RamWraith is offline Registered User

PFW Top 10 '07 Free Agents

Bob Sanders would be first on my wish list. Atogwe and Sanders would be huge in my book. Someone to actually compliment his skills.

Nov. 13, 2007

Not all free agents are created equal. In the cutthroat world of the NFL, some are looked on as franchise cornerstones, while others are merely footnotes on a transactions page. From athletic marvels to legal deviants to consummate professionals, no two players offer an identical package. As voted on by the PFW editors, here are the 10 most intriguing free agents-to-be, all of whom bear following as the season progresses.

1. WR Randy Moss, New England Patriots

New England won’t shell out top dollar for Moss, but he may decide to remain with the Pats, regardless.

2. SS Bob Sanders, Indianapolis Colts

Look no further than a healthy Sanders as the biggest reason for the Colts’ defensive turnaround.

3. DT Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee Titans

Vilified in 2006 for cleating Andre Gurode’s face, Haynesworth is now abusing O-linemen the right way.

4. CB Asante Samuel , New England Patriots

Immune to being franchised again, Samuel will have a hoard of suitors longing for his signature.

5. LB Lance Briggs, Chicago Bears

Equally abusive to ballcarriers and automobiles, Briggs has been better than teammate Brian Urlacher in ’07.

6. RB Michael Turner, San Diego Chargers

LaDainian Tomlinson’s understudy is too explosive to remain a No. 2 option in San Diego.

7. OG Alan Faneca, Pittsburgh Steelers

Faneca didn’t get the extension he was seeking in Pittsburgh, so it’s nearly certain he’s gone in 2008.

8. TE Dallas Clark, Indianapolis Colts

The versatile Clark is a better bet to receive a long-term deal in Indy than teammate Bob Sanders.

9. LB Terrell Suggs, Baltimore Ravens

Despite sagging sack numbers, Suggs is on pace to set a career high in tackles.

10. CB Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders

Rarely tested by opposing quarterbacks, Asomugha has yet to nab an interception after eight picks in ’06.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: PFW Top 10 '07 Free Agents

I can only echo Wraith. From this list anyway, Sanders should be job 1.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I can only echo Wraith. From this list anyway, Sanders should be job 1.
    Agree completely Bob Sanders is exactly what this team needs at safety and must make a run at attempting to sign him...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Sanders and/or Faneca.....

39thebeast is offline Registered User

SANDERS BTW he is a FS that plays like SS. I doubt the colts would let their defense leave (Sanders) or if he wants to leave. We need him im confident he could make almost any team a top 10 defense go get him FO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

As far as impact defensive players in the NFL, Sanders has few equals. I can only dream about getting him.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I can not see Faneca. After this season and the amount of free agent signings we have had on the line and all the experiences they are gaining this season and getting so many people back, we damn well better be able to find a decent combination of players without breaking the bank for another lineman. We should have 10 to 12 experienced vets on this line next year not including the draft.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    SANDERS BTW he is a FS that plays like SS. I doubt the colts would let their defense leave (Sanders) or if he wants to leave. We need him im confident he could make almost any team a top 10 defense go get him FO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    The Colts have been known to let good players go from time to time relying on the development of their younger players. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. If he hits the market, we should make sure we're his first--and only--visit after free agency starts.

The addition of Faneca would really bolster our line. Incognito and Setterstrom aren't really bad players, but Faneca would be an upgrade over either.

Asomugha and Samuel are very good players, but I would expect both to be asking top dollar. Likewise Briggs. Any of them would strengthen the D, but the question would be whether we'd be willing to pass up the opportunity to bring in one of the other free agents to pick up one of these guys if that's what it would take.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Rams won't spend top dollar on the defense. They don't know how.

Now, if Sanders was a TE or WR.......

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I can not see Faneca. After this season ... we damn well better be able to find a decent combination of players without breaking the bank for another lineman.
    I, too, consider Faneca too expensive to bring in with our other high dollar concerns (though if the money is right, I'm all for Faneca). However, to say so is assuming that our top two guards (both on IR) are going to return 100%. If we go into next August with any combination of Brown, Leckey, Goldberg, as our starting guards, then Faneca becomes more of a need and less of a luxury.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    The Colts have been known to let good players go from time to time relying on the development of their younger players. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. If he hits the market, we should make sure we're his first--and only--visit after free agency starts.
    They don't let big time defensive play makers and guys who relay effect their game on D example Bob Sanders. BTW Tony Dungy is a defensive coach and he know his guys who he needs are. On the other hand both their starting guards are up for FA and their line doesn't give up sacks so their is a chance Sanders could slip away, because they will prioritize keeping Peyton 5 million commercials Manning upright.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Sanders is by far their defensive MVP, but the Colts better than anyone always seem to have a backup that is ready to start. It was proven last year when Bethea came in aside Sanders, and again this year with both corners and a linebacker. The question is, do they have another safety ready to go, or will they pay to keep the young, but injury prone Sanders. Always remember... he gets hurt alot!