Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

Playoff Pool: Standings after 2 weeks

I was bored.

I took the time to determine everyone's current score and maximum score possible for the Playoff Pool.

Coz I'm nice like that. And bored.

So, if you picked the Colts to win it all you lost 10 points off your max score: 2 for the divisional round, 3 for the title game and 5 for the Super Bowl.

Here's a list of the people who still have a chance to win the cool autograph ball thingie from AvengerRam depending on the outcome of the remaining games.

And the top players are...

Name - score (max)

1) Theodus69 - 9 (20)

2) 1st & Goal - 9 (20)

3) Rawkhrdr - 7 (18)

4) Ram3057 - 7 (15)

Scenarios:

Theodus69 WINS if Seattle plays Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl, regardless of the outcome.

Theodus69 TIES 1st and Goal if Pittsburgh beats Carolina in the Super Bowl. (tiebreaker)

1st and Goal WINS if Carolina wins the Super Bowl, regardless of opponent.

1st and Goal TIES Ram3057 if Denver beats Carolina in the Super Bowl (tiebreaker)

Rawkhrdr WINS if Seattle beats Denver in the Super Bowl

Ram3057 needs to win tiebreaker over 1st and Goal to win the Pool.

The other 24 players are mathematically eliminated from winning the PLayoff Pool!

Good luck and Go Seahawks.

Edit: I'd like to point out that I myself am in 5th place I can't win tho because I have the same remaining picks as Rawkhrdr and he is 1 point ahead of me.
    Last edited by Seehawkrun; -01-16-2006 at 04:48 AM.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Playoff Pool: Standings after 2 weeks

I've got 8 right now and can max out at 11 woooooooooo LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by Seehawkrun
    Edit: I'd like to point out that I myself am in 5th place I can't win tho because I have the same remaining picks as Rawkhrdr and he is 1 point ahead of me.
    I'm not sure how you figure you are in 5th place right now, since I have 8 and can max out at 11, and you only have 6 right now. You would need Denver to win the AFC Champ or Seattle to win the Superbowl to move in front of me.

Must be some sort of Seahawk math you are doing there :tongue: LOL
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -01-16-2006 at 06:34 AM.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

Yep, I have 6, but I still have Denver and Seattle in it, plus I still have my superbowl champ in. I can max at 17. I was ranking the players on max points possible, rather than current points since there were a number of people who had 1 or two more points than me but picked Indy or Chicago to win it all

You have 8 points. That's more than two of the people listed, yet you aren't ahead of them because you can't mathematically win the Pool, see? I have only 6, yet if it weren't for Rawkhrdr I'd still be able to win.
    Last edited by Seehawkrun; -01-16-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Yep, I have 6, but I still have Denver and Seattle in it, plus I still have my superbowl champ in. I can max at 17. I was ranking the players on max points possible, rather than current points since there were a number of people who had 1 or two more points than me but picked Indy or Chicago to win it all

You have 8 points. That's more than two of the people listed, yet you aren't ahead of them because you can't mathematically win the Pool, see? I have only 6, yet if it weren't for Rawkhrdr I'd still be able to win.
    I know why I'm not listed but you can't mathematically win the pool either so you can't be in fifth, and the fact that I can still finish ahead of you means that you aren't in fifth place right now. I already know I am eliminated I just wanted to correct that "Seahawk" math. LOL You would still need Den to win the AFC or the Hawks to win the Superbowl to move ahead of me and since OldRamsFan had the same picks as me, move infront of him also, plus some others I'm sure. Only ranking on max points, it's hard to rank on points you don't have yet, that darn hawk math. LOL
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -01-16-2006 at 06:15 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

I was ranking everyone on where they *could* finish. If you think about it logically it makes the most sense because the playoffs aren't over yet and anything can happen. I was trying to determine who was still alive out of all 28 entries, and to do so I had to work backwards from the top using max scores not current scores.

Obviously, positions are going to change. Everyone knows that.

There were a number of folks, such as yourself, who have some of the most points as of right now, but I decided it makes more sense to rank those who still have a chance at getting the champion right ahead of those who picked an incorrect champion. *shrug* That part has nothing to do with math, just opinion.

I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else who's made good picks. I was just doing it for fun, and because I like tournaments. But feel free to make your own rankings as I have made mine
    Last edited by Seehawkrun; -01-17-2006 at 12:13 AM.

I was ranking everyone on where they *could* finish. If you think about it logically it makes the most sense because the playoffs aren't over yet and anything can happen. I was trying to determine who was still alive out of all 28 entries, and to do so I had to work backwards from the top using max scores not current scores.

Obviously, positions are going to change. Everyone knows that.

There were a number of folks, such as yourself, who have some of the most points as of right now, but I decided it makes more sense to rank those who still have a chance at getting the champion right ahead of those who picked an incorrect champion. *shrug* That part has nothing to do with math, just opinion.

I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else who's made good picks. I was just doing it for fun, and because I like tournaments. But feel free to make your own rankings as I have made mine
    I was never offended, I was just kidding around with the "Seahawk Math" just trying to inject some humour into the situation. No big deal

But I still am in front of you :tongue: LOL
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Congrats to THEODUS69...I was definitely rooting for Denver this weekend...if only because of this...

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Thanks for the props guys, this was a lucky,lucky guess! I'm kinda rooting for an old friend -BETTIS . But also to see our division" which was said to be the weakest' win it all also! I'll flip a coin.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!