wants to win a championship. Said he'd love to finish his career as a Giant.

Ditka talked to Coughlin and says Coughlin wants leadership out of Warner, but Ditka questions whether Kurt can provide that. Ditka says Warner's felt the pressure recently and often danced around in the pocket. Salsbury wants to believe Warner still has it and holds down the fort at least immediately. Says Warner won't be a leader if he doesn't win games.

Wingo says Kurt can't be the player he was with the Rams, but can he be a different guy for NY? Ditka says he can't be as effective as he was in St Louis because it's a different offense with fewer weapons. Salsbury says he doesn't have the Rams so he has to be an accurate and reliable passer.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Ditka says Marino, Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman all got in and played immediately and learned in action and that's why Ditka would put Manning in now.
    With the exception of Elway, none of those players really improved their team during their rookie campaign. Does Ditka think that New Yorkers will stand for another 4-12 season?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    With the exception of Elway, none of those players really improved their team during their rookie campaign. Does Ditka think that New Yorkers will stand for another 4-12 season?
    I think his point was that here are some of the league's best QBs from the last couple decades, and while they might have all struggled during their rookie year, it helped them move on to better success later in their careers. Perhaps I didn't articulate that too well in my summary.

Said he'd love to finish his career as a Giant.
    Yea, I know. He's gone and Marc's the guy. Fine. Go 10 and Go Rams.
    But this statement still gives me an ill feeling.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I think his point was that here are some of the league's best QBs from the last couple decades, and while they might have all struggled during their rookie year, it helped them move on to better success later in their careers. Perhaps I didn't articulate that too well in my summary.
    No I understand your point. I'm just making the point that NYers may not have the patience to wait around while young Manning learns the ropes.

I agree. Hearing Warner say he'd love to finish his career as a Giant is a hard pill to swallow.

Anyways, I see what you're saying. New York is a high pressure city. I have to wonder though how many realistic New Yorkers think the Giants will be a Super Bowl contender this year, with Gibbs back in Washington, with Parcells in Dallas with his man starting, and with Terrell Owens giving McNabb a target in Philly.

When I look at that division, I don't see the Giants in either of the top two positions in the East. Based on that, I can see Ditka's point about getting Eli in there and getting him used to competition in the NFL so he can get experienced as fast as possible. I guess we'll see with Carson Palmer if holding him out a year and letting him learn on the bench was beneficial or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast