RamWraith is offline Registered User

Pickett causing waves in Title Town

LOL

Packers | Pickett still missing
    Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:15:08 -0700

Todd Rosiak, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers DT Ryan Pickett continues to skip the team's voluntary workouts.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: Pickett causing waves in Title Town

So, will the packers get years of underachievment followed by a good contract year?

rams! is offline Registered User

Is he serious? He should be glad a team even signed him.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams!
    Is he serious? He should be glad a team even signed him.
    Especially the deal that they gave him!
    RamsFan16

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Pickett had a solid year last year and played well two years ago. He deserved that money. He was just stuck on a terrible defense here in STL.

It's funny, last time I checked, VOLUNTARY and MANDATORY meant two different things. If a team wants you there, why make it voluntary?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Pickett had a solid year last year and played well two years ago. He deserved that money. He was just stuck on a terrible defense here in STL.

It's funny, last time I checked, VOLUNTARY and MANDATORY meant two different things. If a team wants you there, why make it voluntary?
    its more of a curdesy thing than anything else, I know what you're saying, its just ehh, its like the right thing to do, its just having manners.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    And on top of that, it's a voluntary workout. Not a practice, not a camp of some sort. But a workout.

You know, I was listening to Tiki and Ronde Barber's Sirius Radio show last night, and they talked about how worthless these things are and how they'll likely be phased out. You've got dozens of guys, many of which won't even make the team, all sharing the machines and what not.

They say players tend not to bond at this time, because you don't know if the guy you're becoming friends with is going to be cut the next day. They also said players actually prefer to work out with their own trainers or in their own settings where they're more comfortable, there isn't a crowd, and they can address what they need to address.

I just don't see what kind of story there is on a guy wanting to work out somewhere else. I don't go to the gym because it's crowded and I like working out myself. Maybe I don't see a problem because I can relate to it.

That being said, if he's going to do his own thing, then it's his responsibility that it actually gets done. He'll be letting people down if he comes in out of shape or unfit.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    And on top of that, it's a voluntary workout. Not a practice, not a camp of some sort. But a workout.

You know, I was listening to Tiki and Ronde Barber's Sirius Radio show last night, and they talked about how worthless these things are and how they'll likely be phased out. You've got dozens of guys, many of which won't even make the team, all sharing the machines and what not.

They say players tend not to bond at this time, because you don't know if the guy you're becoming friends with is going to be cut the next day. They also said players actually prefer to work out with their own trainers or in their own settings where they're more comfortable, there isn't a crowd, and they can address what they need to address.

I just don't see what kind of story there is on a guy wanting to work out somewhere else. I don't go to the gym because it's crowded and I like working out myself. Maybe I don't see a problem because I can relate to it.

That being said, if he's going to do his own thing, then it's his responsibility that it actually gets done. He'll be letting people down if he comes in out of shape or unfit.
    Yes, I prefer working out by myself as well. But for these guys, they gotta just show up to show their respect for the team, the players and the coaches, even if it is voluntary. It's like your friend saying, oh I'm having a party, do you wanna come? OH you don't HAVE to... Most people are gonna wind up going if they like it or not, or have the decency to call and say I can't go. Same thing for this, just call and say I prefer working out on my own machine or at my own pace alone.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

He can work out on his own but he's going to have the last guy on the roster spotting him when he works out with the team.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

this sounds like off season stuff that is blown up because theres nothing else to talk about,and 2nd point is who the hell cares if picketts working out.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Todd Rosiak, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers DT Ryan Pickett continues to skip the team's voluntary workouts.
    Sounds like an awful slow news day in Milwaukee. Aren't the Brewers in town? Surely there's a curling expo, or a "pat yourself on the back" day in Madison, or something other than Pickett not working out at a V-O-L-U-N-T-A-R-Y workout.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

(Shhhhhhhh! We must do nothing to discourage discontent, factionalism, frustration and dissension in Green Bay. Now try this...)

Why did the Packers spend all that money on that underachieving loser. Not even the Rams wanted him for their crappy defense. All the Packers need is to tie up millions in an underachieving head case who cares nothing about the team, his new teammates, personal dignity or hygiene. Why he is just a low rent Lawrence Philips and Tony Banks rolled into one.

(Now . . . go to Packers board and repeat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

WoW thats too bad he feels he needs to act that way , He needs alot of work to stay in shape ... Sad but true ! good player , Has room for growth ...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan
    WoW thats too bad he feels he needs to act that way , He needs alot of work to stay in shape ... Sad but true ! good player , Has room for growth ...
    Act like what? The workouts were voluntary, he wasn't required to attend........ and the updated news is

June 16, 2006 11:23 AM ET
    Packers: Pickett arrives
    Packers defensive tackle Ryan Pickett worked out with his new teammates for the first time on Thursday. "I felt like I let my team down by not being here," Pickett told the Green Bay Press Gazette. "I just wish I could have been here with them, to go through what they've been going through. It hurt me that I couldn't be here." Pickett missed nine of 14 team workouts due to a personal matter after signing with the Packers as a free agent.

So he missed some workouts that he was allowed to miss and even better he had a personal reason to not be there.

Much ado about nothing.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

bigredman is offline Registered User

Its important that athletes today workout year round. Yes, these are voluntary, and they are designed to give players a structured work out, and for new players, a chance to meet all of the coaches, trainers, etc. Many players have their own work out regimen and facilities, and the coaches and trainers know about it. In this case, sounds like he wasn't training, which can be a problem, especially for lineman. He's in now...we'll see what the coaches have to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]