hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Pisa the blitzing Bill?

Posted By Chris Brown Via NFL.com

Free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa visited with the Bills’ coaching staff on Thursday.

The outside linebacker was the leading tackler for St. Louis in 2008 with 135 tackles as compiled by the Rams’ coaching staff. Tinoisamoa (6’1”, 230) has spent his entire NFL career with St. Louis, but was released by the club in a salary cap move last week.

The six-year veteran has been a starter since his rookie season when the Rams made him a second-round draft choice. An athletic, fast moving linebacker, Tinoisamoa would be a good fit in Buffalo’s scheme.
    In fact the Rams drafted Tinoisamoa for a very similar defensive scheme to the one Buffalo runs now.

St. Louis ran a version of the ‘Tampa 2’ system under their defensive coordinator at that time Lovie Smith. A member of that defensive staff during two of Tinoisamoa’s first three seasons with the Rams was Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell.
    Despite a couple of seasons compromised by injury in 2006 and 2007, Fewell sees the same player he remembers from his coaching days with the Rams.

“He’s still that rangy, athletic linebacker that moves very well,” said Fewell. “Early this past season he was used mainly in coverage, but toward the end of the year he was used more as a blitzer. So that was an interesting added dimension to his game that we saw on tape. But yes, he has shown he is still a very productive player.”
    In his time with the Rams Tinoisamoa has played both on the strong side and weak side at linebacker. He turns 28 in July.

we are is offline Registered User

Re: Pisa the blitzing Bill?

I sure hope so....Keith Ellison is one of the worst linebackers in the NFL.

Mitchell - Poz - Pisa

That would have to be a top 8-10 linebacking core.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

It sure looks like that is where Pisa is headed, and I hope he does well not only because he is a good guy but also the Bills are my AFC team. Pisa would definately be an upgrade over Ellison thats for sure.

we are is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    It sure looks like that is where Pisa is headed, and I hope he does well not only because he is a good guy but also the Bills are my AFC team. Pisa would definately be an upgrade over Ellison thats for sure.
    I was wondering why the Bills of all teams would be your favorite AFC team...then I see youre from Canada, that explains it lol.

Thats kind of funny tho, the Rams are my favorite NFC team (outside of the Eagles) thats why ive stuck around here.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by we are View Post
    I was wondering why the Bills of all teams would be your favorite AFC team...then I see youre from Canada, that explains it lol.

Thats kind of funny tho, the Rams are my favorite NFC team (outside of the Eagles) thats why ive stuck around here.
    Yea I live in Toronto so I always try and make it to a Bills game each season and most people I know here are hardcore Bills fans. Sucks the team is gona move to Toronto the real fans here want it to stay in Buffalo.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

The RAMS did run the tampa too scheme. Where the Bills scheme is different is THEY RUN IT IN TEN INCHES OF DRIVING SNOW.

Hawaiians.
    Let the hype begin.